The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

starwars spamwars

Wrath-PSA

there is three different websites in competition for something that should be provided by bio in the first place. buy cartel coins which could be traded for in game currency. so that people on dead servers that should have been merged years ago can afford the ridiculous prices people gouge for items on the market. pay to win? who cares it solves the issue of the spammers making money in a FTP model, you provide a service to your customers they feel the need to go elsewhere for, while you make more money.

the current rate people are stealing biowares money is .49 cents per million credits, how do I know this you ask, I see it 100 times a day. figure it out.

also could you make it so I can delete the 120 spammers from my list on multiple characters without wearing out my mouse? could you also make ignore, and friends lists legacy wide so I don't have to ignore the same 2000 spammers each week on multiple characters and I can contact friends without logging on to specific characters to do so or add them on 15 different characters. thanks in advance for using you time and recourses to take on this obviously daunting task since its taken years for someone to figure it out.

its a problem please fix it

there is three different websites in competition for something that should be provided by bio in the first place

Two points here:

1. No, it is not obvious that the game should provide a means of obtaining credits for Cartel Coins. I'd even go so far as to suggest that it is obvious that it should *not* do so. (While this is not the place to get into a discussion of supply-and-demand microeconomics, see point 2 for a partial explanation based on other considerations.)

2. Those sites would remain in competition if this was provided by the game. Every game I've played that provided such a thing *still* had problems with third-party gold seller sites, because such sites enthusiastically under-cut the official price. See, the official price must be set so as to not encourage *too*much*(1) inflation, while the gold-sellers have a vested interest in *causing* inflation.

(1) "Too much inflation" is hard to define in this context, but I would suggest that it is very, very close to zero, possibly *less* than zero. So credit sinks are essential to consume the extra credits that would enter the economy. Do you really want them to bring back ability training costs? 40K credits to learn Speeder Piloting level 1?(2) Pre-2.0 mod removal costs? I don't.

(2) Before the launch of free-to-play and preferred accounts, speeder piloting cost 40K to train. Afterwards, it was a few hundred for subscribers (I have this recollection of it being 297 or something weird like that) versus 35K for non-subs.