The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

iSPAM!

Seroxxx

What do you think of this build with High energy gas on?

EDIT : fixed to display the correct allocations.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#301hMhZMsMMoMZfGbbzG.1

I think it's great to test against long boss fights.

You will (almost) never be in high-heat situations and you can spam flame burst to proc railshot. Rapid shots in between skills? Not required!

Moreover, retractable blade for extra dot.

and 9% Aim to buff all abilities.

Thoughts?

Edited by Seroxxx

I get that you're using High-Energy Gas for this build, I don't get WHY.

You vent a little heat, good for you. You're blowing all that heat by having to use Incindinary Missile to keep the target lit for Superheated Rail.

If you took Pneumatic Boots instead of Rapid Venting I'd get it, you want to be faster, but this build seems to lose more than it gains by using HEG.

Not to mention you're missing out on Firebug. I hate to be the one to break this to you, but our damage is god awful without the Critical Damage bonus talents. I mean hey, by all means give this build a shot, I've been wrong before, but I wouldn't expect anything earth-shattering out of this build.

Edited by chainsawsamurai

1st of all, i was thinking from the endgame raid/operation perspective. So i wouldn't need the 15% speed talent.

Yes, you are right in the sense that you will not be seeing high crits with this build, but you will not be wasting dps by using rapid shots in between.

My vision/theorycrafting says you will have a more edge with this build (for fights that will last more than 2 minutes ( avg boss fight 5 min ? )) with a higher stable dmg than peaking spiky dmg

-You're giving up 9% damage to burning targets and a decent DoT effect in order to gain 8% Elemental and Internal damage and 1.66 Heat a second.

-You're giving up a single-target 15 second cooldown ability that does more damage baseline than the 15 second DoT you're replacing it with.

-You're giving up vastly reduced cooldown of Thermal Sensor Override (which could very well make up for the meager gains of your Cylinder with proper use and sufficient crit rating).

-You're giving up extra critical hit damage on Thermal Detonator (which already hits harder than Retractable Blade AND can be used at range in case of knockbacks, AoE, etc), that decent DoT you've already written off, Incindinary Missile, AND Rail Shot.

-Oh and you're also giving up 3% tech crit and additional damage on targets below 30% (you know, the clutch part of the fight that matters).

All of that so you can gain a DoT that isn't very good without supporting talents and an extra 1.66 heat a second.

I'm just sayin', I think you'd be better off using what Heat you have well.