Grass detail to zero still?

-Calypso

Hey, look guys. Yes the last thread was closed out for I have no idea the reason why, but as far as I'm concerned, setting grass to zero is not a SOLUTION, its a bandaid. The problem persists on Nvidia SLI (i personally use Nvidia Surround), any attempt to set the grass setting to high with detail at anything above zero will cause game freezing in grassy areas. This issue was first introduced when players upgraded to Win10, and regardless of which compatibility mode the game is or is not run in, the problem still persists. I'd hate to say it, but that kind of rules out a DX problem, doesnt it? So have they actually fixed this yet or are they just hoping if they ignore it it will go away?

lol funny u mention it, cuz i'm already running it in win7 comp mode and its still crashing which kinda reminded me about the problem to begin with. Reading ur link now, ty! Edited by -Calypso

With the compat mode , set it directly to launcher.exe and swtor.exe as well as the game shortcut to ensure it is in compat mode.

just remember if changing the compat mode again to change all 3 to be the same compat or it may cause problems.

Hey, look guys. Yes the last thread was closed out for I have no idea the reason why, but as far as I'm concerned, setting grass to zero is not a SOLUTION, its a bandaid. The problem persists on Nvidia SLI (i personally use Nvidia Surround), any attempt to set the grass setting to high with detail at anything above zero will cause game freezing in grassy areas. This issue was first introduced when players upgraded to Win10, and regardless of which compatibility mode the game is or is not run in, the problem still persists. I'd hate to say it, but that kind of rules out a DX problem, doesnt it? So have they actually fixed this yet or are they just hoping if they ignore it it will go away?

It isn't SWTOR's problem to fix. It is a problem somewhere in the fuzzy zone that contains certain Windows 10 core components and certain pieces of some versions of the NVidia drivers. (And it was worse when it first happened, since it would blue-screen the machine. It happened to me, and I don't have an SLI-capable machine. (GT430 if you must know. My next card will be something a bit meatier.)

Ya, so I'm inclined to agree that the issue is a win10 vs Nvidia problem after reading over the provided link from a previous poster. Barking up the wrong tree. /sigh You would think that major game distributors would have reason to hound the OS and hardware driver engineering companies to resolve these sorts of issues out of mutual benefit. We just some drivel consumers who have already thrown our money at everyone and are stuck with what we have. Garbage.