Consular class mission bug.

SythidValkyrie

Consular Storyline Spoilers

Hola. I've already completed the consular story-line, and I have contacted customer service. The support given was appreciated, but basically saying they can't do anything. So I decided to complain about it here.

During the storyline, Chapter II any and all cutscenes with the Rift Alliance aboard your ship were bugged. Characters were clipping inside each other, there were duplicates of them, and it completely ruined the whole playing experience for me. It's not game-breaking of course, but it does ruin much of Chapter II and Chapter IIi. Hopefully this can be fixed somewhat soon.

• 2 months later...

I'm playing a Consular for the first time and experiencing this bug. I submitted an in-game bug report and thought I'd maybe hold off on progressing that character until it's fixed, but I searched on here and found a thread from 2012 of someone reporting the exact same bug. So, what is up with this never getting fixed? It's a major class mission cutscene (from what you're saying, does it happen in many of them?), and it's not at all subtle. When Nadia's talking, she doesn't even show up because her huge father is sitting on her. Does everyone who ever plays a Consular just put up with this, or does it only happen sometimes and is there something I can do to get it to stop?

Seriously, how have they never fixed this yet?!

Edited by MollyDresden

I went on youtube and found videos of the same convo I'm having problems with (the first Rift Alliance conference one), at least one with the problem and one without. So it seems that at least in some instances it works okay. Which still makes me wonder a) is there something I can do to make it work okay, and b) why would the devs let a bug this immersion-breaking in a major class story go on for *years* without a fix?

I have encountered the same bug. I thought it's something on my side (hardware glitch or game files corruption), but updating drivers and having the game verified 2 or 3 times didn't solve the issue. Seeing this post here gives me quite a relief as my computer works as is intended, but on the other hand I'd also like this and many other small immersion-breaking problems to be resolved. Edited by Korytov-Amateur