Jaesa Willsaam - wish they had spent more time with her

dupmeister

***This thread contains spoilers if you have not played the Sith Warrior yet***

I am playing my first Sith Warrior with this playthrough and I just acquired Jaesa. I have to say I am conflicted on how they handled this. I love the concept they had, of going through this epic quest to find a young Jedi and then ultimately corrupting her. However I feel the execution felt very rushed, you go through all this trouble to find a young and relatively innocent Jedi and her corruption is almost instantaneous, her flip to the dark side and how quickly she just accepts things feels like no effort was put into it. Considering how many planets I had to travel to and how many people I had to mow down to get to her, I would have liked if her slide to the dark side was more gradual, happening a little more each time you talked to her. The background story they gave her is a good one, the fact that she harbours angry at all the corruption around her would be fitting of a fall but when you see it happen on screen, She doesn't really fall as ....sit.

All in all it left me really wanting more after I went through all that trouble to find her.

This is largely why I don't like the character. In one scene she's kind of confused and doesn't know what's going on, and decides to take a chance on you because she's lost faith in the Jedi dogma and light side extremism. In the next scene, like, the very next scene, she has dark eyeliner and black lipstick and is all "Master Baras, I live to serve you, call me Darklord Raven Eversorrowsong *hair flip* and unleash me upon your enemies, I will tear their spleens out with my bare hands and other darky mcdark stuff."

I was expecting a gradual decline, or at least a decline spanning more than like 2 conversations. It made it all very anticlimactic and I just completely lost interest in her. I didn't even talk to her on my 2nd warrior, and never finished her story arc on my first. Fingernails on a chalkboard. I could have handled the sudden "girl gone wild" prudish teen exposed to the big wide world and ideas she never even knew about, but...

it doesn't' get any better, you don't get to temper her or direct her or guide her, she's just suddenly a loose cannon, a liability, you're sleeping with one eye open now with that...thing... on your ship wanting to murder everybody's face and suddenly reveling in chaos, death, blood, guts, and destruction. They didn't even manage to convince me that I had inadvertently exposed her dark, naughty, little secret that she's actually totally a sadist and been secretly repressing it for years. Nope, she just goes from light side to Dark V in a few minutes.

As much as I love the Warrior story and companions, Jaesa's dark side fall is flat out badly written.

Yes her Flip to the dark side was pretty ridiculous. Bioware put so much effort into this game, for the most part the writing and acting are excellent but Both Jaesa's voice acting and writing feel flat.

Her instantaneous acceptance of the dark side seemed really sloppy. Considering that other characters show gradual change, Veete for example: I chose to take the 100% dark route and keep the collar on and giving her no leanance. eventually she shifts from being the snappy and glib character we meet in the begining, to a character resigned to her life as a slave, even referring to the warrior as her master.

They should have had the writer fro Veete go the extra mile and script out Jaesa too.

Well, her character isn't exactly mature at its core. She's very dependent on others when she finds you and due to her special ability, she is arguably very vulnerable to getting sucked into whatever aura she reads in someone else, especially if that aura is intoxicating in its strength.

So when you show her master to be the hypocrite that he is, you're showing her that she was more or less following a dark lord already. So in her mind, the transition isn't necessarily that abrupt. And when she talks about being dark and doing dark things, to me it's sort of like a teenager or YA who has been pious all her life due to strict upbringing and suddenly she finds herself immersed in all this raw passion and power, and she can do whatever she wants, no matter how ridiculous or extreme, and it's just intoxicating what she can get away with.

That's why I've said in the past that she amuses me in how over-the-top she is. I don't think she's poorly written. I think she's just very over-the-top because she has this crazy, volatile freedom and power that she's never had before, and in the past, everyone has just used her and tried to make her fit into a box of their design.

So what might look abrupt to you looks to me like something more gradual... I don't ever buy that she's committed to the dark side in the way that someone like, for instance, Darth Baras is. She's just trying it hardcore and if you're a hardcore darksider, then having you as a role model is obviously going to validate whatever crazy **** she's trying.

