The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Adding the ultra dyes to collections or extractable

ZaichiZ

When I say adding the ultra rare dyes to collections, I'm talking about black black dye etc. It's ridiculous having to pay 10 mil every time on the GTN, all just to get the dye to have it only be usable once.

If not the above suggestion, why not make the ultra rare dye items reusable/extractable legacy bound? Or at the very least one character even?

Edited by ZaichiZ

When I say adding the ultra rare dyes to collections, I'm talking about black black dye etc. It's ridiculous having to pay 10 mil every time on the GTN, all just to get the dye to have it only be usable once.

If not the above suggestion, why not make the ultra rare dye items reusable/extractable legacy bound? Or at the very least one character even?

You already answered your own question.

The value of those dyes lies in their rarity. They are occasionally sold on the CM as direct purchase items, but at a premium price. People still stock up on them when they are available, though. Some stock them for personal use and some stock them for future sale on the GTN.

Making them reusable or in collections would have a negative impact on their value and consequently, CM revenue.

You already answered your own question.

The value of those dyes lies in their rarity. They are occasionally sold on the CM as direct purchase items, but at a premium price. People still stock up on them when they are available, though. Some stock them for personal use and some stock them for future sale on the GTN.

Making them reusable or in collections would have a negative impact on their value and consequently, CM revenue.

No, because they're never on the Cartel Market to buy other than on super rare occasions... You have the 0.0.1 percent chance to get one of the dyes in a certain new pack etc, but that's really not fair for a mere dye... Heck, I'm fine with them just having it up on the Cartel Market 24/7 for 20 bucks worth like last time.

Also, I'm pretty sure the peeps at SWTOR get enough out of everyone as it is(I know especially as a person who has bought like 20 packs in a week, just for an armor and not even getting a piece etc...), I think it'd be good if they gave a little back anyway.

Edited by ZaichiZ

No, because they're never on the Cartel Market to buy other than on super rare occasions... You have the 0.0.1 percent chance to get one of the dyes in a certain new pack etc, but that's really not fair for a mere dye... Heck, I'm fine with them just having it up on the Cartel Market 24/7 for 20 bucks worth like last time.

Also, I'm pretty sure the peeps at SWTOR get enough out of everyone as it is(I know especially as a person who has bought like 20 packs in a week, just for an armor and not even getting a piece etc...), I think it'd be good if they gave a little back anyway.

That is your opinion.

It would appear that BW has a different opinion. I'm sure that if BW thought they could increase their revenue by following your "suggestion" and catering to the "instant gratification, have to have it NOW and for as little cost or effort as possible" crowd, they would do so.

That is your opinion.

It would appear that BW has a different opinion. I'm sure that if BW thought they could increase their revenue by following your "suggestion" and catering to the "instant gratification, have to have it NOW and for as little cost or effort as possible" crowd, they would do so.

"instant gratification, have to have it NOW and for as little cost or effort as possible"... Yeah, no. I really don't think farming for like 6 days straight with no sleep, just to get something that can only be used once is equivalent to what you just said.

I can't really understand your point, because if the price/value was lower from it being collectable... More people would well, obviously buy it... Given the fact there's like only 8 black black dyes on my server's GTN that's top tier populated and had black black dye on the cartel market around a month ago, imma say that's a safe assumption. This is just my opinion.

Edit: I also just want to make it clear to you I hate this idea "Heck, I'm fine with them just having it up on the Cartel Market 24/7 for 20 bucks worth like last time. "(This is obviously not including +collections). That's why "Heck" was used to display my dislike for the idea 'Better than nothing'.

Edited by ZaichiZ