What's the deal with KOTH (chapter 16) spoilers inside

kirorx

I just finished KOTFE for the 4th time and each time koth stolen the gravestone.

I had light and dark characters before so this is confusing

I let senya go, and koth got mad about it but never stole the gravestone or anything.

I am wondering what the triggers are for this.

I just finished KOTFE for the 4th time and each time koth stolen the gravestone.

I had light and dark characters before so this is confusing

I let senya go, and koth got mad about it but never stole the gravestone or anything.

I am wondering what the triggers are for this.

Koth only steals the Gravestone if he leaves in chapter 10. He leaves if you make dark side decisions that result in his people dying, mostly. The two big ones are in chapter three (letting the thing blow up) and chapter ten (letting Kaliyo blow up civilians) but he also doesn't like if you don't help the refugees in the swamp and if you take Senya to see the Heralds of Zildrog leader instead of him.

Regardless of what you do, he stops SCORPIO from doing something to the Gravestone in chapter sixteen (trying to take it herself, maybe?). He walks away in disgust if you let Senya go in chapter sixteen but Lana's line after suggests that he isn't leaving, just sulking.

If you're making entirely light side decisions and he still left, you've encountered a bug and should probably report it.