Plus, just in general, I think her ability makes her prone to extremes that other force-sensitives are not prone to. I will be sad if she just comes back as a preset alignment, with no relation to what kind of influence you had on her, but at the same time, I can definitely see some room for character growth. Like the LS version of her would probably be a lot closer to Jaric Kaedan after however many years (not attached to the Jedi Code at the hip, willing to take action) and the DS version would probably be closer to Baras or Lachris (more scheming and pragmatism, less base cruelty).

Edited by Rolodome

This is why I actually prefer Ashara over Jaesa (controversial, I know)

In spite of the extreme whine we see in the first few convos, she actually develops her own philosophy over time, slowly accepting many of the more pragmatic Sith ways without rejecting who she was/is.

Her turn isn't poorly written. The duel with the Warrior was the culmination of all her frustration and anger being unleashed in a single moment. And the defeat of Noman Karr makes her think that all the things she used to believe in were a lie. And so she can't find stability in her old beliefs. And since she's lost, angry & vulnerable and looking for something to believe in, so she latches onto the Warrior's ways.

I know what it's like to feel like one's emotions or feelings have been repressed for years until you just snap and let it out. It can change your life. And managing that sort of thing is different for Jedi and Sith because the Force magnifies the whole experience. The power of the Dark Side is supposed to be hard to resist because it's intoxicating and it feeds the cycle of using it more and more.

Add in the fact that either version of Jaesa seems to have a tendency to gravitate towards extremes anyway, and it makes perfect sense to me that she would feel something new that she likes and just leap in with both feet and embrace the dark side because she wants to do the opposite of what she now perceives held her back. Even as a Jedi she was young and impulsive, so as a Sith of course she would go all out.

Plus, Jaesa's story is not just about her falling to the darkside. Her conversations are about her finding herself and her place in the Sith Empire after falling and becoming a Sith.

Also, as much as I like her, saying Vette goes through a better gradual change sounds really overly generous. If you don't take off the collar, Vette's content basically just stops altogether. She has no further companion conversations and as far as I know, even the shock collar doesn't really come up anymore after the end of Chapter 1, aside from one quick bit on Voss. There's really not a whole lot that's different in her dialogue.

Edited by OldVengeance

Also, as much as I like her, saying Vette goes through a better gradual change sounds really overly generous. If you don't take off the collar, Vette's content basically just stops altogether. She has no further companion conversations and as far as I know, even the shock collar doesn't really come up anymore after the end of Chapter 1, aside from one quick bit on Voss. There's really not a whole lot that's different in her dialogue.

Yeah, I was disappointed when I realized this:

Back in the day, for some reason I'd gotten the impression that she eventually builds up an immunity to the shock collar, but that it comes at the end.

That, at least, I could have kind of understood from a gameplay standpoint. The culmination of it all leading to her saying, "Nope! You couldn't break me."

Instead, I think it's after Nar Shadaa you can already get the convo where she just shuts down and doesn't progress until you remove the collar.

I get the arguments I've read about it... that having you actually break her would have been too dark for the rating of the game, or that having to cut stuff meant not enough time to write an alternative storyline. But the simple matter is, it's disappointing.

If you play the way the game wants you to and you remove her shock collar early, or after a few pleas, she opens up and it progresses in a meaningful way. If you don't, you get to see the man behind the curtain, so to speak. That jarring moment when you realize that you're in a groundhog day quest until you let her out.

They could have at least had her "shutting you out" convo vary as you progress in the story, but they probably ran out of time and resources.

Her turn isn't poorly written. The duel with the Warrior was the culmination of all her frustration and anger being unleashed in a single moment. And the defeat of Noman Karr makes her think that all the things she used to believe in were a lie. And so she can't find stability in her old beliefs. And since she's lost, angry & vulnerable and looking for something to believe in, so she latches onto the Warrior's ways.

