Saved or resurrected communities if there would be new operation with 5.0

Honestly i don't understand what they are thinking.. Last group content release was in SOR(!)

I have given them my sub for another 6 months in september, if the next expo is more single player content (And badly made one at that!) then this will be the last time i sub.. Most of my friends barely log anymore, maybe for some RP or the DvL stuff but 90% of the time when i log it's me alone. I don't need to be a sub if all i wanna do is RP our plots.

Please someone in this dev team listen already, we are not playing an MMO for single player stuff!

I'd like to see another thread, too :

Saved or resurrected communities if there would be Veteran Raiders teaching new Raiders.

Your unreasoning prejudice will probably prevent you from responding to this (I've seen you post this sort of thing several times, but I haven't seen you respond to anyone that answers you), but here goes nothing ...

1. As long as there are veteran raiders, they will be teaching new raiders.

The fact that you think this doesn't happen is truly a mystery to me. It happened at launch, it happened after 2.0 was released, it happened after 3.0 was released, it's happening today.

Communities that thrive on large group content spend a considerable amount of time "teaching new raiders"

You keep accusing us of NOT doing this, and frankly it's getting a little freaking tiring to hear.

2. The activity of teaching new raiders is, in and of itself, not a substitute for new content.

During the lull after DF/DP, after the core groups had gotten the operations on farm, my guild spent a SIGNIFICANT amount of time getting every last friend / acquaintance / friend of a friend through DF and DP. Anyone that had the slightest bit of interest in seeing the end of the Oricon storyline. We'd happily carry them through and show them how to do it. Eventually this expanded into pug territory.

But this didn't last forever.

It's been basically 2 years since new large-group content was added to the game. Communities that enjoy this sort of thing have had a hard time sticking around.

Edited by Khevar

<Force Majeure> jedi Covenant. A major conquest guild that fielded 4 raid teams as well as Sat and Sun night open sign up 8 an 16 man raids.

4.0 has decimated the guild so that only 1 raid team remains and it will not survive until 5.0. Online presence is down by 75% in the guild and nearly all of the core players have given up hope and left.

As of October 7th my subscription is cancelled and I am pushing hard for every player I know to follow suit and tell Bioware that it's time to earn our money again. I won't be back until new raids hit the PTS, I won't be fooled by these "we cant give details" announcements again. 5 years I've been a loyal customer but I won't be strung along anymore.

Good luck with those queue times story lovers

Don't respond to alrik. He gets his kicks from trolling raiders (one could argue that not adding operation content is adding content for alrik). But if people stop feeding him, he'll eventually get bored and go away.

It's the nature of the troll that he doesn't, alas. He's actually a pretty mean guy imo, diguised as someone who fights for equal rights. We have that in German domestic politics, too, atm. And it's making us look pretty ugly.

Don't respond to alrik. He gets his kicks from trolling raiders (one could argue that not adding operation content is adding content for alrik). But if people stop feeding him, he'll eventually get bored and go away.

He does it for pvp'ers too, at least he spreads his special brand of troll

<Force Majeure> jedi Covenant. A major conquest guild that fielded 4 raid teams as well as Sat and Sun night open sign up 8 an 16 man raids.

4.0 has decimated the guild so that only 1 raid team remains and it will not survive until 5.0. Online presence is down by 75% in the guild and nearly all of the core players have given up hope and left.

As of October 7th my subscription is cancelled and I am pushing hard for every player I know to follow suit and tell Bioware that it's time to earn our money again. I won't be back until new raids hit the PTS, I won't be fooled by these "we cant give details" announcements again. 5 years I've been a loyal customer but I won't be strung along anymore.

Good luck with those queue times story lovers

Done it. Right now our main tank said he won't resub because of the NYCC cantina announcement of announcement which is NOT official IIRC(***, BW?! Really?).

<Drunk Synergy> Harb

We had 4 raid teams going into 4.0 that ran several times a week. Now, we have to pug 3 people to keep the last raid team going and the last of us are on the fence about un-subbing. Our guild is dead because of the lack of new raids and none of the veterans are coming back with the confirmed lack of new Ops in 5.0.

It really is a shame in what has happen to this game. :confused:

Dont know what is worse, regurgitating the same Ops over and over again or waiting for Star Citizen to be finished....

waiting for Star Citizen to be finished....

That's what I'm hearing from a lot of players these days - retired ones who had been waiting for a reason to come back that the 5.0 announcement failed to give them or current players who had been close to unsubbing because they had hoped for new operations in 5.0.

Not even mentioning the majority of my guild that has moved to other MMOs already. Most frustrating case being that one guy whom I remember saying 2 years ago how SWTOR was so much more entertaining and immersive to play than that other big MMO that must not be named. Guess where he's at now.

Edited by Ardarell_Solo