The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Cartel Items Recycler - A useful suggestion to get rid of cartel stuff you don't want

Have you ever filled your cargo holds with cartel items that you already have and or stuff that simply is not even worth selling since you find it on the GTN for 10k.

Well I think I've come up with a solution to that.

This suggestion is about adding an NPC or a terminal or an option in the market that opens a window where you can recycle your cartel items in an attempt to get better items. And it works in the following way:

Cartel Stuff is divided by rarity which stands for bronze, silver, gold, platinum rarities.

In this suggestion you should be able to deposit cartel items (That aren't bound already) into a window that will take them from you and give you a new random cartel item in exchange.

I KNOW! Some people would be mad if your vented saber is dumped here and you get a bronze model pet in exchange. So here's a larger explanation of how the game should know what item give you in exchange.

The game should give you the new item based on the rarity and quantity of items you are to recycle.

The window should ask you to throw at least 3 items of the same rarity into it for it to work. rewards should always match the rarity of the 3 items you thrown into it.

EXAMPLE:

I throw my 3 extra "Lana Beniko Pants" (Bronze Rarity). Since I recycled bronze items the item I get should be bronze as well. I can get either a bronze decoration, a bronze piece of an armor set, a bronze vehicle, pet, etc.

ALSO! If you decide to add more than 3 items you should start to get a chance to roll for getting an item of the next avalible rarity. The odds of this happening should increase with the more items you deposit.

EXAMPLE:

I have some extra "Classic Vibroswords" (Silver Rarity) on my cargo so I use this system to recycle them; Since I recycled silver items the item I get should be silver as well. But OH! I decided to drop some extra pieces of my silver rarity "Ambitious Warrior" armor set. Instead of 3 items I dropped 5. Now I should have my silver item assured with a maybe 5% chance that instead of the silver item I get a Gold item in exchange. This odds to get a higher rarity item increase the more items I drop so if I instead of 5 drop 7 items, instead of a 5% I may have a 10% chance to get a Gold item.

FAQ:

Q: What if I drop more than 3 platinum items? It would be a waste since there's no higher rarity.

A: You shouldn't be allowed to drop more than 3 items during a platinum rarity exchange for this obvious reason.

Q: What about Gear Boxes?

A: Boxes that include gear pieces or stuff inside should'nt be allowed to be recycled, items must be taken from the box before doing the process.

Q: People can exploit this claiming items from collections!!

A: No they can't, in case you missed it, you should NOT be able to use "Bound" items (That obviously includes items claimed from collections).

Q: Should this process have any cost aside from the Unbinded Cartel Items?

A: I'm not mentioning anything about it, but if something like this gets implemented in game. The Devs might consider adding a cost in credits or CC in order to moderate the use of this system or to get an extra cash for its use. So it might be possible that we see a cost for using this feature but getting subscriber discounts are as well possible.

And that's it.

I hope this suggestion helps.

Edited by Saito_Hiraga

Not bad. A sort of Mystic Forge (GW2 feature). Pretty cool.

Also: I wish everyone else put as much effort into thinking about how their suggested feature would work as you did. Thanks for presenting the idea so well.

Oh, never played GW2. lol. Actually my idea was inspired by League of Legend's Hextech forge. I was playing with my sis and after opening a lot of boxes and getting junk I don't even want to use I started to get the same feel as if I were opening Cartel Packs:

"Oh damn there goes another ugly Urgoth skin. I dont even own or want to own that champion. Its like if I open a Cartel Pack on SWTOR and get an ugly Vrake again and again, its ugly as hell and I don't want it but I don't really get much selling it either. Wish I could merge those 3 ugly Vrakes on SWTOR to get another Cartel Item the same way I merge the ugly Urgoth skins. OH WAIT! What did I just say?!.... *Closes the damn LOL and heads running to SWTOR forums*"

I adapted the idea to fit the structure of SWTOR's items, tried to think on how to avoid posible flaws or exploits. And here we are....

Edited by Saito_Hiraga

A suggestion that would help inflate prices on the GTN even more?

A suggestion that would help you exchange cartel items you don't want and try to get something better. What's the problem with you? lol GTN prices will be as high as they always have been with this being or not being implemented. And they'll remain like that as long as people buy stuff at those prices. This suggestion is intended to help you get some better stuff recycling other stuff you got from the cartel that you no longer want. So there's no

Or they could stop putting so much garbage in the packs.

They won't. believe me. That's how rarity works. In order to get something rare you must beat higher odds of getting something less rare or garbage by default.

A suggestion that would help you exchange cartel items you don't want and try to get something better. What's the problem with you? lol GTN prices will be as high as they always have been with this being or not being implemented. And they'll remain like that as long as people buy stuff at those prices. This suggestion is intended to help you get some better stuff recycling other stuff you got from the cartel that you no longer want. So there's no

If sellers are given a better option than the GTN to get rid of the CM stuff they don't want, then there will be far fewer CM items available on the gtn. Driving gtn prices up.

Why do you think the vendor refund price of unbound CM items is so low?

Edited by Unchosen

• 2 weeks later...

Nice idea but generally that is what the GTN is for. As for:

"Have you ever filled your cargo holds with cartel items that you already have and or stuff that simply is not even worth selling since you find it on the GTN for 10k."

In that case 10k is its value, Not every cartel item is going to be worth millions. If every item was then none of it would sell for much because the market would drive the prize to rock bottom on everything. Its simple economics 101.

Not saying your idea is bad, but don't think it will happen because...

"A suggestion that would help inflate prices on the GTN even more? "

...This

Edited by DreadtechSavant