Thank you BioWare for the best expansion yet.

Aowin

You are focusing on one clear issue with KotFE. In fact, this isn't the only BioWare game where you are the leader, yet you don't feel like much of a leader in reality. Of course the other game I'm referring to is Dragon Age Inquisition. I never felt as if the Inquisitor was truly leading the Inquisition. In fact, I think it was even worse in DAI compared to KOFE because you had advisors (Cullen, Leliana, and Josephine) who were clearly leading the Inquisition for you. The Inquisitor was nothing more than a figure head who'd occasionally do judgments that had little impact on the story.

KOTFE isn't quite as bad as DAI, but I think BioWare could do a better job of getting across why exactly you, the player, are the Commander of the Alliance. We need to be able to make tough decisions where our companions and troops could die. We need to have those moral dilemmas Revan had during the Mandalorian Wars of deciding whether to save a city, or let it fall so that he could flank the Mandalorians and cripple their ranks.

What we really need is to have that full-scale war between the Alliance and the Eternal Fleet. We need to have not only a ground war but also a space war where there are multiple campaigns being waged and we have to grapple with each decision we make and what it will cost. By the end of the story I want to feel as though each and every decision I made brought me to the breaking point and I did the best I could for the Alliance and the galaxy.

That's what I'm hoping the future of this story will bring. For now, I just see the Alliance as building up and hopefully leading to better things to come.

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seconded. Was really happy with the way the last chapter went, twists and turns all over the place that made me go "WHAAAAAAAAA?!" more than once, and a legit challenging and satisfying fight with Arcaan that wasn't needlessly convoluted, but still required a lot more than just facerolling.

The Shield was a nice touch for the last fight. I would like to see that as an item we could keep. That would be great for Tanking. To fight with a saber and force shield.