The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Eternal Championship: What Am I Doing Wrong!?

LADetective

As the title says, what the heck am I doing wrong in the Eternal Championship? I've watched multiple video guides on how, asked multiple people in-game, tried multiple techniques, and nothing works! People tell me that it's because of my companion, then when I tell them I already have a lvl 50 companion, they have all told me different answers on what combat style to set them to. I have tried healng (can't beat first round), damage (can't get passed first round), tank (can't get passed Nocturno). I have all at least 216 armor, some being 220, and a weapon that still has a 190 barrel (can't find anything better). And yet I can't beat them. I've been able to beat the whole championship with a friend multiple times, but there's no reward in doing it besides the Cybernetic Rancor, so he quit doing it, and now I have to do it by myself to get the Rancor, but can't beat it, even with multiple tries. WHAT AM I DOING WRONG

I had no end of trouble with the last five bosses in EC, so much so that I stopped playing it for a while until it was required for DvL. I could breeze through the first five really quickly but the 6th fight knocked me out whenever I tried to do it. I read the guides and did my best to follow them but still couldn't do it.

In the end it was repetition that got me over the line. I just kept trying, kept my eyes open to what was going on and eventually I learnt what worked for me that wasn't in the guide. I've only done it once but I'll definitely be going back once I've run through some other things.

I think part of the point of EC is that it's a challenge. After the breeze that was the chapters of KotFE, it was actually rewarding to complete it. I like stuff that adds to the story and the lore of SWTOR, but I also like stuff that's a challenge, and this provided that.

• 4 weeks later...
As the title says, what the heck am I doing wrong in the Eternal Championship? I've watched multiple video guides on how, asked multiple people in-game, tried multiple techniques, and nothing works! People tell me that it's because of my companion, then when I tell them I already have a lvl 50 companion, they have all told me different answers on what combat style to set them to. I have tried healng (can't beat first round), damage (can't get passed first round), tank (can't get passed Nocturno). I have all at least 216 armor, some being 220, and a weapon that still has a 190 barrel (can't find anything better). And yet I can't beat them. I've been able to beat the whole championship with a friend multiple times, but there's no reward in doing it besides the Cybernetic Rancor, so he quit doing it, and now I have to do it by myself to get the Rancor, but can't beat it, even with multiple tries. WHAT AM I DOING WRONG

You just have to be prepared for a fifteen minute fight each time and it's a series of fights designed by a real ***hole. You can fight well and know what you're doing but one mistake will insta-kill you. If you think you can wing it or are not familiar with the individual fights most will dominate you.

Like all lamely designed fights by devs who ****** at making gamers smash their rig, you have to know how to beat it, be practiced at beating it, and then you have to fight it pretty much flawlessly to win.

It just sucks ****. That's all there is to it.