Discussion on the State of GSF

NemoSD

The Problem with GSF players is...we dont complain enough!!....pvp players complain about everything and with big numbers...so that automaticly get on top of the complain pile.....so come on pilots!! send more complains....and lets get some new gsf maps and options.....also we need like in wz...a sort of ranks...so newbees dont keep up fighting masterd pre made groups....do that and gsf wil become active with newbees again to
Oh the GSF community did complain quite a bit in the beginning.

As a result we got some minor good things but mostly a ton of crappy nerfs. The complaints were so massive that I believe they were a great part of why BW gave up on GSF.

New maps would be great, some new ships too. But hopefully no more space maps (or any maps) with any type of clouding (dust, mist, whatever) like the shipyards, that stuff is a lag fest.

Until the GSF player base gets bigger a ranking system cant happen. As things are now the queue would never pop. Plus for all the nightmare one sided matches, there are a lot of good mixes of matches, where newbies get a chance to feel things out & get in match advice.

To the idea of legacy hangers, personally I have no interest in that. I view each character as their own entity and enjoy the whole process building them up, I also try to fit the ships to the character (even though no one can really see it). I have found it quite interesting to experience the varying advancements of each of my characters, surprisingly at times I have done better in new ships then in mastered ones.

To the idea of legacy hangers, personally I have no interest in that.

But you have to realize how much lack of legacy hangars has damaged GSF's activity ad player retention. Easiest comparsion - imagine how much less people would care if they had to regrind and redo their strongholds on every. single. character. Garrisons in WOW were heavily criticized for that. What is essentially a side mini-game (GSF, strongholds, swoop-racing, pazaak) should never ever require as much grind and restart cycle as the "main" gameplay. Edited by Pietrastor