SWTOR problems

Beckwith

Hello all,

I have been struggling to make this post for a very long time. I wanted to get all my thoughts together before I made a post like this and I hope Eric and the Devs see and read this too.

First off, State of the game, I believe we can all agree that this game is dying. I love Star Wars and to see this game dying the way it is, is just sad to me. I am a huge Star Wars fan like a lot of my guildies in my guild. But, we, in my guild, focus mainly on PvE content like Operations. We also do PvP and Conquest, but Operations is where we focus on and we have cleared all the HM content and even some NIM content, but we consider ourselves a HM raiding guild. Now, what is sad is that a while back the Devs said “We will be putting out new ops every 14 months”. Now they did that up to a point, but then they stopped that after 3.0. It has been 23 months and no new Ops. This is why a huge portion of their subs are leaving. Putting all the ops at level, was a great idea and it is nice doing the old ops on tier, but some of the bosses were not leveled and do more damage than they should or are to weak and die way to easily and barely do any damage at all. My guild was doing the HM Ops in 198 and 192 gear as soon as it came out. It was sad. What makes it worse is that there are people that only do EV and KP and get their 6 piece set bonus and they don't have to do any of the harder ops at all. This is embarrassing to the people that push HM and NIM content and try to get the good gear. Now, I am not saying I am or my guild is the best raiding guild on our server or in the game, but this should never have happened. You should have had to do at least SnV to get your 6 piece set bonus and that is being generous. SnV is almost as easy as EV and KP, not counting Styrak. The priority of the week, I did not mind to much, but I will say that it is unfair in a lot of ways. People that can only do KP and EV have a 6 piece set bonus, an Earpiece, Relics, and a mainhand. These people can't clear any other content and can't pull their weight in any other Ops, but because you put all that stuff in easy Ops, it is easy to gear up in 224 gear in a couple of runs. This is cheap and unfair to real raiders that push HM and NIM content. If you are going to have a Priority of the week OP, then put it for the harder Ops of SnV, TFB, DF, DP, Ravagers, and ToS. Don't put a cheap EV and KP in it, its unfair to real raiders that push content and know how to gear and take the time to actually learn their class and rotations. These people that just do KP and EV don't know how to gear and screw up all their stats not knowing how to gear out and they don't put the effort in to learn their class and rotation, so most of these people in 224 gear are parsing under 5k and some under 4k DPS. I know because I have taken some into my guild and had to teach them their class and rotations so they can pull over 6k. Some of these guys/girls don't have 110% accuracy, some don't have any alacrity and to much accuracy, some have no alacrity and all crit and accuracy. It is a mess and I know its having to teach new players and I have no problem with that, but should these people be allowed to get 224 gear? I don't think so unless they earn it and EV and KP is not earning it. You can literally 5man EV and you can do the same with KP, not counting Fabricator. That is enough of my rant about your messed up Ops.

Secondly, story, the KOTFE story was decent at points and other points it was terrible. For example, Chapter 12, I believe it is, where you craft your weapon with the help of Satele Shan and Darth Marr. This was poorly made because, in my opinion, the non-force users should have a completely different story line here. This story makes no sense for a Trooper, Smuggler, Agent, or Bounty Hunter. You are going through the story like ***? I am not a freaking force user morons!!! These two are telling me I can wield the force after I played the entire game and never used it before? Really? I recently played WoW and they recently released Burning Legion expansion. They have a part in there where you have to go get a legacy weapon based on what specialization you are. If you are a DPS you get a certain weapon, if you are a Tank you get a different weapon, if you are a Healer you get a different weapon. The story for each weapon was different. It was not the same for any specialization. Completely different story and the story was fun and interesting, but it was short. This is what Bioware should have done for Chapter 13. Maybe not different for every specialization but different for force users and non-force users. The other problem I, and many others, had with KOTFE is that you kept saying your choices matter. They mattered on keeping certain companions, besides that they didn't matter until the end until (spoiler) Koth stole the ship from you if you got rid of Koth earlier in chapters. If you didn't get rid of him, you still have the ship and Koth. This seems to be the first point at which the story could split into multiple options, which is what we want. If our choices really mattered then their would be chapters where they are different from our choices we pick, but do the chapters ever change or have a different one totally? NO. This is simply a linear story line. If our choices mattered then the story would break out into a tree with multiple options, but this never happens and its the same chapters over and over and over again. Where do our choices really matter? Please tell us.

