Who likes Lana Beniko's new face in knights of the fallen empire?

Loganawesom

I didn't think they changed her face at all. There are some touch ups and I think they changed her eye color a little, but nothing really outstandingly different. I think with the way her hair is now it kind of changes the shape of her face.

Either way I like her face. She's one of the prettier characters of the game. I think she does look better texture wise in KotFE, but personally like her SOR look better for all of the flaws with her model then.

Edited by Amaratine

Yeah, her face hasn't actually changed model-wise, it's pretty much just a new hair mesh and texture touch-ups, such as her skin not being so pale/albino-looking anymore (I guess she got a good tan in the past five years?), and her eye colour is a little more vivid.

Her hair is also more of a regular blonde rather than a white-ish shade as well, so I'm just assuming the aforementioned albino-y look about her was scrapped for some reason.

As for which I prefer... I'm not sure. I don't care for the "hotness" or sexual attraction of a character, but aesthetic-wise, there's something enchanting and mystical about fair-looking characters with snow-white skin and pale hair, which is why you tend to see that kind of theme in "mysterious waif" sort of characters in media (which Lana admittedly isn't really), but I've gotten used to Lana's new look and I like it quite a bit as well, to the point that I feel a little more partial to it.

I also think the new look fits her character a little bit more as well, which is likely why it was changed.

Edited by Souffle-Girl

I hadn't realised her changes in KotFE before I saw her new look online... in both iterations, though, she is amongst my favourite characters in SW:TOR, physically but also because of her personality. I've kind of formed an emotional attachment to her as I even had my Warrior break up his marriage to Vette just to stay with Lana....

I think I'm one of the few who likes her SOR look better. Don't get me wrong, her KOTFE look is great, but at the same time the KOTFE hair looks too...one piece-y. It's like a glob of clay shaped into hair on her head. Her SOR had individual strands, and stuff.

The reason people think her face model looks different, I think, is because she's physically bulkier (and that might just be her clothes), so it changes the look of her face a bit. Compare her lankier frame in SOR to her slightly bulkier frame in KOTFE. That, combined with the haircut, does change her face a bit. Maybe the model of her face hasn't changed, but because everything else is, it does create the illusion of her face changing.

Edited by YoshiRaphElan

Her new hair has a much much better texture, not just in appearance but also resolution; the old one was kind of pixelated. Her hairstyle is also more realistic (real hair doesn't magically float forward like Lana's did in SOR), even if it is a terrible style which makes her look like a soccer mom.

I much prefer the KOtfE version of Lana. The textures and shape for the hair is much better imo. It looks less stiff and more natural. I also think the facial coloration looks more realistic. Pale I am fine with, but the original version has some weird pink/orange discoloration. Glad for the updated look.

I much prefer the KOtfE version of Lana. The textures and shape for the hair is much better imo. It looks less stiff and more natural. I also think the facial coloration looks more realistic. Pale I am fine with, but the original version has some weird pink/orange discoloration. Glad for the updated look.

I'll grant, on Rishi it does look like she recently had a runny/stuffy nose due to the orange-ness around it. However, overall I think I still lean slightly toward her SOR design over her KOTFE design, personally.

I'll grant, on Rishi it does look like she recently had a runny/stuffy nose due to the orange-ness around it. However, overall I think I still lean slightly toward her SOR design over her KOTFE design, personally.

I do remember that.

I was just assuming she was having an allergic reaction to the tropics. Kinda thought it was a nice touch.

Between her look in SOR : http://swtorstrategies.com/wptest/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/swtor-The-Final-Trial.jpg

and Kotfe: https://secure.static.tumblr.com/8e1509851adf44d2a5ec39336e0acc15/hygkjz9/t79nzi4wb/tumblr_static_9ydfzyfzlr4gokwc8ocsscwgg_640_v2.jpg

I dont like that old blonde bleach color for one . and the orange around her nose , remind me when you have a cold and rub your nose till it get red and hurt like hell :D

so yeah Kotfe new look is much better to me :o

I do remember that.

I was just assuming she was having an allergic reaction to the tropics. Kinda thought it was a nice touch.

That's a good point. :D

So yeah, TBH I like SOR Lana better. If they ever do companion customizations for Koth/Lana/Theron/Senya, the first one for Lana should be a SOR skin, I think.

Her SoR look wasn't helped by her black lash-plates. (Lash-plates themselves are a standard feature of MMORPG characters, as drawing individual eyelash hairs is a monster performance drag.)

Blond-haired people normally have blond eyebrows (as Lana *does* in both versions) *AND* blond eyelashes (as neither version of Lana does). The SoR lash-plates are angled so as to be very, very visible. The KotFE version has better-angled lash-plates that aren't quite as dark either.

(Lash-plates themselves are a standard feature of MMORPG characters, as drawing individual eyelash hairs is a monster performance drag.)

The problem is that with the KotFE characters, their lash-plates are positioned too far below their eyes with white showing in between.

Same. I prefer KOTFE Lana just for the fact she looks more "human" and less doll-like.

I liked SOR Lana a bit more personally. She looked way younger. But KOTFE Lana isn't bad either.

One thing I have noticed though, in KOTFE she looks like she aged a LOT and not just five years. Plus in KOTFE it looks like she put on a lot of weight. Not enough to be the PC version of body 4, but not as skinny as she seemed in SOR.

I liked SOR Lana a bit more personally. She looked way younger. But KOTFE Lana isn't bad either.

One thing I have noticed though, in KOTFE she looks like she aged a LOT and not just five years. Plus in KOTFE it looks like she put on a lot of weight. Not enough to be the PC version of body 4, but not as skinny as she seemed in SOR.

Probably a lot of that *look* comes from her gear, which seems more bulky than the fairly figure-hugging outfits she wore in SoR.