The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Line(s) you dislike

VitalityPrime

After reading through so many "favorite lines in the game" threads...I wanted to start this.

The idea is...as we all know, you only have three choices to pick from for dialogue. Sometimes, all three choices are not really that good.

So I ask, which line, or lines, are your least favorite...in terms of you "being forced" to choose.

Mine, which prompted this thread...is the line for the Jedi Knight, after Alderaan.

Orgus dies, and you talk to General Var Suthra about it.

If you're like my Jedi, you're not going to be cold about his death...so you pick the best choice for the scenario...and then your Jedi says "He taught me everything I know about being a Jedi".

I dislike it, because it's a flat out lie. Your Jedi's teachers before arriving on Tython are the ones that taught you everything. Orgus Din is an awesome character, for sure...but he didn't actually teach you a damn thing.

I dislike it, because it's the only "good" choice during that conversation...yet it's a complete lie.

Have you came across any dialogue choices like that, that didn't make any sense, but you were "forced" to use?

Edited by VitalityPrime

If you're like my Jedi, you're not going to be cold about his death...so you pick the best choice for the scenario...and then your Jedi says "He taught me everything I know about being a Jedi".

I dislike it, because it's a flat out lie. Your Jedi's teachers before arriving on Tython are the ones that taught you everything. Orgus Din is an awesome character, for sure...but he didn't actually teach you a damn thing.

I dislike it, because it's the only "good" choice during that conversation...yet it's a complete lie.

Have you came across any dialogue choices like that, that didn't make any sense, but you were "forced" to use?

I'd say that my least favourite (even though it makes perfect sense in the context) would be most of the Agent story in Chapter Two.

Almost none of the voice responses correspond to the dialogue wheel response, which makes sense in the story but takes away all sense of control over what my character is doing.

Addressing your point about the JK and that line, I would disagree. You have to think about what is being said. The JK is saying that Orgus's example is how he learned to be a *Jedi* rather than just a guy with some funky powers and a magic glow stick (or even two magic glow sticks, of course, but my original JK is a Guardian).

I agree with you OP that the line about Orgus is jarring. The game could have started out with the JK having already been Orgus' padawan for years and have them come to Tython together for the JK's final trials. It would have been better for the story IMO and that later line would have made perfect sense. It's just weird and not believable that your fully grown jedi character would have been training with the younglings all this time and then suddenly become a padawan and get a master, never train with them, and graduate to jedi knight in like 1 week tops. Same with the consular. The sith classes stay apprentices for much longer and them not really being taught anything by their masters makes a lot more sense for a sith who is just kind of using their apprentice as a servant.

Anyway, my most hated lines are the one my characters are forced to say such as all the autodialogue in KotFE, and parts of SoR. The autodialogue has my 100% LS nice and honorable sith inquisitor (that the game gave me the options to play in the base 1-50 game) threaten people, act all high and mighty, and say totally out of character things about ruling the galaxy with an iron fist for example.

I'd say that my least favourite (even though it makes perfect sense in the context) would be most of the Agent story in Chapter Two.

Almost none of the voice responses correspond to the dialogue wheel response, which makes sense in the story but takes away all sense of control over what my character is doing.

I disagree with you there, the lack of control is exactly the point and as you said was a key part of the story. Would you rather have been able to have your character tell their allies and bosses what was going on and the bosses just ignore you or go "oh you're probably overreacting silly?" Also the only dialogue options that aren't the same as what you pick on the dialogue wheel are the ones that reveal information you're not supposed to reveal about what's going on. Evasive answers or answers that change the subject and so on remain the same as what you picked. Ex:

when you're passed out on the floor, if you try to say "OMG I am being brainwashed, halp!" what comes out is along the lines of "everything's fine, lets go about our business" but if you pick the "aww you were concerned about me?" then that's pretty much what is actually said.

Edited by Nefla

I disagree with you there

No, I'm sorry, it *really* is my least favourite. You can't disagree with that. I even *said* that it is appropriate in the context of the story.

I suppose that makes it not so much the dialogue as the story that I don't like. (But then again, there are parts of the JK story I don't like either, like all of Chapter Two. No way in Lleh would I be so eager to participate in such a *STOOPID* plan.)

• 4 months later...

Generally hate it when dialogue comes off lightyears away from what the written choice suggested...

Also, not a dialogue, but I totally hated it when my mostly LS bounty hunter threw a helpless jedi in an acid pool, just like that.

Also hate it the first time you meet Baras, you go all casual, reclining against the wall, carefree, not giving a damn bout anything. That should get you dead.

Edited by BenduKundalini