The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Star wars 7 disapointing

darhtlaci

It is a subjective observation, point of view doesn't matter here.

Apparently, point of view actually does matter.

You're right, it doesn't change anything. There's nothing to change. The movie is it's own film.

The movie is its own film? According to a recent post of yours, you have contrasting viewpoints.

TFA mimics about as much as every other Star Wars film does to each other.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The movie is its own film? According to a recent post of yours, you have contrasting viewpoints.

Yes it is. Conveniently, and not unlike the entirety of this "debate," you cut off the rest of my quote where I explain myself. I've gone through examples as to how TFA differs aplenty, given video proof (to counter yours, which you more than likely didn't watch) as to how every Star Wars films mirrors each other(and nearly everything regarding entertainment media in general) and how TFA does so as well, but not more so than any other of the films. There's really nothing left to be said. To quote you; if you're not getting it, then that's on you. I won't repeat myself any further.

Edited by Sage_of_Battle

Yes it is. Conveniently, and not unlike the entirety of this "debate," you cut off the rest of my quote where I explain myself. I've gone through examples as to how TFA differs aplenty, given video proof (to counter yours, which you more than likely didn't watch) as to how every Star Wars films mirrors each other(and nearly everything regarding entertainment media in general) and how TFA does so as well, but not more so than any other of the films. There's really nothing left to be said. To quote you; if you're not getting it, then that's on you. I won't repeat myself any further.

Nothing was omitted of relevance. I quoted what needed to be quoted, and that was you back peddling. In regards to the video you linked, it had been watched long before you posted it. That still doesn't change the overwhelming similarities between IV and VII. All other Star Wars movies pale in comparison to those two.

Regarding the parallels in Star Wars and anything prior to those particular movies, of course there are similarities. People have drawn inspiration and ideas from others for centuries, that's common knowledge, the fact you're bringing it up is rather comical.

Nothing was omitted of relevance. I quoted what needed to be quoted, and that was you back peddling. In regards to the video you linked, it had been watched long before you posted it. That still doesn't change the overwhelming similarities between IV and VII. All other Star Wars movies pale in comparison to those two.

Regarding the parallels in Star Wars and anything prior to those particular movies, of course there are similarities. People have drawn inspiration and ideas from others for centuries, that's common knowledge, the fact you're bringing it up is rather comical.

Nothing was omitted, except for my entire explanation, huh? I suppose the way you "argue," an explanation to your stance could be seen as irrelevant. Perhaps you could take the time away from quoting yourself in your own signature and flinging around dumbbells to actually learn what "back peddling" means. Look up what "context" means as well. Flex the most important muscle in your body. I've debunked everything you've said, your argument amounts to "no no no, the film copies ANH to SUCH a degree because I say so!" That's the only thing comical here. You've raised no points, no examples, no counters. I'm done biting the bait, it's clear this was all just a long winded troll. We're done here.

Edited by Sage_of_Battle

Nothing was omitted, except for my entire explanation, huh? I suppose the way you "argue," an explanation to your stance could be seen as irrelevant. Perhaps you could take the time away from quoting yourself in your own signature and flinging around dumbbells to actually learn what "back peddling" means. Look up what "context" means as well. Flex the most important muscle in your body. I've debunked everything you've said, your argument amounts to "no no no, the film copies ANH to SUCH a degree because I say so!" That's the only thing comical here. You've raised no points, no examples, no counters. I'm done biting the bait, it's clear this was all just a long winded troll. We're done here.

There's no reason to quote your entire explanation, I've already read it. I'm well aware of what the words in question mean, perhaps you're the one that should look them up. Oh, and you've debunked nothing, all you've done is prove how little you actually know.

Flinging around dumbbells huh? Not sure if I should be honored or a bit leery that you decided to view ones profile. Excellent work. Lets see if you're done here, you can't seem to get of your own way.

Edited by Pirana

There's no reason to quote your entire explanation, I've already read it. I'm well aware of what the words in question mean, perhaps you're the one that should look them up. Oh, and you've debunked nothing, all you've done is prove how little you actually know.

