The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Is SWTOR Fun?

sam-marc

Hello folks!

My name is Sam and I own the channel SWTOR Central!

I was asked by a subsciber to make a video explaining how SWTOR is fun to help convince their friends to play

the game. I delivered, but I made the video a little different. Here it is:

We all play SWTOR becuase we like the game but tell me, what makes it fun for you? And why would you recommend it to a friend?

• 2 weeks later...
We all play SWTOR becuase we like the game but tell me, what makes it fun for you? And why would you recommend it to a friend?

I whouldnt, its boring and only to kill of time. I got nothing ells todo atm and every day i get on SWTOR and find my self asking "what should i do now?". im almost done with DvL but only boring parts left, i can do star fortress but done it a million times, i can do eternal championship but so straight forward. FP, full of rude idiots. fleet, filled with spam and rude idiots.

SWTOR got nothing that i can recommend.

imo Swtor isn't really that great in terms of an mmo, but I play it for the same reasons I play any other rpg like Mass Effect, Fallout or Skyrim - its fun making a character and having them go through a world either being horrible and murdering people, or being nice and helping any rando they see.

I love seeing how differently conversations go in class story lines, making new characters, making them look really cool and getting them cool lightsabers which is obviously very important LOL. Then the companions and npcs in the game are great too, you see their stories unfold along with your own which was something they did well with the characters they introduced in SoR and Kotfe. The game might not be perfectly written but the story telling is still very fun and enjoyable and it's definitely the primary reason I play the game frequently.

But I think its good to tell a friend its just not that good of a game in terms of multiplayer, group and mmo content - it's not what they should be going into it for, side content is severely lacking and new group content is a ways off and is pretty sparse as it is. It's really better as an rpg and playing it for the former would proooobably be disappointing.

Hello folks!

My name is Sam and I own the channel SWTOR Central!

I was asked by a subsciber to make a video explaining how SWTOR is fun to help convince their friends to play

the game. I delivered, but I made the video a little different. Here it is:

If you had asked this a few months ago I could have told you but as of now no. My sub ends around the end of August and not renewing. It is no longer fun.

Edited by casirabit

The other day I was speaking to a player whom had been here since launch. ( Personally I joined in 2012). We were discussing how the community has massively changed since the galactic starfighter days. Whilst this new story content can be regarded as fun, it is bringing in a new generation of players whom aren't playing the game for the same content as the "older" players. This makes it less fun for the Veteran players whom for example are looking for experienced raiders to do ops. This is why most end-gamers have left. In a summery it really depends on the content you play and reasons you started playing in the first place.

Of course this is just my opinion.

Have a great day :D

• 2 weeks later...
I whouldnt, its boring and only to kill of time. I got nothing ells todo atm and every day i get on SWTOR and find my self asking "what should i do now?". im almost done with DvL but only boring parts left, i can do star fortress but done it a million times, i can do eternal championship but so straight forward. FP, full of rude idiots. fleet, filled with spam and rude idiots.

SWTOR got nothing that i can recommend.

You know that you are one of those anoying rude 'idiots' when you answer a question about why you are so fond of this game with something along the lines of 'I dont like it, its pure ****'. At least give a normal answer. Wanna ***** about this game? Do it on a forum focussed on negative sides of SWTOR.