The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Do you think that a lot of players are treating SWTOR like a single player RPG?

Chiricahua

I'm certainly not playing it like a single player RPG. I'm not really into PVP, but for the most part the game has forced me to group up with other players for the heroics and the one flashpoint I've played.

I'm currently lvl 17 and haven't felt "alone" what-so-ever. Actually, I just went to turn in a beginner quest on Korriban and the place was flooded compared to what it was when I started playing last Wednesday.

I've heard PVP truly sucks, but again, I can't comment on that since that is not my main intention in any MMO.

Sadly i've had to treat the game this way. The lack of advanced graphics settings means I have to endure a very low fps most of the time. It's tolerable during the solo missions, but becomes horrible during flashpoints and other group content. So out of wanting to have as smooth a framerate as I can, I have to deliberatly avoid team content, which sucks. The lack of a render distance slider is a major Frak up in my opinion.

As for PvP, it's unbalanced. I know low lvl characters get a buff to increase their stats, but a 13 Guardian trying to fight a 46 Juggernaut is only gonna end in a curbstomp battle with the Guardian dead. Until Bioware adds a way to only PvP with people near your lvl i'm making a point of avoiding the warzones.

Also the lack of instances makes the game very single player oriented, even if I could actually lower the graphics settings. My favorite part of City of Heroes is that the game is BUILT from the ground up for you to play with a full team of 8 people since everything is an instance almost. So far, the only times I group with other players is for the Heroic areas. There's just no incentive for it.

So yeah, overall, a very single player MMO experience.

Yeah the PVP instances are silly. I get the idea but they make most of your hard work useless. They need level based Warzones like Warhammer and Rift which makes people work for something. This entitlement Warzones are stupid Edited by Caldric