I know what it's like to feel like one's emotions or feelings have been repressed for years until you just snap and let it out. It can change your life. And managing that sort of thing is different for Jedi and Sith because the Force magnifies the whole experience. The power of the Dark Side is supposed to be hard to resist because it's intoxicating and it feeds the cycle of using it more and more.

Add in the fact that either version of Jaesa seems to have a tendency to gravitate towards extremes anyway, and it makes perfect sense to me that she would feel something new that she likes and just leap in with both feet and embrace the dark side because she wants to do the opposite of what she now perceives held her back. Even as a Jedi she was young and impulsive, so as a Sith of course she would go all out.

Plus, Jaesa's story is not just about her falling to the darkside. Her conversations are about her finding herself and her place in the Sith Empire after falling and becoming a Sith.

I agree with you. Also I might add that her sudden flip is not so ridiculous as many think, since she was probably that way from the get go. She was raised in The Jedi Order and she's been very repressed, but naturally she is going to emulate her superiors and display full cooperation. She never had the courage to speak up to her master regarding the Jedi way until she see's him on the floor beaten and broken. Also Master Noman Karr obviously has some deep issues. He is pretty much a dark Jedi in disguise and he is Jaesa's master. Jaesa has been influenced by Karr on a subconscious level after many years training under him. She is pretty much that girl at church who come's across as a Mary Sunshine goody two shoe, but then you spot her at a party and she is just a completely different person. She is drinking, swearing, and being a total mean ***** and a whore. That is who she is really, but at church and around her parents and peers she is forced to put up a front. When the warrior gave her a chance at a Sith apprenticeship Jaesa just drops the holier than now act and becomes her real self.

Edited by DARTHOSIRUS

I agree with all of the arguments on what leads up to her turning dark. I just dont feel that her shift should have been insitanious. She litteraly gives up on a lifetime of beliefs within the span on one or two sentences and then never shows any hesitation. you could say this was all in her to begin with and she was just letting it out and I could agree with that but should should have been a more gradual flow to it. I dont even have a problem with the fact that she killed her maser right away but I think there should have been more built up to it.

I think the same goals could have been reached story wise with just a few changes:

They should have had an extended dialog between her and Karr where she vents all her frustration at him, and anger at being ignored and repressed, all of this building to the point where in a rage she screams and lashes out at him. After which she should have been horrified and in shock, easy for you to manipulate and bring back to the ship. She would be lost and trying to come to grips with what she did, your character of course would exonerate her of any guilt and confirm that she did the right thing. Emotionally this would have been prime ground for her to build the personality we see in the dark side character.

Like I said, I liked the concept of the character, I just feel the execution was poorly done.

As to Vette, I am beginning to see what you are talking about as I just finished chapter 1 with my warrior. I do seem to be stuck in a loop with her and it would have been nice if they recorded different ways of her asking to have to coller removed. Having her repeater the same exact line of dialog over and over seemed lazy on the developer's part.

As to showing her break being too dark, I disagree. I feel the game already goes in some very dark places with the Sith Story lines. If you go full darkside with your Inquisitor and warrior they do some damn distasteful things, things that I have shuddered about at times and wondered if I wanted to stick to a straight darkside character. The warrior routinely makes promises to NPCs then casually kills them when she gets what she wants. She shows pleasure and excitement at the prospect of ruining other peoples’ lives. All of these things are pretty mature themes so showing Veete give up and become submissive would not have been any different.

I thought they were going in this route throughout chapter one which is why I applauded the writing on her character. Having reached the end of chapter one, I can see that her development seems to have come to a stop. Its a shame, If she just stays stuck in a loop for the rest of the game I will be very disappointed.

I agree with all of the arguments on what leads up to her turning dark. I just dont feel that her shift should have been insitanious. She litteraly gives up on a lifetime of beliefs within the span on one or two sentences and then never shows any hesitation. you could say this was all in her to begin with and she was just letting it out and I could agree with that but should should have been a more gradual flow to it. I dont even have a problem with the fact that she killed her maser right away but I think there should have been more built up to it.