Flinging around dumbbells huh? Not sure if I should be honored or a bit leery that you decided to view ones profile. Excellent work. Lets see if you're done here, you can't seem to get of your own way.

tl;dr it's just the Internet m8, let it go. There's no need to be upset. :rak_02:

It appears you're used to tucking in guys. To each their own I suppose.

Can't even ****post effectively after that one. That was like some actual elementary grade retort. Good effort but creativity ain't a strong suit, is it? Whatever, you're boring me now. I've already debased you. Wasn't much difficulty in it, considering you didn't bring much to the table and I don't feel like picking on short bus kids. Enjoy the ignore list.

Edited by Sage_of_Battle

Can't even ****post effectively after that one. That was like some actual elementary grade retort. Good effort but creativity ain't a strong suit, is it?

Akin to this:

There's no need to tear up. I'll tuck you in later, tiny Timmy. :rak_03:

Opinions are all well and good, I cannot say you're wrong in your opinion of the film. But to refute a few points...

I've read plenty of "in depth" reviews of the film, most all say the same thing; all parts praise. And you're confusing the notion that because a film gets a bad review, that it'll go straight to dvd. Reviews mean jack **** for how a movie franchise makes it's success. Look at the Warcraft film, didn't do too hot on reviews but did it go straight to dvd? No and a trilogy is in the making. Anyhow, reviews are just glorified opinions. Don't put so much stock in them. Form your own, you'll be much happier in the long run. Critics are not the end all, be all of films. BvS was beaten to death by critics, yet on RT, most of the audience reviews seem to enjoy it.

And in regards to awards? Google is your friend.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=the+force+awakens+awards

And you just negated your entire "it's been praised by critics" post.

Obviously Google and creating links aren't your friend

I understand that you seem to think this was the greatest thing ever put on film but I hate to tell it wasn't that good and I can honestly say I am glad I didn't see it in theaters

Nothing I say nor anyone else is going to change your opinion in the slightest but you need to realize you most definatly are not going to change mine or others

Edited by rklontz

And you just negated your entire "it's been praised by critics" post.

Obviously Google and creating links aren't your friend

I understand that you seem to think this was the greatest thing ever put on film but I hate to tell it wasn't that good and I can honestly say I am glad I didn't see it in theaters

Nothing I say nor anyone else is going to change your opinion in the slightest but you need to realize you most definatly are not going to change mine or others

Here we go again, another one to deal with. I already had to expose another, let's not devolve into this again...

That was my point, critics are just glorified opinions. If it wasn't obvious enough, which I purposely tried to make it so but clearly the point I was making went over your head. Critics really do not mean much. You seemed to think it does, given you recommended that I look at an "in depth" review on the film, as if I haven't already. I don't care much for them save for a few. I consider what they say but take it with a grain of salt. My opinion on a film doesn't hinge on if a critic says it's good or not, but when nearly all of them, critic reviews and audience reviews alike. are in unison to a single opinion of a film, game, album etc, it's most likely doing something right.

I helped you out, something you seemed to have been in need of. I gave you a Google search to refute your claim that TFA got no awards, something you were clearly wrong in. It's one thing to be wrong, everyone is wrong in something at some point in their lives. It's another to turn the other way, making incoherent noises so you don't have too hear that you're wrong.

I even said there were other things you could've criticized TFA in. The pacing was a bit off, at times I felt like the audience was being rushed from setting to setting, never getting to know the area that well. Kylo Ren, while I understood he was never supposed to be Vader 2.0, I thought they made him seem a bit too weak as a villain and Rey too strong as a Jedi. That's just to name a few complaints. The movie doesn't even drop into my top 10s. Don't presume you know a thing about me just because I pointed out the fallacies in your original two posts.

I couldn't care less about attempting to change your opinion, I am merely stating mine. Opinions are neither wrong nor right and everyone is entitled to theirs. But some are worth less than others. You didn't see it in theaters, did you watch it at all? Your opinion actually meaning anything could hinge on this...

Edited by Sage_of_Battle

Christ almighty, are we barking down this tree - AGAIN!:eek:

It was NEVER and that's NEVER EVER a secret that TFA was going to be a Reboot of the franchise, and in that a reboot of ANH!!!! Infact that was one of the underlined points made prior release!!

