The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Nico the company

jedimasterclarke

Hi there I wish I had a second chance at getting nico the companion I missed it by a little bit I really would like to get nico please I relley want him but I can't get him a I don't thank it far that I missed him by a few days

Look on the bright side. A British politician recently missed getting his name on the leadership ballot for his party because he was 17 minutes late filing the papers.

You did have a second chance. They put up a date, and then moved it back by ten days, and you still missed it. Fair or not, that's the way it is.

He hasn't been worth it TBQH

/signed

Nico is not an interesting companion at all. He's a drunkard with a few lines that quickly get old. Might have been cool to give him more of an edge or put some story to him which you can do through companion dialogue or sort of the like. But as it is, he's just a quick companion for leveling 1-10, with little to no extra value for your progression or experience.

Going from what's been said by guildies who have him, it would've been better to not have him as a companion and what dev resources that were used for him to have gone towards anything else. I don't have him, but what I've been told other than his recruitment quest, that's about it for anything unique as he's a standard companion template otherwise.

• 2 weeks later...
I have him. Used him once to level a bit, but since leveling is trivial on starting planets, now I don't use him at all. He is just a plain companion with little to no story to his character.

He's also useful for:

* Levelling crew skills on a character who is early in his class story (so doesn't have many companions yet.(1))

* Going places where you don't want to deal with your companion's reactions to conversations but you do want a companion out(2)

(1) But in that context Treek or HK-51 is equally useful. Note that your ability to send companions is limited to the smaller of (a) the number of companions you have and (b) the number your level allows you to send.

(2) But in that context Treek or HK-51 or a CM companion is also useful, subject to caveats about specific companions not working correctly.

Hi there I wish I had a second chance at getting nico the companion I missed it by a little bit I really would like to get nico please I relley want him but I can't get him a I don't thank it far that I missed him by a few days

I am not going to be getting the dark/light even companion but I am not asking that they make it available to me because of something I did.