I think the same goals could have been reached story wise with just a few changes:

They should have had an extended dialog between her and Karr where she vents all her frustration at him, and anger at being ignored and repressed, all of this building to the point where in a rage she screams and lashes out at him. After which she should have been horrified and in shock, easy for you to manipulate and bring back to the ship. She would be lost and trying to come to grips with what she did, your character of course would exonerate her of any guilt and confirm that she did the right thing. Emotionally this would have been prime ground for her to build the personality we see in the dark side character.

Like I said, I liked the concept of the character, I just feel the execution was poorly done.

This right here. I feel like rushing her fall to the dark side as badly as they did ultimately did a disservice to the character. I like the idea of the character, with and underlying darkness to her and a personality and desires she represses, I like the idea of a character tasting the dark side and giving in, I like the "repressed, sheltered girl gone wild" idea. I dislike how even 60 seconds of additional dialogue could have tied it all together better, and how altering the final confrontation could have brought more sense to it without players resorting to headcanon to fill in the blanks.

I'm aware that this is just me, and that a lot of people love Jaesa, but personally it soured the rest of her character arc for me.

In one breath she goes from a Jedi padawan to a bloodthirsty, psychotic murderer who hunts and kills Sith lords who aren't dark and broody enough for her and relishes every moment of it.

As to Vette, I am beginning to see what you are talking about as I just finished chapter 1 with my warrior. I do seem to be stuck in a loop with her and it would have been nice if they recorded different ways of her asking to have to coller removed. Having her repeater the same exact line of dialog over and over seemed lazy on the developer's part.

Spoiler tags just to err on the side of caution:

Vette's intended story arc involves removing the collar. You don't have to romance her, you don't have to be all sisterly, but her intended story arc involves her coming to consider the warrior a friend (or more). The shock collar dialogue is mostly for laughs and some dark side points.

It would be like if Qyzen's dialogue had a brief branch that dead ended, but had little to nothing to do with the Scorekeeper or big game hunting. It would be like Mako having a dead end dialogue branch that had nothing to do with Coral.

Vette's shock collar dialogue if you continue to refuse to remove it is more of a bonus. Not a lot of companion characters have an entire alternate act 1 conversation path. The writer intended for the warrior to eventually remove it, and added the option to resist doing so because reasons for a while. When you finally do remove it there are dialogue options that shouldn't be particularly character breaking.

Vette's shock collar dialogue if you continue to refuse to remove it is more of a bonus. Not a lot of companion characters have an entire alternate act 1 conversation path. The writer intended for the warrior to eventually remove it, and added the option to resist doing so because reasons for a while. When you finally do remove it there are dialogue options that shouldn't be particularly character breaking.

Yeah I wish they had written in a way to work the story with the collar or at least something along those lines. Character wise I feel like I am in a bit of a box. My character doesn't see Veete as a person and even said at much on one occasion. so I have a hard time rationalising why she would remove the collar.

I mean if she bowed and scraped a bit and called me lord more it might help a bit, my character likes when people call her lord. :D Whiny as he is, Quinn gets major brownie points in that department, he could crash the ship and get away with it if he threw in enough lords when he groveled. :D :D

Edited by dupmeister

I still kinda like it better the way it is. That way we see Jaesa make the choice to follow your commands and/or kill her master. Plus it's not like there's no hesitation at all there.

Maybe one early conversation about doubt would have been nice, but the fact that she embraced the dark side with such devotion is one of the things I liked about her. It made my character feel like he had really accomplished something special.

Edited by OldVengeance

I still kinda like it better the way it is. That way we see Jaesa make the choice to follow your commands and/or kill her master. Plus it's not like there's no hesitation at all there.

Maybe one early conversation about doubt would have been nice, but the fact that she embraced the dark side with such devotion is one of the things I liked about her. It made feel like he had really accomplished something special.

