Underworld Trading

kansastan

I started doing crew skill missions for companion gifts so I could max out influence easier. I took on Underworld Trading and got some gifts that had large influence with Theron but when I gave them to him, I got a red message saying "effect error" and the gifts disappeared from my inventory.

This only happened with the gifts I got from Underworld Trading since I tested to see if other gifts I got from Investigation worked. They do.

Is anyone else having this problem?

It seems like it might only be affecting Theron. I made a list of gifts I got from the missions and gave to him. All listed were moderate or large influence gain:

• Czerka Blaster Silencer
  • Fossilized Hutt Gallstone
  • Slicer Contact List
  • Assassin Droid Hand
  • Mantellian Puzzle Box
  • Czerka Universal Translator
  • Gree Personal Journal

The listed items gave me an "effect error" and removal from my inventory when I gave them to Theron.

I did get a Fitted All-Weather Bodysuit which gave no influence with Theron so I gave it to Koth. This gave me an influence boost with him.

Theron does get influence gain from gifts that I didn't get through Underworld Trading though so I have no idea what's going on.

It seems like it might only be affecting Theron. I made a list of gifts I got from the missions and gave to him. All listed were moderate or large influence gain:

• Czerka Blaster Silencer
  • Fossilized Hutt Gallstone
  • Slicer Contact List
  • Assassin Droid Hand
  • Mantellian Puzzle Box
  • Czerka Universal Translator
  • Gree Personal Journal

The listed items gave me an "effect error" and removal from my inventory when I gave them to Theron.

I did get a Fitted All-Weather Bodysuit which gave no influence with Theron so I gave it to Koth. This gave me an influence boost with him.

Theron does get influence gain from gifts that I didn't get through Underworld Trading though so I have no idea what's going on.

I would give Theron only Luxury gifts.