Idea! Instead of ELIMINATING INCENTIVES TO PLAY (REWARDS), JUST DELETE GOLD SELLERS.

PatT

In an effort to keep gold sellers and spammers from getting their greedy hands on riches, Bioware has been steadily eliminating anything of value in the enviroment. Chests, nerfed (or gone). Now Slicing nerfed. Treasure hunting, no credits. Creds for doing missions, slashed.

Funny thing, the credit sellers are posting more than ever.

Worse thing, is that the less incentive we have to play, the less likely we will continue to play.

I am personally SICK of paying the price for the credit sellers. bio, you KNOW who they are. You must be flooded with reports. You do nada. But you take all *our* incentives away. Money bosses in Raids, nobody does anymore. Skip. Not worth the trouble.

Take the cash out of lockboxes for treasure hunting and now they're too expensive to even justify running the mission.

WHY DO YOU NOT JUST DELETE THE ACCOUNTS OF THE GOLD SELLERS??? OTHER DEVS IN OTHER GAMES ARE SUCCESSFUL. WHY WON'T YOU? HOW LONG WILL NUMBERS OF PLAYRS DROP AND SERVERS EMPTY BEFORE YOU REALIZE Y OU ARE REMOVING ALL OUR INCENTIVE TO PLAY? Which means we won't.

Yeah, i was yelling. At Bioware. They seem hard of hearing.

You are talking about missions designed to get you crafting materials. They were never intended to get you massive credits.

If anything this incentivizes you to play more. Go do heroics and you will earn money (with the slash to treasure hunting they AGAIN have increased the credits payed out for completing quests).

Complaining about crew missions is absurd as you are just complaining about free money you were getting.

as you are just complaining about free money you were getting.

With that logic any argument made regarding credits is "absurd". Unless they actually add credits to the CM, all credits earned are free credits. I fail to see the logic behind your crew skill credits being inferior to heroic/raid credits statement.

You are talking about missions designed to get you crafting materials. They were never intended to get you massive credits.

Gotta love when people use the phrase "wasn't intended" for things that existed for months or years, without any indication of it being considered a problem. As if the fact that it was changed somehow grants you Developer Intention Super Vision, where you know everything that is and isn't intended by the developers, before they say or do anything about it.

I mean, first of all, "massive" is a pretty ambiguous word. Clearly some amount of profit was intended to be possible from TH missions, or it wouldn't have existed for so long. It's not like changing a couple of numbers is a fix that sinks development hours. Arguably, level 50 influence was not taken into account when making them the way they were (though I'm unsure if level 50 influence makes companions faster than in the previous highest level companion affection system... it may be an argument that doesn't exist).

Either way, saying something wasn't intended after the fact is often just a ****** excuse to gloat over others' misfortune. MMOs are chock full of incidents where something was on the borderline of "obviously unintended" and "obviously intended," with it being somewhat ambiguous. TH most likely reached critical mass of "this is problem" due to people using macros and botting, along with the recent nonstop spotlighting of it on the forums (which most likely resulted in more players using it regularly to make credits). Without that, I don't think it would have been a concern worth looking at.

Sometimes stuff stays on the borderline purely because most players aren't aware of it, or don't know how to use it optimally. Then somebody calls attention to it and next thing you know, the nerf bat is swinging. That whole "squeaky wheel gets the grease" thing isn't always an advantage.

Actually they are deleting the accounts. Spammers are on F2P accounts for the reason. Unfortunately that means they already have new accounts ready when BW deletes previous ones. It's the main issue with F2P accounts.

Based on the fact that selling in-game credits is severe violation of EULA/TOS. That's why they don't usually get another chance on those accounts in most MMOs. There's no 3 strike or 2 strike system for that. It's 1 strike and account gets deleted.

Best solution:

Don't buy credits.

Edited by Halinalle

I am totally pissed off at all the nerfs myself and yes it does punish there paying customers more. However if gold seller were easy to get rid of as so many of you think, BW would have done so by now. In-fact as players in theory are now getting less credits gold seller have an open market. Also note over the next few months all these nerfs will have zero impact on lowering the cost on GTN.as so many who were complaining about it think it will.