Any criticism of the movie in that regard as sloppy, half hearted, "when I feel like Rant Down on Star Wars Fandom".

Now if you say; "Where does all the new characters come from?" then I can jump aboard. Any movie that need to be thoroughly researched to understand it's story is a whole new matter. We shouldn't need to read 1 or 3 books or/and a dozen comics to jump into the story. New plot carrying characters should be held at an minimum. And do we really need another little Force mystic added to the story? Yoda carries over the OT, PT, TCW and Rebels! A bit more originality in that regard is something the Fanbase deserves, and negative thoughts on this point is good and due criticism.

On the other hand is Rey, Kylo, Snoke, the self exiled Luke Skywalker plot secrets to be revealed and therefore not YET fully explained a fact that one need to accept for the story to be somewhat interesting.

In regard to "The New Order" and "The New Republic" the movie felt incoherent, rushed and was a big question mark, you must be able to just follow the movies to be able to follow the story, and this is my greatest bother with TFA. In that sense it was very exclusive and not very welcoming towards New and/or mainstream Star Wars Fans. And I really feel that the current debate overshadows that fact or might even be a result of it, when the easiest factor to criticize is that it was a Reboot, all the way, 'cos that's something tangible to wrap your thoughts around.

Edited by t-darko

• 2 weeks later...

I liked the movie and here is why!

Kylo Ren to me is a cool character, he has room to grow he isn't an established pure bad-*** dark side lord like Vader. He is flawed, he is unstable, confused, and imo a bad-*** because he passed the test that Vader has failed by killing his father and dedicating himself to the dark side even more. Overall an interesting character and I want to see how he will develop further.

The first Order is awesome! It's the new and improved Empire but a lot smaller. The new storm troopers look great, it seems like they got a slight buff to their accuracy, and one of them beat the crap out of Fin with a riot spinny-baton.

Rey's character is cute but she is quickly became OP in my opinion, it's like shes some sort of force battery that turned on after all the sand fell from it's cracks. (not her cracks)

Yeah the story is kind of a repeat of episode 4 with the whole Death Star/Starkiller base weakness exploit boom but that was actually kind of pleasant for me. I just think that after all these years if they went a totally new and different way a lot of fans would have felt lost, confused or I don't know... This is a good starting point for me for the new movies. I didn't touch on a lot of things but I don't wanna make this wall too big.

Pretty much First Order rocks, Hux rocks, Kylo rocks, Storm troopers rock, Chewbacca rocks, Rey is cool but OP

and Poe/Finn are just too cheese for me. Give me a TIE fighter ace that can take out 10 x-wings plz.

I don't have any specific complaints but where it fell a bit flat for myself was in that they seemed to feel the desire to throw out everything and the kitchen sink into this one. It seemed nearly every leading character from the past 6 movies was shoved into the box.

In a nut shell I think they tried to stomp to much into the box of one movie. It felt more like a best-of episode than original content.

Lastly we have the absolute biggest baddest death star of all time making the first ones look like pebbles in a pond and does it take a lot of planning and such? Nope just throw something together fly in a blow it up. It just didn't have the feel of a war for myself.

But that's just my opinion.

I don't know what about you guys but I was quite disappointed in the star wars 7 the force awakens I loved the original trilogy and I also loved the prequels but the sw7 was nothing near them for example I'm a huge sith fanatic an in the other movies we got awesome ****** guys like Darth Vader and sidious but here nothing what we got is a foul child whit a cheap copy of a ancient lightsaber an the story was way more boring than the others for example in sw3 the action and the combination of a quite good story I know that the originals had better story but the prequels we're good as well but sw7 had nighter good story nighter awesome lightsaber choreography like everyone says Disney ruined the star wars what George Lucas created I feel that way about sw 7 and I doubt that the other movies were gonna be good too I think that for example the bobafett movie will be disaster because Disney want to bring back the old awesome characters like Darth maul but the just ruined his story as well when they bring him back just he lost his coolness and the same will be whit boba or Darth Vader in rogue one this is my opinion about Disney and that they will ruin the star wars universe and I think a lot of star wars 7 funs are kids who doesn't even saw the prequels or the original story

Here:

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,''''''????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!...............................;;;;::::

I had a few spares and you are obviously out.

