game freezing and computer restart

TheSavir

I was playing swtor with no problems for a good while now. But all of a sudden, without any warning, the game freezes and then my laptop shuts down and restarts. I was wondering if anyone else was having that same issue, and if so, what do I need to do to fix the problem?

First thing to check i guess is that the laptop isnt overheating , so need to see what the CPU temp is when playing for a while.

Most overheat issues start after about 10 - 20minutes (roughly)

Can also do a repair

Non-Streaming launcher - Log into the launcher but don't click Play. Check for small letters "ST" in the bottom left corner.

If this is NOT present, With the new launcher after login , select the username pulldown on the top right and select settings, then press repair.

Streaming launcher - If the letters "ST" is present, close the launcher, right mouse click on the game shortcut,

select open file location and delete the BitRaider folder. Then start the launcher

Now with the launcher closed , right mouse click on the game shortcut,

select open file location again and go into the swtor folder , now here delete just the file called diskcacharena (dont delete the swtor folder) this is the games cache file, then start the launcher.