unable to retrieve server list

Ryuk-the-Dragon

so since i installed the game on my computer in april this year every time i try to log in i get a black screen with the server list completely empty then a message saying "unable to retrieve server list", this is NOT AN ISP ISSUE because i have a different provider now then when i had first re-installed the game, i have done every trouble shooting step that i could find online and have called in multiple times to the support line and they always try to say it is my ISP when i know for a fact it is not, since my girlfriend has no issue with the game and i can play any of my other games with no issues, this is in fact an issue that has been around since 2012 and i want to know why nothing has been done about this issue

I am getting a similar issue, but it occurs while I am playing.

I get kicked to the server list with no servers available. I am immediately able to log back in with no problems...but it's quite an annoyance. I had never happened to me before and I started playing in early access.

I am quite certain it is not my connection, and it just happened to me again while I had a running ping going to launchpad.swtor.com. I have 0% packet loss to that address even when I get the error.

So far it has happened about 9 times in 3 hours of play, all today.

meh

• 4 months later...

Okay this fix worked for me after I spent an hour or so trying to find the issue online.

So this is for those searching after New Year for a potential fix.

Im using Bull guard antivirus

To resolve the no server list issue. I went into the exceptions/ rules for my anti viruses firewall. There I found the SWTOR launcher exception and changed the exception rule TCP/UDP to just TCP.

What this did was to make my antivirus give me another popup to ask if I wanted to allow the launcher to be given access past the firewall.

As soon as I selected Yes always I was able to log onto my character and get into the game.

So basically delete and re-add your firewall exception and see if that works.