Why does everyone have vibroblades?

Garrek

Same issue. It's due to the last update which introduced a number of bugs, including this and the giant weapons bug.

Would be really good to get a hotfix this week for these bugs, can we get a dev to give an idea of how long it'll take to fix? If it's gonna be a long time I guess I'll unsub until it's done. :(

Still there. Still annoying.

And I'm still not playing because of it. :rak_tongue: (At least not my characters who are leveling through the story.)

The bug appeared a week ago with the 4.7..2 update any upcoming fix should be not considered quick.

They're hoping to have it fixed with 4.7.3...I'd have loved it to be patched next day, but realistically I guess that's as quick as it gets. Many bugs have had it a lot worse...for now I'm just glad it was officially acknowledged and planned to be fixed.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showpost.php?p=9076358&postcount=23

(Apparently it's related to the large hilt bug.)

And I'm still not playing because of it. :rak_tongue: (At least not my characters who are leveling through the story.)

)

That is just weird weird reason not to play... You are fine with smashing regular soldiers 50 times with lightsaber that is supposed to cut trough walls, but you stop playing when people carry vibroblades?

If you ask me, it makes no sense. I understand that immersion can be important, but then how can you play when lightsabers take 3 minutes of cutting to kill people?

Answered your own question and Rome fell btw.

I just find it weird that you think it is immersive for Jedi knight to take 3 minutes of slashing with lightsaber to kill regular troopers. You know, lightsabers that can cut trough most things. You know, Jedi who can take down legions of enemies.

Its not like everyone wears personal shield that can reflect lightsabers. if they do, i find it even easier to believe everyone would wear vibroblade, especially soldiers.

Or when you take volley of missiles to the head and take barely any damage. That is immersion breaking. Far more than everyone having vibroblades.

If you don`t find it immersion breaking for every regular soldier everywhere taking 50 shots to the head to kill, then you should not find everyone carrying vibro blade immersion breaking. For all we know, they are cheap and part of common culture to wear them every day.

Edited by TheRomanRuler

I just find it weird that you think it is immersive for Jedi knight to take 3 minutes of slashing with lightsaber to kill regular troopers. You know, lightsabers that can cut trough most things. You know, Jedi who can take down legions of enemies.

Its not like everyone wears personal shield that can reflect lightsabers. if they do, i find it even easier to believe everyone would wear vibroblade, especially soldiers.

Or when you take volley of missiles to the head and take barely any damage. That is immersion breaking. Far more than everyone having vibroblades.

If you don`t find it immersion breaking for every regular soldier everywhere taking 50 shots to the head to kill, then you should not find everyone carrying vibro blade immersion breaking. For all we know, they are cheap and part of common culture to wear them every day.

Don't be silly, regular mobs go down in seconds, you're talking about elites, champions, bosses, and even then only bosses take minutes to kill. Standard MMO affair, and far easier to stomach from a immersion point of view than suddenly arming everyone with vibroblades, including diplomats, senators, random civilians, etc.

This is a bug, confirmed by the devs and will be fixed in the next patch. Hopefully soon.