I agree about how much she embrasures it, others have equated her to a having a teenager's zeal at letting go and I can see that as well, one of her default battle cries is " this is so much fun!" and it fits, it speaks of someone who is drunk on the dark side. Its such a powerful transition and its the direct effect of everything you worked for in chapter one, it would have been nice for some scenes, even one that framed it more, giving us a chance to savour the moment.

I feel like Jaesa was already on the verge. We don't see much about her before the scene where we get to score whether she's Light or Dark. If you go Dark, I assume she was already in turmoil and seeing you humiliate and show the darkness in her master is just the turning point that pushes her over the edge. Her Master was barely holding back his own Darkside, maybe she saw it and had already been influenced.

I feel like Jaesa was already on the verge. We don't see much about her before the scene where we get to score whether she's Light or Dark. If you go Dark, I assume she was already in turmoil and seeing you humiliate and show the darkness in her master is just the turning point that pushes her over the edge. Her Master was barely holding back his own Darkside, maybe she saw it and had already been influenced.

And I actually have no problem with that. It makes sense that she would have had a fragile hold on the light side, maybe it would have been nice during her search for her to hear some clues about that, as you investigate her past to learn about her, you can find evidence that the Jedi were concerned about her, they were suspicious, which is why Karr needed rock solid evidence before coming out in the open with her. So yea, her being vulnerable is not an issue. I just feel that it would have been nice to see her actually crack, see some anguish as she let go. If you were really repressing some hard feelings, especially grief over loosing your former teacher and parents, when The warrior breaks her, you should have seen some fireworks as she melted down, then built her back up. Sadly all this was missing. She goes from Jedi, to the darkest sociopath you have ever met.....just by deciding to do so.

I guess it bothers me because It could have been so much more and I would have loved to see a story like that, I think it would have been fascinating to see how she dealt with her former life crumbling and how she decided to rebuild. Watching her try to justify her new actions by the Jedi code and finding that it doesn't work and slowly coming to realise that the Sith have the right idea. It just needed to happen a little slower.

Beautifully put.

Also, to anyone who thinks her fall was too sudden, it's nothing compared to (KOTOR spoilers follow)...

Malek turning Bastila evil by basically shooting lighting at her. Because, you know, that's how torture works.

Spoiler tags just to err on the side of caution:

Vette's intended story arc involves removing the collar. You don't have to romance her, you don't have to be all sisterly, but her intended story arc involves her coming to consider the warrior a friend (or more). The shock collar dialogue is mostly for laughs and some dark side points.

It would be like if Qyzen's dialogue had a brief branch that dead ended, but had little to nothing to do with the Scorekeeper or big game hunting. It would be like Mako having a dead end dialogue branch that had nothing to do with Coral.

Your reference to the writer's intentions... do you have a source for that? I'm curious because from what I've read (and I don't think this is spoiling anything because it isn't in the game), supposedly in beta, there was a thing where she would just be sobbing on the ship nonstop and would basically throw herself out an airlock at one point if you never let her out (this was when companion death was still a thing).

So that implies to me that there was intended to be something of an alternate path (albeit a very dark one that probably didn't do well with the game's rating, not to mention the issues in general with people not wanting to lose companions).

But I think the problem I'm having, and the problem some others are having from what I'm reading, is depending on how your character acts toward her, it can feel very character-breaking to let her out of the shock collar at all. And the idea that your character could just "break" and let her out for no apparent reason, even as she's mouthing off at you, is rough from an RP standpoint.

Not that it matters now, since they obviously aren't going to go back and change it. But the point being... if you want to go that path of keeping it on, it's sort of a dead-end, which is disappointing. Like I said before, Groundhog Day Gameplay more than anything is why it bothers me at all. I never want to notice the mechanical workings of a game in the middle of a story, unless it's part of some meta "intended breaking of the fourth wall" moment.