There are a lot of things that I have found in WoW that is better than here. For example, they have a calendar that has what events are coming up, you can post guild events, and more. They had a huge event to kick off the Burning Legion expansion, which I think is something you guys should have done with KOTFE but you failed at that. WoW seems to like to give their members money, because it is easy to make money there from not using the Auction house (GTN), compared to SWTOR where it is a grind to make money. It is easy to make money in SWTOR, don't get me wrong, but its a pain because its the same repetitive stuff over and over and over again, like dailies or Heroics. In WoW you kill something and get loot you made about 20 gold. You get items from quests that is worth 100 gold sometimes. I played for about 3 weeks now and I have over 30k gold and I know I could have made more but I been playing SWTOR trying to keep my raid teams going and my guild going. Lucky for me, I can play WoW and SWTOR at the same time with minimal lag in WoW.

I guess what I am saying is that I wish you guys at Bioware would listen to us more and pay attention to your community. I been bugging you guys for years for a calendar in the game for, at least the guilds. But, have I gotten that request? NO. I just want to know you guys are listening to us before you lose everyone and the game is no more. This is an important game for me because it is Star Wars, just liked SWG was important to me before they ruined that too. So, please listen to your community and we won't let you down. Please answer our questions when we ask them in the forums and in your streams about new content.

The chapter visions in the dark was by far my favorite! So I get a fancy made weapon on my agent. How awesome is that? Not everyone gets 2 force users to embue their weapon with special powers. My agent is very happy.

I don't agree the game is dying. I do think changes should be made to make it better but it's not dying.

As for the rest I glanced over this as the same ppl post the same rants repeatedly. Maybe this is your first doom and gloom wow is better post and maybe it's not. I don't really care and I'm not wasting any more time on it.

I do hope you go back and edit a bit more so it's easier to read, but your essential points in part one are spot on.

The lack of content is certainly one thing, but specific structural changes to "how" people raid have made things far, far worse, especially at the middle tier, casual-but-able-to-clear-content type of level. This was the core of hundreds of guilds and despite what people try to say, they're gone or soon to be.

The content drought would be far less damaging to these communities if things like normalization, HHM, and Hardmare had simply never existed.

But, as the happy players like to say, things are fine. The story is somehow bringing in more people than the drought is pushing out the door. It doesn't feel that way to me though. It seems to me that most of the hype about the upcoming expansion has exactly nothing to do with the content we know is coming. It's for all the stuff they hope is in it but probably won't be.

All I know is my 9 year old son logged into Xbone today and saw episode 8 of Minecraft Story was released. It cost 5 bucks and he played it for about 3 hours. He can go back and replay any episode he wants, any time. I asked him about choices, and if they mattered - he explained a whole bunch of things he went back and did multiple times to see what happened. Apparently, they mattered. 5 Bucks an episode, and IMO it wrecks KotFE.

No one cares any more man. A bunch of us were talking in mumble the other night trying to imagine what would have happened to this game if the devs had simply done a couple of the things WoW does. Things like LFR. Proving Grounds. Flex. 5-man "flashpoints" that are relevant, and that people actually do. The little book that explains the basic mechanics of the fights, right on the UI. Oh, and releasing content. How many more subscribers would be here right now?

The forums would have you think not too many more, but IMO most players who actually understand this stuff would say a metric ****ton more. But the studio does not want to try to make a game like that. They want a low maintenance mishmash of unsupported old content to leverage as a microtransaction platform. This game should have been great. It's sad.

I don't think the game is dying. The IP can float it. But for me, just IMO, the parts that made it actually worth paying for are pretty much dead and will be buried in a couple more weeks.