Raiders are the only people forced to pay... with no new content.

Vaalin

No one ever kicked me from group finder group because of gear or level. Where do you people play? Or better, WHEN? Because this has to be happening when I don't play as I have never met this and people are telling me that it's happening on the server I play on. I play on TRE during 5 - 11 PM CEST and again, never happened to me. And believe me, I use SM OPS for exping my toons quite regularly(I love Dread Fortress & Dread Palace combo :D)

The problem is that i don't know when i will play the game and how long. I have lots of sudden must AFK or just quit the game all of the sudden.(sorry for AFK ing in WZ sometimes:p when guarding an node) Sometime doing one heroic can take 1-2 hrs ( kill some ->afk -> crew skills->afk..). Sometimes it happens that i have some undisturbed time so i do OPS but that happened like 6-8 times in my 3 years sub and those were OPS Runs so..... it is hard to explore the content when running/skipping.

i would like once don't skip the dialogues(abort conversation to pick another option), check for hidden areas or nice points of view... i missed my chance when there was no lvl synchronization so you could run lvl50-55 OPS with less ppl.

OFC my personal problem shouldn't be your problems but OPS like DP/DF tied to solo story ARC and then the SOR solo Kill Revan and other SOLO FP, TACTICALS show that BW sees the problem that they create CONTENT but not all can access it (for other reason that they simply don't want to). It is like making an movie but 20-30% cant watch the 15-30 min of 2hrs long movie

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My point was not that the OP does not have a point, it was that raiders are not the only ones who get the raw deal sometimes. I also pay the same sub you do.

No point? Lets just go through the various activities in game that players can partake in without dropping a dime. Story and leveling? Yep all the way to 50 without dropping a cent. Want to do all of SoR and KotFE? That's a one time payment of $15 and it will get you to 65!. Would you like to PVP? Que up! Free matches every week or just join a group and que with a sub and you're in! Flashpoints? Que away, solo all day, not a dime. GSF? Again just click that little button and if you're on a server that isn't dead you'll be using a mouse to fly clumsily around in no time! Operations? NOPE. Hold the bus, you gotta drop some of that cash if you want to raid.

I have a very valid point, ops are the only completely pay gated content in the game. You can dabble in everything else but hell no you can't run a raid without paying the man who has written Ops off.

NIce. Kudos

That sort of thing could only help our dwindling raider playerbase.

Thing is, with my crew struggling to get together for a simple hm raid, I don't know that I have the resources to pull something like this off. Also I'm not sure about the need for this from those who don't raid. Also with the new expansion is looming I'm not sure that this is the right time for it.

Thing is, with my crew struggling to get together for a simple hm raid, I don't know that I have the resources to pull something like this off. Also I'm not sure about the need for this from those who don't raid. Also with the new expansion is looming I'm not sure that this is the right time for it.

This. We are struggling too, with most raiders having left the game, and most new players being more interested in making money with heroics than actually doing something more challenging.

No point? Lets just go through the various activities in game that players can partake in without dropping a dime. Story and leveling? Yep all the way to 50 without dropping a cent. Want to do all of SoR and KotFE? That's a one time payment of $15 and it will get you to 65!. Would you like to PVP? Que up! Free matches every week or just join a group and que with a sub and you're in! Flashpoints? Que away, solo all day, not a dime. GSF? Again just click that little button and if you're on a server that isn't dead you'll be using a mouse to fly clumsily around in no time! Operations? NOPE. Hold the bus, you gotta drop some of that cash if you want to raid.

I have a very valid point, ops are the only completely pay gated content in the game. You can dabble in everything else but hell no you can't run a raid without paying the man who has written Ops off.

Try again you misread it.

"My point was not that the OP does not have a point, it was that raiders are not the only ones who get the raw deal sometimes. I also pay the same sub you do."

Is not saying YOU HAVE NO POINT.

Also coming here with that crap about you have to pay on a forum where you can only post on if you pay a sub is redundant.

@Rolodome

"Maybe you should be making a separate thread to talk about your soloing issues."

Was not my point either, yes I have complained here in this thread but only to show the OP that every player will have issues with what BW does. You not complaining does not change any of the facts I put down. It was not a complaint about BW, it was to show that the OP's argument that raiders are the only ones put upon is BS. I have not asked BW to change solo play nor would I, because unlike raiders I don't start thread after thread after thread after thread spouting the same cry baby story again and again that was all said in the 100+ other threads they have started. BW are already fully aware of the situation and this thread will probably change nothing. In-fact I think we all know it won't.

Edited by DreadtechSavant

@Rolodome

"Maybe you should be making a separate thread to talk about your soloing issues."

Was not my point either, yes I have complained here in this thread but only to show the OP that every player will have issues with what BW does. You not complaining does not change any of the facts I put down. It was not a complaint about BW, it was to show that the OP's argument that raiders are the only ones put upon is BS. I have not asked BW to change solo play nor would I, because unlike raiders I don't start thread after thread after thread after thread spouting the same cry baby story again and again that was all said in the 100+ other threads they have started. BW are already fully aware of the situation and this thread will probably change nothing. In-fact I think we all know it won't.

I disagree with your point then. The majority of solo content in this game is either free, or requires a one-time purchase. Raiders (the OP's point) have to pay persistently for ops access beyond the preferred limit.

