Nar Shaddaa Promenade ads

xxxaaylaxxx

Hi guys and gals!

So I know that some of you might wonder/ have wondered what the female announcer could possibly say. If not, well at least I have, so I took the time to try to find out what she says all the time.

There are 8 "ads", these are based on my hearing so it may not be perfect and the translation sometimes may seem odd considering I'm not a native English speaker or I just don't know what she could mean. (And she pronounces words in a really odd way) :( :(

But I think she's advertising some of the places of the Promenade, like the cantina, the GSI shop, etc.

Here we go:

Yatuka poka foo creeda, vota mo creeta chaychay.

(To pay here with credits, move or pay with a card)

Wamma oto jah koga Huttuk panwa, do bumpa woola.

(Want to enjoy a Hutt-sized bed? Pay for a room for the night.)

Magoosa nopa chonky, fa goota jee oto endeeya.

(I think I'm not a decoration, to want the final offer.)

Cha porkman outmian geesa, chobbod ee ka foo an chawa.

(He's the big time outlander but he owns the race.)

Nago lee gee wantahompa, moullee-rah watta wompa.

(Want to have it with a warranty? Money makes it happen.)

Fweepa niaga tweepi tah poka, tonka wanna wanga.

(Clean the racks to pay, expect guns upstairs)??

Chess ko lee skocha wanga, doompa con chinka.

(Be careful of burnout guns, they're charged for dump.)??

Unubunko wa woony goopa, tom tee tok u maky du nee.

(When you pull into the underground (cantina), take your time)??

So the last three doesn't make sense to me at all and they're the hardest to understand. If someone knows either of them or have a better translation feel free to point it out to me!! :D :D

Very nice!

I can't imagine how many takes it took the voice actress for those lines, lol. Then again, maybe she was just really good at it from the start and got them all in one take; but I know I for one couldn't have a straight face half way any of those lines trying to speak them out loud.

Wow, I had no idea these were anything other than a collection of syllables. Some of them still don't make any sense translated, but it's still really neat!

I'm curious now, though, too, do the stock "Huttese" lines that are repeatedly used in mission briefings and such actually mean anything, too? Or are they just the alien equivalent of lorem ipsum?

Edited by JLazarillo

Wow, I had no idea these were anything other than a collection of syllables. Some of them still don't make any sense translated, but it's still really neat!

I'm curious now, though, too, do the stock "Huttese" lines that are repeatedly used in mission briefings and such actually mean anything, too? Or are they just the alien equivalent of lorem ipsum?

No, these lines are also used in the mission briefings, so what they say is gibberish, not at all what the subtitles are. :o :o