Giving up a lifetime of beliefs?

She is a Padawan, which means she really has not been a Jedi long. She's a novice. A gifted novice, but a novice all the same. she is also a young woman, and is more vulnerable to the lure of the dark side.

Edited by cool-dude

But I think the problem I'm having, and the problem some others are having from what I'm reading, is depending on how your character acts toward her, it can feel very character-breaking to let her out of the shock collar at all. And the idea that your character could just "break" and let her out for no apparent reason, even as she's mouthing off at you, is rough from an RP standpoint. .

Yeah I would agree with that. Even if they thought breaking her would be too dark, At least they could have shown acceptance on her part, the voice actress for her was excellent and I think she could have pulled off showing a facade of bowing and sc****** while still holding the fire of resistance inside her. That is the angle I take with my imperial agent, he doesn't like the sith, he thinks they are kind of crazy and hates it when they interfere with imperial intelligence, but when speaking to Jadus and the other sith, he never mouths off because he knows how the game is played. Would have been nice to see that with Vetee.

Your reference to the writer's intentions... do you have a source for that? I'm curious because from what I've read (and I don't think this is spoiling anything because it isn't in the game), supposedly in beta, there was a thing where she would just be sobbing on the ship nonstop and would basically throw herself out an airlock at one point if you never let her out (this was when companion death was still a thing).

So that implies to me that there was intended to be something of an alternate path (albeit a very dark one that probably didn't do well with the game's rating, not to mention the issues in general with people not wanting to lose companions).

That's kinda cool, I didn't know that. I knew killing off companions was a thing, I just didn't know if Vette had that option and if so what it was.

But I think the problem I'm having, and the problem some others are having from what I'm reading, is depending on how your character acts toward her, it can feel very character-breaking to let her out of the shock collar at all. And the idea that your character could just "break" and let her out for no apparent reason, even as she's mouthing off at you, is rough from an RP standpoint.

I feel you on this one. I felt like acquiring Gault was extremely character breaking for the bounty hunter, and skadge to a lesser extent.

I just feel like some in-game mail or a couple extra lines of dialogue with Quinn or Baras throughout act 1 would have made this more intuitive. It's been a while since I've done that portion of the story, but I don't remember the game really selling the idea that she'd toss her Jedi training out the window and throw her lot in with her parents' murderer just because the dark side looks cooler. She just went from jedi padawan straight to the blackest apprentice for the most brutal of sith warriors in the blink of an eye because shut up. It strains credulity, even for a force sensitive.

Edited by eldefail

A lot of good points are made in this thread! I love Jaesa. She's my favorite companion of all the ones we get across eight classes. I'm not overly concerned about how fast she fell to the dark side. If you really look at her character, it was a long time coming. She spent many years as a handmaiden for an Alderaanian house. Meant to serve, seen but not heard. She had little control over her own life, little chance to express herself. Then when the Jedi discovered her and she was put under Nomen Carr (I cant recall if he discovered her or if it was someone else. Forgive me.) Any chance to follow her own path and live a fuller life was dashed due to her latent skills. She became more of a tool for the covert war going on during the end of the Cold War rather than a person.

I personally feel the fight with Nomen Carr and the chance to take her own as an apprentice simply allows her to TRULY express herself for the first time. As such, her emotions go to the extreme. Often she is unfairly characterized as a "psycho bish" or what not, but just a peek into her backstory makes everything far more clear.

Personally, I can't wait for her to come back in the next expansion. Whoever she ran off with is going to die at my Warrior's hand.

So...has no one that's posted here played through with Jaesa as Light Side? I just finished my second LS warrior. Jaesa still struggles at first with the deception, but she finds confidence in herself, and that allows her mastery of her power to grow. She develops a separate philosophy from the Jedi, too, embracing the idea of one's potential not being held back, the possibility of having a family...maybe if I didn't have a freaking headache and was sort of falling asleep at this point I could come up with more examples. Some of you folks have elaborated on her story quite well and I wish I could do the same. Unfortunately since this warrior was a DvL toon, I rather sped through in terms of leveling and companion conversations, and I leveled my first warrior a couple years ago.

