The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Convert Cartel Certificates to Jawa Junk.

Yeah they really need to do something.

They were actually going to remove the vendors in the same patch where they removed certs from packs, but people were pissed when they saw the prelim notes so they put them back. EXCEPT THEY DIDN'T ADDRESS THE FACT YOU COULDN'T GET CERTS ANYMORE MAKING THOSE VENDORS USELESS!

(and no, I don't count a 0.000000000000000001% chance of getting one from the ultranerfed slot machine a way to get them).

If we are not getting more Cartel Certificates at least adjust all vendors that used them so they can accept Peddler Items instead. Since they seem to be the new currency that came to replace the Certificates.

Could be 1 Certificate = 10 Jawa Junk

One thing you can do (just to mention it) is buy the items from the Cartel Cert vendors, wait the 2 days, and sell them on the GTN.

Those NPCs are going for like 5m each on Shadowlands last time I looked.

One thing you can do (just to mention it) is buy the items from the Cartel Cert vendors, wait the 2 days, and sell them on the GTN.

Those NPCs are going for like 5m each on Shadowlands last time I looked.

Excuse me, but I think you are totally missing the point of this thread lol.

Yes the venders are mainly useless now, however I do believe that certs can be gotten in older packs which do return from time to time.

I have almost 100 certs across my main account. More than a dozen on my second account. Have 39 on just one server. There's just nothing I want from the venders. I do wish BW would at least let us sell them on GTN, I may not want them but am fairly sure some other players will.

Edited by DreadtechSavant

at least let us sell them on GTN, I may not want them but am fairly sure some other players will.

Yes this might help as well. Or to add them to an NPC's inventory on the Cartel Bazaar so you can buy one for say 5 Jawa Junk. Maybe the new black droid next to the Hutt.

Thank you for the info about the Shadow packs.

With the drop rate from those packs, Cartel Certificates average about $10 each, assuming you get the biggest possible discount via Hypercrate.

I didn't notice an announcement that these were available and they are about to go away again, so I wonder how many players will miss out.

Using your Freebooter's rep, 120k credits, and 5 Certificates, you can get an Armored Uxibeast mount... for a mere $50. We still need a long term solution. This Jawa Junk idea is a good one.

Edited by Xina_LA

I have spent my share on the Cartel Market packs and it would be a slap in the face if my cartel market certificates were all of a sudden Jawa Junk. I have more than enough Jawa Junk as it is as well.

I think you misunderstand a little, as I'm sure the intention of their suggestion would also be to replace the Cartel Cert cost with Jawa Junk for the cartel rep vendors that currently take certs, so you could still buy all that stuff, it would just use jawa junk instead of certs...and this bulk of certs you seem to somehow not have spent yet will be converted to jawa junk, so you're really not losing anything with this suggestion if they were to implement it.

...slap in the face... :rolleyes:

Edited by Saregon