The OP was not saying no one else has issues of any kind. He was pointing out that raiders are the only one who has to continually pay just to keep playing their old content. It would be like if you had a limited number of class missions you could do a week and had to pay a sub to do more than that, or get a weekly pass.

In DDO you don't get gimped that much. I'm citing it, because it is a much better F2P model thanm SWTOR in my opinion.

SWTOR feels in every corner like "let's make us making them having to PAY !" It's an entire feeling in and with the game. Of course, more insensitive and more extrovert people can't sense it. They only get a vague feeling they can't pin down to something.

Yeah, SWTOR's model is pretty nuts. If DDO had graphics and story like SWTOR, I'd probably check it out. Too bad I'm a stickler for graphics that aren't too low-res and cartoony. As it is, SWTOR's stylized part is not something I'm a big fan of, but at least they have a distinct component of realism.

I don't see why they don't just make subbing a better deal. I prefer MMOs with subscriptions; because, in my estimation, "There's nothing more expensive than a Free-to-Play MMO." Also, I like paying a set amount and receiving all the content.

I hate all the nickle'n'diming F2P games put its players through. I understand wanting to offer content a la carte to folks who aren't interested in a sub, but their F2P time should really just be an appetizer that leads to their subscription....and when they do finally subscribe, it should be one of those "light from heaven, angels choir" type moments that leaves them wondering how they ever got by without paying $0.50 per day.

As it stands, I feel like my subscription is just okay. It definitely saves a lot of the hassle of being F2P or Preferred, but is hassling people really the best way for an entertainment company to operate? Also, I feel like there's a lot of content I miss out on as a subscriber. I mean, there are still all the stupid lockboxes (DCUO lets subs open theirs for free) and all the past subscriber rewards that I've permanently missed out on (meanwhile the premium digital content from my Collector's Edition has been made available for $5 to everyone.) Bioware isn't even consistent in that regard.

I just wish my Sub here in SWTOR was more like my WoW or DCUO subscription.

Well the part of the problem is, that as a preferred you need a subscriber who can take you into WZ in a team. Imagine this working for raids, no passes, only 1 subscriber needed for 3 preferred players(not sure if this works for F2P players). Hmm...

Yes, but there was no problem, since i said, we had 2 subs. The thing is that people would stay subbed if they knew the raiding content would be constantly coming, why stay subbed to do the same operations over and over again?

No one ever kicked me from group finder group because of gear or level. Where do you people play? Or better, WHEN? Because this has to be happening when I don't play as I have never met this and people are telling me that it's happening on the server I play on. I play on TRE during 5 - 11 PM CEST and again, never happened to me. And believe me, I use SM OPS for exping my toons quite regularly(I love Dread Fortress & Dread Palace combo :D)

Hmm interesting, I guess you have been lucky, but you only speak of SM ops, you dont need gear for that the bolster is so powerful that you can go in naked, you would have to do really stupid things to get kicked. You can only get kicked from HM fps, HM ops and NiM ops.

Try again you misread it.

lol mate your are really dum!

OK you pay for the game BUT try not to pay!! I dont know what you do in the game all day, but let your sub run out. What will you miss? The OP stated that clearly, the only thing you wont have access to are Operations!! Everything else you is accesable.

The process is simple, you pay a onetime sub of 12,- euros then unsub, you get the whole game!! After your sub runs out you get limitations on characers, credits, appearance, quickbars..... No problem, you click someones refferal and get a bundle mailed to every toon, which includes unlocks for quickbars, hide headslot etc.

So basically with this process you can play the game fully with just a credit cap!! BUT NO ACCESS TO OPERATIONS!! GET IT???

Try playing WoW, your sub runs out, game closed!!

I think it makes some sense to allow operations available to F2P/preferred players. However I would add the caveat that they can not roll "Need" on any item in the operation, only greed. This way people can still run ops with their friends or guilds, but if they do a PuG or join an operation with a guild that is mostly all subbed, then those who are paying for the game will get priority for drops.

I would love more new operations, even though I am one of those players that does every aspect of the game equally. I run operations for progression, I PvP for fun and try the Arena Seasons, I play GSF often, I love decorating my stronghold, and making new outfits for my characters, I enjoy running the story missions, and flashpoints, and I enjoy crafting and playing the GTN/Economy, gosh I am having a blast leveling new characters for the DvL event even though I already have a lvl 65 of every advanced class.

But I do sympathize with strict PvPers, and now Ops players who are in a content drought, hopefully there will be new operations and more PvP maps in the near future. But in the mean time I wouldn't mind if Operations were open to F2P/Pref players if they were not allowed to "Need" on items.

Hmm interesting, I guess you have been lucky, but you only speak of SM ops, you dont need gear for that the bolster is so powerful that you can go in naked, you would have to do really stupid things to get kicked. You can only get kicked from HM fps, HM ops and NiM ops.

Wait a minute, I thought we were talking about SM OPS. For HM Ops it is a whole different story. I kicked many players from HM PUG for bad gear(with the exception of EV/KP and partially S&V(Styrak, sigh)). There was question if they have anything better and if not - bye, bye beautiful.

Wait a minute, I thought we were talking about SM OPS. For HM Ops it is a whole different story. I kicked many players from HM PUG for bad gear(with the exception of EV/KP and partially S&V(Styrak, sigh)). There was question if they have anything better and if not - bye, bye beautiful.

@merovejec here,

yes for HM ops sure, you need gear there, at least the 204 or 208 pvp stuff, with a bit more accuracy, otherwise you are fine.