Seargent Rusk now using Blaster-/sniper rifle

Drake_Averrod

While I loved the Bonus chapter and I loved how we got to recruit one and dispose of another in this alliance allert. I am somewhat dissappointed with Rusk no longer using an assault cannon. As far as I can tell the only other companions using them now are that hairy starfortress guy from belsavis ( who I would rather see with two vibroswords, like Tucchuk (spelling)) and CM droid companions.

It would have been nice to atleast have one "commando style companion". especially after Jorgan swithced to sniper rifles (although it makes sense for him storywise)

So what are your opinions?

While I loved the Bonus chapter and I loved how we got to recruit one and dispose of another in this alliance allert. I am somewhat dissappointed with Rusk no longer using an assault cannon. As far as I can tell the only other companions using them now are that hairy starfortress guy from belsavis ( who I would rather see with two vibroswords, like Tucchuk (spelling)) and CM droid companions.

It would have been nice to atleast have one "commando style companion". especially after Jorgan swithced to sniper rifles (although it makes sense for him storywise)

So what are your opinions?

They ruined the uniqueness of pretty much all vanilla companions. I am distraught.

They ruined the uniqueness of pretty much all vanilla companions. I am distraught.

They sure did.

Several characters lost unique skills.

Nadia no longer does the 360 force burst (which she had specifically because she uses it in the story!)

Zenith had a unique grenade toss. Every other ranged tech companion had a single grenade toss, Zenith threw 3 of them in a wider aoe.

Akaavi had a flamethrower.

Temple had the 'ambush' skill in place of the grenade toss but her's did enhanced damage AND a dot.

Xalek used sorc attacks like force lightning and assassin defensives as the most unique tank companion originally.

Khem doesn't heal on his tank taunts anymore

HK-51 lost all of his unique skills (we got updated versions of them in the knew mission as HK-55, literally every skill there other than the rocket aoe was HK-51's old kit just overpowered)

Blizz lost all of his unique attacks, he anti-droid shotgun and his rocket launcher =/

That is just a few of them.

While I also miss the unique skills in this case I would not even mind it as much if Rusk would have kept the assault cannon. Imho kinda fits with his recklesness character too. bring abig gun and shoot stuff. Maybe he developed but I didn't get that from his recruitement mission. And on top of that he would have been the last Vanilla comp to use one. Unless they put it on a different one. except for iresso though none comes to mind where it would fit imo (from the ones not rerecruited yet)

While I also miss the unique skills in this case I would not even mind it as much if Rusk would have kept the assault cannon. Imho kinda fits with his recklesness character too. bring abig gun and shoot stuff. Maybe he developed but I didn't get that from his recruitement mission. And on top of that he would have been the last Vanilla comp to use one. Unless they put it on a different one. except for iresso though none comes to mind where it would fit imo (from the ones not rerecruited yet)

They could have given a cannon to Vette after Plunder and Profit...her statue as one! :(

• 1 month later...
I guess they want the Assault Cannon to die out ? Aric doesn't use it anymore as well.

For Aric it makes sense though, some of his conversations is about serving in the sniper squad "the deadeyes" and when they changed him from assault cannon to sniper they did it so he used it throughout the old content as well.

Rusk just picks up a a sniper rifle between Shadow of Revan and KotFE and refuses to use his old assault cannon again (except when he is inspecting troops in the military hangar of odessen)

Yeah not tickled with the following change:

Scorpio: Tech staff to rifle

Corso: Used to be able to use rifles

Rusk: Going from AC to sniper

Torian: Tech blade to rifle

Guss: from pistol to lightsaber(though this makes sense if you think about it.)

Kaliyo: used to be able to use pistols.

That's all I can think of.

I was most confused by the fact that after I completed the Alliance Alert for Rusk, he was wearing his assault cannon in Odessen right after I got him. Unfortunately, after I summoned him as a Companion for the first time, he decided to ditch the assault cannon somewhere and go for the rifle.

I have an increasing suspicion - just speculating - that the current dev team either doesn't have access to or can't modify vanilla/pre-KOTFE content for some reason, so they may not even know how to make these simple tweaks since BW did all of their staff restructuring... it may also explain why they haven't touched vanilla content at all, but that's another topic.

Some other KOTFE Companion issues include:

- No more ambient chatter in vanilla planets/areas after being returned in KOTFE.

- Class companions don't appear on your ship after being returned in KOTFE, but the companions returned via the companion terminal still do, as does Treek and HK-51. Hell, I can't even find Vette in the Odessen base. :confused: Maybe someone can help me out here.

- Companions' mouths don't move when you click on them to talk in KOTFE, but the companions returned via the companion terminal still do.

- And this could be a pre-KOTFE bug, but some companions use other companion's voices during combat.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head, but there's a huge discrepancy in vanilla companions vs. KOTFE companions go as far as being polished, and the pre-KOTFE companions definitely feel more polished to me.

Edited by Edyn

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.