Companions/followers go on strike

Megsimple

When doing any flash point my companion seems to go on strike and refuses to pick up any resource I indicate. Other times I will be moving on and he just stand there not moving at all. This is a bug or is it just me. I know I feed them well. Only happens in flash point has anyone else come across this issue?

Yeah, I've seen it on my companions. If you have the full sell-junk speedup perk set, you can unlock them when they are stuck by sending them to sell your junk items. (The speedups are to make it a 5 second delay instead of a whole minute...)

Alternatively, dismiss them and resummon them. Or summon a different one.

I've had this happening for a while. Generally if I think a companion's glitching out like this, I cast my spec buff and if it doesn't register on them, it seems to be a sign that they've glitched out and a dismiss/resummon works fine to fix things up.

I have experienced these very same issues and I have filed tickets on them as well; I was told that they are known and will be addressed in a future patch. I was told to also file bug report(s) which I did and seems to be the extent of what I can do as a player.

I find that getting on and off a vehicle (or rocket boost) usually fixes them.

I think it's anything that sends them away and then re-summons them:

* Dismiss, re-summon.

* Summon a different one, summon the one you want.

* Ride a mount, then un-ride it.

* Activate rocket boost, cancel it or let it expire.

* Send them on a crew skill task.

* Take a push-button lift.

* Trigger a cinematic.

* (Possibly) Walk far away from them.