I could write a book on all the things I felt made Episode 7 an abysmal experience. I saw the movie twice on guest passes and still felt cheated. Why twice if I didn't like it the first time? I somehow convinced myself that now that I knew what was wrong with the movie, I could find SOMETHING I really liked about it. I ended up hating it more the second time. For the interest of space and time I'll try to keep the complaints to just ten, hard as that will be.

1. Terrible pacing. The movie only really slowed down once or twice. A jumbled, blink and you miss it one line plot explanations do NOTHING to give us an idea of what has been going on the last 40 years.

2. Kylo Ren. Words cannot describe how much I hated this character. He will always be known as a temper tantrum throwing little *****. He is the palest shadow of a novice Sith, half trained or not. I liked this character better when he was called Jacen Solo and was a legitimate threat. The one scene I enjoyed him in was the one with Han over the bridge.

3. Ray. The ULTIMATE Mary Sue of Star Wars. Do you need a star ship pilot so epic she can fly a ship for the first time and INSTANTLY perform maneuvers that would make Poe Dameran weep in envy? No problem! What about learning complex Force techniques the same day (or so) that she learns the same day discovering that she can even USE the Force? Techniques that took Luke 3 movies (and 4 years, I recall, WITH several teachers helping along the way). Ray being the strong feminists dream ( and Kathleen Kennedy's ************ material) of course needs no teachers and can instantly pull off moves like Mind Trick and can also grab a weapon from Kylo Ren, who, while a ***** (see above) did have Jedi and at least some Sith/ dark jedi/ something something dark side training, thus Ray's ability to "out Force him" should have been impossible. Ray has been confirmed to NOT be a Skywalker, so she cant cash in on "Chosen One" Godmod status. Oh, and despite only using a staff weapon, the first time she picks up a saber results in her being able to quickly overpower and shred up Kylo. Again, because plot. I LITERALLY face-palmed in the theaters at the amount of ******** Disney expected us to swallow concerning this character.

4. Plot Errors including but not limited to the fact that Han and Chewie should have died of gas poisoning when they first came aboard the falcon after reclaiming it. The ship had been filled with toxic gas and Han removed his mask to say "Chewie, we're home." Chewie never had a mask on at all. This is just one. We all know there are more.

5. Deathstar 3.0 and the fact this movie honest and truly was so scared of advancing the Star wars overall and pissing off fanboys, it literally took the best part of A New Hope and regurgitated it. Also we got a highly convoluted array of galactic factions that aren't explained except in some of the newer books like Aftermath... books most of the fans of the movies wont ever read.

6. Han left Leia because he was so distraught over his son becoming emo dark side? That is not the Han we know. People do crazy stuff when they hurt but Han showed repeatedly that he'd ultimately not run away and put himself in danger to save his friends and Leia. These two characters were highly wasted on this movie.

7. There was not NEARLY enough Poe Dameron in this movie. He was by far the most fun to watch on the screen.

8. The soundtrack was utterly forgettable minus the few original pieces that were re-scored. You prequel haters (I only loved Episode 3) can say what you want but NONE of you will ever forget Duel of Fates.

9. Sure, lets do a bombing mission on the Death Star with no bombers!! This may be splitting hairs a bit but... even episode 4 had Y wings. You are telling me that this "resistance", which is funded under the table by the New Republic can only afford to buy a few dozen X-wings. Moreover, it is confirmed the New Republic at least has a navy. It did not engage and destroyed the "First Order" after the use of Deathstar 3.0 shotgun beam because...... why?