Light Side warrior brings in a double agent feel with Jaesa's story, working to bring change to the Empire from within. Sort of like the Revanites in a way--the ones before Shadow of Revan, that is, but perhaps more subversive. You're the Emperor's Wrath and you're working against the Dark Side, but still Sith. If you break down the Sith Code, there isn't anything that implies the Dark Side is necessary. Peace is a lie, there is passion. Strength. Power. Victory. Freedom. One doesn't have to feed off fear, anger and hate to follow this code. There can be compassion, mercy, and kindness. One's passion can be pure of heart and in that passion, find strength, and ultimately, victory. That is the story of Light Side Jaesa and Light Side Warrior.

I think I might've saved the trainwreck. Now, though? I'm going to go to sleep.

So...has no one that's posted here played through with Jaesa as Light Side? I just finished my second LS warrior. Jaesa still struggles at first with the deception, but she finds confidence in herself, and that allows her mastery of her power to grow. She develops a separate philosophy from the Jedi, too, embracing the idea of one's potential not being held back, the possibility of having a family...maybe if I didn't have a freaking headache and was sort of falling asleep at this point I could come up with more examples. Some of you folks have elaborated on her story quite well and I wish I could do the same. Unfortunately since this warrior was a DvL toon, I rather sped through in terms of leveling and companion conversations, and I leveled my first warrior a couple years ago.

Light Side warrior brings in a double agent feel with Jaesa's story, working to bring change to the Empire from within. Sort of like the Revanites in a way--the ones before Shadow of Revan, that is, but perhaps more subversive. You're the Emperor's Wrath and you're working against the Dark Side, but still Sith. If you break down the Sith Code, there isn't anything that implies the Dark Side is necessary. Peace is a lie, there is passion. Strength. Power. Victory. Freedom. One doesn't have to feed off fear, anger and hate to follow this code. There can be compassion, mercy, and kindness. One's passion can be pure of heart and in that passion, find strength, and ultimately, victory. That is the story of Light Side Jaesa and Light Side Warrior.

I think I might've saved the trainwreck. Now, though? I'm going to go to sleep.

I've only done a Light Side Jaesa as I've seen what the Dark Side one is like on youtube and..yeah...not going that route ever. But then to me being Sith doesn't mean having to be only stuck on the anger/fear/hate angle of emotions which apparently makes me a rarity among Sith players. With a Light Side Jaesa the Warrior teaches her how to enact change through taking direct action rather than remaining passive. While she doesn't like the having to keep up a facade, she understands the reasons why as to better achieve reform within the Empire.

I've only done a Light Side Jaesa as I've seen what the Dark Side one is like on youtube and..yeah...not going that route ever. But then to me being Sith doesn't mean having to be only stuck on the anger/fear/hate angle of emotions which apparently makes me a rarity among Sith players. With a Light Side Jaesa the Warrior teaches her how to enact change through taking direct action rather than remaining passive. While she doesn't like the having to keep up a facade, she understands the reasons why as to better achieve reform within the Empire.

There are PLENTY of players who don't pick dark side options simply for the sake of being evil or to express anger/ fear/ hate. Don't consider yourself a rarity friend. There are a lot of us who play more reasonable Sith warriors in our storylines. My warrior, for example, is only dark 1 and is exceedingly patient and considerate towards the Imperial Military. I personally felt light side Jaesa was rather boring. For me, there's something exciting about training an apprentice from scratch as opposed to simply building on the light side ideals she already has. I would say you are missing out. As far as direct action, how much of the dark side Jaesa have you seen? She takes a LOT of action both in terms of her relationship with the warrior as apprentice and possible lover, and uses her power to benefit the Empire on the side. More power to anyone who only go the lightside route with Jaesa. For me its a snoozefest.