The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Hammer Station Blues

RuneBane

I was doing Hammer Station last night, I believe I was holding aggro pretty well for my first time. However, the healer said that I needed a ton of heals. Did not understand what he meant and thought maybe it was my gear. I understand I am suppose to stack Aim and I had my off handed shield deflector. Is there anything that I am perhaps missing? Read all the forums, but herhaps I am misunderstanding them.

Early on there isn't much you can do other than stack endurance and aim. You might get lucky and get a piece of gear that has some defense but it's really not a huge deal.

Later on you'll take less damage from talents and such but until then I wouldn't worry about it too much. It could possibly have been your level or the healers level, or a lack of dps. There's alot of factors at play when instances get tough.

Don't worry too much about that...Hammer Station is a bit rough for many groups. The main problem is people are use to simply zerging the instance which can be hard without top gear and a good level ratio to the flashpoint. Crowd control works wonders on many of the rough pulls and good knowledge of the boss mechanics(this doesn't just go for you, but the group) will really cut down on the healing needed. I went in there at level 18 with everything in pyrotech and it wasn't too bad. The pull in the beginning where there are two heroic spider droids was definitely the hardest thing in there with no CC.