10. Again, say what you will about the prequels, but we got multiple new worlds and original plots. As I said before, Episode 7 is pure nostalgia to the point of being a blatant rip off. Hell, in just ONE movie we even got another ice world (deathstar 3.0) a desert world, AND a forest world! Take that originality!!! What saddens me is that new Star Wars fans will grow up on this **** and think its amazing. I fail to care about any of these new characters. No matter how cool or power they become, Kylo will ALWAYS be the computer shredding little boy and Captain Phasma will ALWAYS be supposedly strong stormtrooper leader turned coward and traitor. Finn was only in the movie to show diversity, to make unfunny remarks, and get his *** kicked by quite literally everything he came up against. Oh, and let us not forget General Hux (aka Space Hitler) despite his one speech made on Deathstar 3.0 (no doubt plagiarized from a copy of Mein Kampf) he was COMPLETELY forgettable, as was Snoke. The lack of engaging characters makes me entirely un-enthused to see episodes 8 or 9 because these are the characters we will largely be working with.

No Star Wars movie is perfect! We can all find plot holes and gaps and other issues. But this movie... I mean..seriously... we lost the old EU for THIS?!

Rogue One is another story though. I can't wait for that!!

Edited by Jason_Olin

Cut for length.

I can agree on some points like 1. and 5. in particular the factions being as odd as they are. (I don't get why there's even a resistance, why the New Republic apparently dismantled the majority of it's military etc. It just seemed like a forceful way of trying to make the good guys the underdogs without any rational reason) but I'll offer some counters to your other points.

2. Like many others, I believe you missed the point of his character. He was supposed to mirror Luke except more unstable. A Luke that turned. He was never supposed to be Vader 2.0, a ****** Sith right from the start etc. He is just another character that will grow along with the main cast but from a different side of the spectrum. He's still leagues ahead of Anakin's writing, I'd take his tantrums over Anakin's any day. You see, Kylo gets mad because his henchmen failed to capture an untrained girl or some defenseless droids, Anakin gets mad because Obi Wan is a meanie head.

3. Rey is a bit more controversial. On one side, yes she was a bit overpowered in regards to the force, and I can con the film for that, and no, she's not confirmed to NOT be a Skywalker. I know the exact source you're most likely basing this from, but JJ went back on his original statement. “What I meant was that she doesn’t discover them in Episode VII. Not that they may not already be in her world” directly from him. Which I can source; http://www.ew.com/article/2016/04/15/star-wars-force-awakens-jj-abrams-rey-parents If she is indeed a Skywalker, I can let her OPness in the force somewhat slide, as Luke advanced incredibly fast as well. But in regards to Rey's other abilities, do we really need to see her also becoming a great pilot? Mechanic? We know that she lived from her early years as a scavenger, working with tech all her life. This is called character establishment. The same happened with Luke and that was never complained about. We never see him become a great pilot or mechanic, he just is. She beat a severely wounded Kylo, she's already been established as a brawler, having to fight for herself from an early age(something Luke never really had to do). Beating Kylo isn't as implausible as you might think.(I still wish they fought to a stalemate instead though, would've made a bit more sense).

4. You chose such an insignificant plot "error" to complain about. Yes there are certainly others you could've chosen(seriously, why the **** is there a resistance????), that should not have been one of them. Rey and Finn didn't gas the ship, they hesitated before doing so. Hell, you watched it more than me, I would've thought you'd remember this.

6. His son murdered a whole school of other force sensitive students. Until the rebellion, Han had been running all his life, it was his profession. It's not that implausible that he would emotionally regress so far back. It's not about courage or putting his life on the line, it's about feeling as if he failed as a father, and not wanting to feel responsible for creating Vader 2.0, so he did what he had already been doing for most of his life, ran. He was never a family man. He was a charismatic womanizer and a criminal.

7. He's a supporting character and part of what makes great supporting characters is that they don't get over-saturated with appearances in scenes. The story of Star Wars has been and always will be about Skywalkers.

9. A lot of technological improvements could be made to the fighters in the 10-20 years after ROTJ, when the film takes place. X-wings could be outfitted with more Air-to-Ground capabilities. The original Death Star was destroyed by an X-wing. This just seems like nitpicking.

10. Was just mainly rambling. Prequels failed as films, the EU was over-bloated and practically collapsing in on itself so not like we lost much.

