Make GTN sales last 30 days

BenduKundalini

And it's something you have to learn yourself. Yes, there are guides and tutorials but to really make the millions, you have to give it some thought and study.

edit: Another thought is how the GTN helps folks. I still list my green drops even though we've had folks complain about how they're no longer making any money doing so. Folks are still buying the stuff. (There's about a 20-25% sell rate) If you give it some thought, the folks buying the items are either 1) short on cash, 2) can't craft for whatever reason and/or 3) clueless about how gear works or how to get better gear. I'd like to think that I'm being helpful to those players.

Yeah I do that too. Part of my sales is to get rich, and part is to help players.

Honestly if you call the GTN a minigame then I guess you are a masochist or you don't know better.

This feature has, if not the worst, one of the least fun and least convenient gameplay SWTOR wide.

At best I'd categorize it as a convenience. Giving it more credit would be a shame versus others MMOs, especially AAA ones. I don't blame the devs though they did their best with what was allocated to them.

They ought to increase the sale time to at least 7 days, hopefully closer to 14 days.

One problem is that if they have long durations such as this, they also need to get rid of the penalty for canceling a sale early so that we can re-list any sale before the 14 days is up without constant penalties.

Giving it more credit would be a shame versus others MMOs, especially AAA ones.

Hate to say it but playing the player auction is a minigame in most if not all MMOs.

When I played WoW, I had characters across 7 servers. They traded money, moved stuff around between servers, made millions in gold every week.

edit: Been suggested previously - http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=638732

Edited by dr_mike

• 9 months later...
They ought to increase the sale time to at least 7 days, hopefully closer to 14 days.

One problem is that if they have long durations such as this, they also need to get rid of the penalty for canceling a sale early so that we can re-list any sale before the 14 days is up without constant penalties.

While I agree that I would like 7 days, I disagree with any removal of a cancellation fee... You want to list for the long term then you deal with the consequences of such a listing.

I just figure that some people might play one day a week, period, or only on weekends. It would be nice for those folks if their sales would stay up for the duration of their off-time (or until sold, of course, if less than the 6-7 days they listed for).

If you are going to be on and checking the GTN for price changes then you can just list for a shorter time period and re-list the items when they come off the GTN.

But hey, one extra day is an extra day, so it's an improvement anyway.

Like others have said, an entire month is far too long, and just imagine how badly the under-cutting would become. 7-days is reasonable, but personally, and like Thoronmir I've started to use the GTN casually by selling grade 10 mats listing them for just a day. They've sold by the next time I log in, and I've made millions.

Only reason they want 30 days is to use the GTN as a temporary story probably. There is no reason for them to be up there for 30 days.

Most players will out price you on an item just in one day, 3 days already is crazy. If your item doesn't sell in the first day, more then likely it won't unless it's the only one of that item because you'll have been out priced by then.