[KotET][QoL Request] Character Selection Screen

ZeroPlus

Would you consider returning the Character Selection screen back to having 8 visible characters as it was before the launch of Knights of the Fallen Empire?

When SWTOR launched on December 20th, 2011, there were 8 characters visible on the Character Selection screen.

With the release of Knights of the Fallen Empire on October 27th, 2015, (almost 4 years after the initial launch), the number of visible characters on the Character Selection screen was reduced to 6.

No explanation was given for the change (at any time since the launch). There was no mention of the change in any patch note.

Could we please go back to having (at least) 8 characters visible on the Character Selection screen?

Ok, While I too preferred 8 characters to 6, not sure that this is really a QoL item. Maybe if you only have 8 characters but if you had 9 or more not sure that this will make a difference. In-fact other things would be more practical such as having an icon by each character to say if you have mail, or last time character was logged in. Not that either of these is a must have and would also have downsides.

Have to admit though that the change from 8 to 6 has no benefit at all and did seem pointless when it happened.

I'd rather see a Republic / Empire tab at the top, with all of my characters visible when selecting a tab. Instead of having to click to make the list go to the right multiple times.

It could certainly be improved upon what is there now, definitely doesn't make use of screen real estate.

I'd rather see a Republic / Empire tab at the top, with all of my characters visible when selecting a tab. Instead of having to click to make the list go to the right multiple times.

This is an excellent suggestion and one I personally would approve of.

The tabs could come into play once you reach a certain number of characters (6?) so that new players aren't left wondering what happened to their "other" character(s) ;).

It could certainly be improved upon what is there now, definitely doesn't make use of screen real estate.

True.