Edited by Sage_of_Battle

I could write a book on all the things I felt made Episode 7 an abysmal experience. I saw the movie twice on guest passes and still felt cheated. Why twice if I didn't like it the first time? I somehow convinced myself that now that I knew what was wrong with the movie, I could find SOMETHING I really liked about it. I ended up hating it more the second time. For the interest of space and time I'll try to keep the complaints to just ten, hard as that will be.

1. Terrible pacing. The movie only really slowed down once or twice. A jumbled, blink and you miss it one line plot explanations do NOTHING to give us an idea of what has been going on the last 40 years.

2. Kylo Ren. Words cannot describe how much I hated this character. He will always be known as a temper tantrum throwing little *****. He is the palest shadow of a novice Sith, half trained or not. I liked this character better when he was called Jacen Solo and was a legitimate threat. The one scene I enjoyed him in was the one with Han over the bridge.

3. Ray. The ULTIMATE Mary Sue of Star Wars. Do you need a star ship pilot so epic she can fly a ship for the first time and INSTANTLY perform maneuvers that would make Poe Dameran weep in envy? No problem! What about learning complex Force techniques the same day (or so) that she learns the same day discovering that she can even USE the Force? Techniques that took Luke 3 movies (and 4 years, I recall, WITH several teachers helping along the way). Ray being the strong feminists dream ( and Kathleen Kennedy's ************ material) of course needs no teachers and can instantly pull off moves like Mind Trick and can also grab a weapon from Kylo Ren, who, while a ***** (see above) did have Jedi and at least some Sith/ dark jedi/ something something dark side training, thus Ray's ability to "out Force him" should have been impossible. Ray has been confirmed to NOT be a Skywalker, so she cant cash in on "Chosen One" Godmod status. Oh, and despite only using a staff weapon, the first time she picks up a saber results in her being able to quickly overpower and shred up Kylo. Again, because plot. I LITERALLY face-palmed in the theaters at the amount of ******** Disney expected us to swallow concerning this character.

4. Plot Errors including but not limited to the fact that Han and Chewie should have died of gas poisoning when they first came aboard the falcon after reclaiming it. The ship had been filled with toxic gas and Han removed his mask to say "Chewie, we're home." Chewie never had a mask on at all. This is just one. We all know there are more.

5. Deathstar 3.0 and the fact this movie honest and truly was so scared of advancing the Star wars overall and pissing off fanboys, it literally took the best part of A New Hope and regurgitated it. Also we got a highly convoluted array of galactic factions that aren't explained except in some of the newer books like Aftermath... books most of the fans of the movies wont ever read.

6. Han left Leia because he was so distraught over his son becoming emo dark side? That is not the Han we know. People do crazy stuff when they hurt but Han showed repeatedly that he'd ultimately not run away and put himself in danger to save his friends and Leia. These two characters were highly wasted on this movie.

7. There was not NEARLY enough Poe Dameron in this movie. He was by far the most fun to watch on the screen.

8. The soundtrack was utterly forgettable minus the few original pieces that were re-scored. You prequel haters (I only loved Episode 3) can say what you want but NONE of you will ever forget Duel of Fates.

9. Sure, lets do a bombing mission on the Death Star with no bombers!! This may be splitting hairs a bit but... even episode 4 had Y wings. You are telling me that this "resistance", which is funded under the table by the New Republic can only afford to buy a few dozen X-wings. Moreover, it is confirmed the New Republic at least has a navy. It did not engage and destroyed the "First Order" after the use of Deathstar 3.0 shotgun beam because...... why?

10. Again, say what you will about the prequels, but we got multiple new worlds and original plots. As I said before, Episode 7 is pure nostalgia to the point of being a blatant rip off. Hell, in just ONE movie we even got another ice world (deathstar 3.0) a desert world, AND a forest world! Take that originality!!! What saddens me is that new Star Wars fans will grow up on this **** and think its amazing. I fail to care about any of these new characters. No matter how cool or power they become, Kylo will ALWAYS be the computer shredding little boy and Captain Phasma will ALWAYS be supposedly strong stormtrooper leader turned coward and traitor. Finn was only in the movie to show diversity, to make unfunny remarks, and get his *** kicked by quite literally everything he came up against. Oh, and let us not forget General Hux (aka Space Hitler) despite his one speech made on Deathstar 3.0 (no doubt plagiarized from a copy of Mein Kampf) he was COMPLETELY forgettable, as was Snoke. The lack of engaging characters makes me entirely un-enthused to see episodes 8 or 9 because these are the characters we will largely be working with.

