Lightsaber pike

Dr_Nex

Yea, yea heard all that before,as above i don't care about how they make the distinction non of those are melee classes, almost half (mind you iam counting ALL skills not just "advanced" class skills because they are part of that class ) of their skills are ranged (ranged as in using a gun) and they use guns as their MAIN hand weapon on top of that.

I think it was somewhat silly decision to wrap a ranged-weapon skin around melee-range mechanics myself. But that's what they did, and it makes the Blaster Rifle just about the shortest ranged gun in the game, and the Blaster Pistol one of the longest.

Mechanically, they're melee. It's not the only questionable decision that's resulted in a "gameplay and story" dichotomy to me. Sorcerers and Sages have a lightsaber taht they basically never use, because they were slotted for the "ranged force" role. Sentinels and Gunslingers have no "off" role because all three of their disciplines are DPS-focused. ETc.

Frankly i don't care about their stupid distinction of using meters, just becaue you can shoot a rocket launcher at point blank does not make it a melee attack.

Yea, yea heard all that before,as above i don't care about how they make the distinction non of those are melee classes, almost half (mind you iam counting ALL skills not just "advanced" class skills because they are part of that class ) of their skills are ranged (ranged as in using a gun) and they use guns as their MAIN hand weapon on top of that.

If you actually look at the animations of the abilities, basically none of them aside from rapid shots actually use the gun. And keep in mind, its not a full bore halo-style rocket launcher you are using, but a small, wrist-mounted rocket launcher. I don't think it is a stretch to think that a tiny thing that fits on your wrist would not have the same range as a giant assault cannon or sniper rifle, so even in looks, pts are definitely melee (aside from rapid shots, which is just the basic attack).

And on top of that, the vast majority of an operatives moveset is done with a knife. Melee doesn't mean "uses a sword", it just means "needs to be close to attack", and pts and operatives definitely do (and they don't use, or shouldn't use, their guns to attack anyway).

Frankly i don't care about their stupid distinction of using meters, just becaue you can shoot a rocket launcher at point blank does not make it a melee attack.

What if you jam it in the targets gut and then pull the trigger? Sounds pretty melee to me. :p

All must bow to game design.

They've decided to hold the line at "each AC must be instantly identifiable from their weapons." I think it's a little weird myself, but that's why.

It is a staple of PvP class design. If you don't force armor looks on people, then you force weapons on them.

I would like my Vanguard and PT to be able to use tech blades and tech staffs. The PT looks silly using continually raising and lowering its offhand while chugging a useless blaster back up into position only to drop it again with each GCD.

Not quite as silly as Operatives who have a rifle that they never use, as they are literally just knife fighting everything.

Not quite as silly as Operatives who have a rifle that they never use, as they are literally just knife fighting everything.

That's only concealment, lethality op main damage comes from corrosive assault which is using rifle.