Making credits and using cartel coins?

BlitzJG

I have accumulated about 13k in cartel coins. In the past, I heard buying cartel packs/items and selling them on the GTN was a great way to earn credits, is this still true and if so what is the best way?

Otherwise what are my other options?

I have accumulated about 13k in cartel coins. In the past, I heard buying cartel packs/items and selling them on the GTN was a great way to earn credits, is this still true and if so what is the best way?

Otherwise what are my other options?

You can buy 2 hypercrates, wait out 36 hours until they are unbound and sell them as hypercrates for several dozen millions each. Prices vary from server to server, check out the GTN first to see what prices are at the moment. Be aware that some pople will try to sell a stim for 100 M, just because it's there at a crazy price doesn't mean anyone will buy. But hypercrates usually sell for 20-60 millions apiece!

Or you can open contents and sell the packs individually. Note that they have a separate 36 hour timer, as well as their contents.

Or you can open them and hope to get lucky and find some pricey gear inside to sell.

You can also spend your CCs to unlock stuff - collections, cooldowns, srtrongholds, etc.

Edited by BenduKundalini

You can buy 2 hypercrates, wait out 36 hours until they are unbound and sell them as hypercrates for several dozen millions each. Prices vary from server to server, check out the GTN first to see what prices are at the moment. Be aware that some pople will try to sell a stim for 100 M, just because it's there at a crazy price doesn't mean anyone will buy. But hypercrates usually sell for 20-60 millions apiece!

Or you can open contents and sell the packs individually. Note that they have a separate 36 hour timer, as well as their contents.

Or you can open them and hope to get lucky and find some pricey gear inside to sell.

You can also spend your CCs to unlock stuff - collections, cooldowns, srtrongholds, etc.

In terms of their content its almost entirely cosmetics besides maybe some account based perks?

Whatever you do with your CC I'd suggest keeping some for when you'd want to edit your character(s) body.

People tend to forget you must pay with CC for that.

Then for crates the drop rate isn't what it's supposed to be, so you'd better buying and selling unopened crates.

If you are patient enough, buy crates store them away and sell them much later on the GTN.

For example right now I'm selling architect crates at 5-7M each. I bought them for 700k each.

Note: the best way is certainly to buy crates when they are 40% off on the CM.

Another good source of income is also to buy CM item, unlocks, whatever when they are 40-50% off, store them away and sell them in 3-6 months.

Also GNT is your friend, watch the prices for a couple of weeks on the GTN for specific items and buy them when you find a very low price. Then sell it with profit.

All great advice. I am pretty happy with my chars appearances besides the one I just made

Sometimes certain body types and faces just look awful in fitting with the voice actors.

I do want to have a nice supply of credits to get me through upgrades and stuff for the moment. I mean I only have 1 new char but its still nice to have a mil or so to throw around per char.

Another thing, you might want to use credits for account wide unlocks especially for the lasts slots of say cargo hold, legacy storage and such.

It means nothing for a single of 2 characters but when you end with like 10+ alts you're going to appreciate that you paid up front all storage unlocks, instead of buying them for each char and as such spending millions of credits doing so.

Another thing, you might want to use credits for account wide unlocks especially for the lasts slots of say cargo hold, legacy storage and such.

It means nothing for a single of 2 characters but when you end with like 10+ alts you're going to appreciate that you paid up front all storage unlocks, instead of buying them for each char and as such spending millions of credits doing so.

Unfortunately on that note, I have the max amount of characters and besides maybe 1 or two their normal bag inventory has been individually paid for and probably at least one cargo storage.

Is it prorated at this point? Now I just assumed it was a waste of cartel coins to spend for account wide since I cant make any more characters for the most part.

From my experience, I've found it's always best to go with an account unlock when it's possible simply because while for now you don't see your situation as changing, it could in the future. You might end up deciding to delete a few characters because they decided to introduce new classes or they might increase the amount of characters you can have or something else I can't think of off the top of my head. Going with an account unlock guarantees that no matter what happens, any new characters are prepared.

...Or you can open contents and sell the packs individually. Note that they have a separate 36 hour timer, as well as their contents.

Or you can open them and hope to get lucky and find some pricey gear inside to sell...

Personally, I'd recommend you DON'T open the crates. The rgn gods are cruel. You're likely to open all the packs & only get a couple of items worth big $$$.

Just sell the unopened crates.

Personally, I'd recommend you DON'T open the crates. The rgn gods are cruel. You're likely to open all the packs & only get a couple of items worth big $$$.

Just sell the unopened crates.

The struggle is the opening of packs is so exciting even if the odds are not in my favor. Reminiscent of my Yugioh pack purchasing days as well as current days in Hearthstone packs.

Certainly its a poor choice though.

Maybe Ill open one sell the other.

The struggle is the opening of packs is so exciting even if the odds are not in my favor. Reminiscent of my Yugioh pack purchasing days as well as current days in Hearthstone packs.

Certainly its a poor choice though.

Maybe Ill open one sell the other.

Well, if you value the excitement of opening more than the credit gain of selling off packs, I'd say just open them. There's no shame in it if that's something you enjoy.

If, however, you're confident that the excitement won't be worth any overall loss in potential credits, then it's probably better to sell them.

Really comes down to what you want out of the experience.

One thing I always get "burnt" on is this.

I forget that what I save in my collection is character locked, and you have to pay a little ( varies from item to item) to unlock it to another character, but this also then opens the said item account bound, allowing you to wear your sets from level 1 basically.

I spent 150 today opening two weapons for a new character I started

• 2 weeks later...