No Star Wars movie is perfect! We can all find plot holes and gaps and other issues. But this movie... I mean..seriously... we lost the old EU for THIS?!

Rogue One is another story though. I can't wait for that!!

Bet that felt Good:rolleyes:

is it just me or does anyone else find kylo to be a whiny darth helmet without the intentional humor. he just dosent feel evil like the other darths i mean he has to compete with the moff like wouldent he have killed the moff by now because he defied him? idk probably missed a lot of backstory when i watched the movie(still dont know who the hologram is) but i just felt like it was trying to hard to be different and unique and special. i also dont like how they treated fin :( i loved his character it felt like one of the bad *** from the original series like han did. felt like he could kick *** and take names

is it just me or does anyone else find kylo to be a whiny darth helmet without the intentional humor. he just dosent feel evil like the other darths i mean he has to compete with the moff like wouldent he have killed the moff by now because he defied him? idk probably missed a lot of backstory when i watched the movie(still dont know who the hologram is) but i just felt like it was trying to hard to be different and unique and special. i also dont like how they treated fin :( i loved his character it felt like one of the bad *** from the original series like han did. felt like he could kick *** and take names

That's, again, the point. Kylo is NOT a Darth. He's not a Sith Lord. He's a kid with a barely functioning lightsaber, still grasping and trying to comprehend exactly what he's getting in to. He's not the main villain and probably won't ever be, although he'll most likely come out swinging in 8, following the trope of the second film in a trilogy typically being the darkest. And if you liked Finn, he's also most likely going to make a comeback in 8, as the actor, John Boyega, is bulking up and training hard to reprise his role.

Edited by Sage_of_Battle

No, I beg to differ. Kylo Ren may be confused but he is not a kid, nor is he untrained. He was at least partially trained by Luke before betraying the "New Jedi Order" and his training was further augmented by Snoke, to some degree or another. Kylo Ren deserves no pity party and I fully believe he will be the main adversary throughout the films until he's saved, or something.

And yes, getting that list rant out DID feel good. **** deserves to be called out on when its.... you know, ****.

No, I beg to differ. Kylo Ren may be confused but he is not a kid, nor is he untrained. He was at least partially trained by Luke before betraying the "New Jedi Order" and his training was further augmented by Snoke, to some degree or another. Kylo Ren deserves no pity party and I fully believe he will be the main adversary throughout the films until he's saved, or something.

And yes, getting that list rant out DID feel good. **** deserves to be called out on when its.... you know, ****.

He is most certainly a kid as evidenced by.... being called a kid, being established as young. The actor's age=/=the character's age. He had partial training, that much is true, which is why I wish they had fought to a stalemate instead of Rey beating him, but Rey had training as well, in a way. Or more so experience. A friend of mine, who had over 10 years of experience in mixed martial arts(Tae Kwon Do, Jiu Jitsu, Boxing and Muay Thai combined), who had an amateur fighting career alongside being in numerous street fights, had gotten into a particular "arranged backyard" fight where he fought someone who seemingly had no formal training. Yet he was able to grapple with him and manage to submit him effectively, something that left my friend pretty baffled. During my MMA training, I've encountered kids that simply have the instinct of a fighter, the moves come easy to them, they can react well under pressure. Maybe that's why to me, it's not that implausible to think Rey could certainly have beaten Kylo. That and the fact that he was gravely injured, emotionally conflicted, and holding back, trying to capture Rey rather then kill her. And that she's most likely a Skywalker herself.

Calling it "****" doesn't make it so just because you said it. Only means you didn't like it, and everyone has an opinion on something that they're free to express. But don't try stating that subjective opinion as an objective, universal fact.

Edited by Sage_of_Battle