Login service Unavailable

Death-Hammer

Same issue here. I am using the ancient physical security key. Can't even "officially" log into my account settings here, as THAT requires a security key. Frustrating...THIS is apparently what the onset of the Dark Side feels like.

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tried using Winauth on my computer but the 6 digit code it kept giving me was wrong every time I don't get it

I'm confused Theeko, in order to attach the Winauth security key to your account you have to be able to provide a valid code. Is it at this point your struggling or did you manage to attach? Is the time and timezone set correctly on your computer? Did you pick the 'google' option when adding the authenticator in winauth?

I'm confused Theeko, in order to attach the Winauth security key to your account you have to be able to provide a valid code. Is it at this point your struggling or did you manage to attach? Is the time and timezone set correctly on your computer? Did you pick the 'google' option when adding the authenticator in winauth?

Yeah i figured what was wrong fixed it now, by adding it as a separate authenticator instead of using the google option like someone told me to

I am still using the physical authenticator key that came in the box with my CE version of the game... not working.

Very frustrating. :(

J

Yes that has been the issue all evening. You may be able to switch to a new mobile security app (even just temporarily) to log in for now.

Yeah I finally figured out what was wrong, I had to add a new auth not use a google one like someone suggested let me use Time stamp instead of a code stamp or whatever, but that fixed it so hopefully they'll be able to fix the old physical ones soon

The someone was me. I have always used the google one without issue, I'm using it right now! But if you've got it sorted anyway never mind.

Edited by ZavienUK

Same issue here. I am using the ancient physical security key. Can't even "officially" log into my account settings here, as THAT requires a security key. Frustrating...THIS is apparently what the onset of the Dark Side feels like.

Yes, look earlier in the thread. You can remove and switch to a mobile security key and you should be able to log in.

Yes, look earlier in the thread. You can remove and switch to a mobile security key and you should be able to log in.

Well, that's the problem. I can't remove the existing key without getting into Account Settings...which requires the key :p

Still not working for me... physical key authenticator.

J

I've just checked yet again. The issue is the same as it has been all evening, the authenticators using the old protocol (which includes the physical keys) are still not working. New authentication protocol is fine. Switch to a mobile key for now if you want to log in.

Well, that's the problem. I can't remove the existing key without getting into Account Settings...which requires the key :p

Try logging into account but leave key blank then ask for a one time pw then remove it after putting in the 1 time

I've just checked yet again. The issue is the same as it has been all evening, the authenticators using the old protocol (which includes the physical keys) are still not working. New authentication protocol is fine. Switch to a mobile key for now if you want to log in.

Do you think the Winauth is as safe as the physical one if you have it on your computer?

That's BS, they sold me the damn thing, I shouldn't have to do this.

Try logging into account but leave key blank then ask for a one time pw then remove it after putting in the 1 time

As a last resort, maybe. I'm currently on hold for tech support - going to at least try to get an ETA out of them.

Look earlier in the thread. It's been posted multiple times how to use the 'lost security key' option to remove the existing key. Are you saying this isn't working?

I'm with the others, I have the physical Key from the CE, and I can't log in. I was able to a few hours ago by logging out here, and removing my Security Key, and then logging into the game, and readding the key online. But, now that won't even work for me. I have to wonder what is going on, and why EA seems to not even mention the problem on their twitter. I assume they are working on it, but why not mention it?

(I'm giving Eric and co a pass, since they are at Celebration Europe ATM, and there isn't much they can do from London.)

I'm with the others, I have the physical Key from the CE, and I can't log in. I was able to a few hours ago by logging out here, and removing my Security Key, and then logging into the game, and readding the key online. But, now that won't even work for me. I have to wonder what is going on, and why EA seems to not even mention the problem on their twitter. I assume they are working on it, but why not mention it?

(I'm giving Eric and co a pass, since they are at Celebration Europe ATM, and there isn't much they can do from London.)

I also have a physical key from the CE. I did suggest multiple times earlier to attach a mobile key until this all blows over. As a result I can still log in fine. But if people don't want to listen, what can you do?

Do you think the Winauth is as safe as the physical one if you have it on your computer?

Personally I think nothing beats a completely separate physical device isolated from anything else (aka the physical key). Part of the principle of the authenticator is it's a separate device because it's unlikely an attacker would have access to both devices. But I think Winauth is perfectly adequate, certainly in the meantime.

That's BS, they sold me the damn thing, I shouldn't have to do this.

Switch to a mobile key for now if you want to log in.

Technical stuff breaks, it happens. Either wait patiently until they fix it or switch to a mobile key for now. Nobody is saying you won't be able to continue using your physical key after all this blows over.

I also have a physical key from the CE. I did suggest multiple times earlier to attach a mobile key until this all blows over. As a result I can still log in fine. But if people don't want to listen, what can you do?

Eh, I get the anger and frustration, but some people would rather get mad at BioWare, then do that. (Or they have a Windows phone like me, and can't add the SWTOR Key app. :p) Maybe it's a good thing I can't get logged in. Need to finish homework for school. :D

Technical stuff breaks, it happens. Either wait patiently until they fix it or switch to a mobile key for now. Nobody is saying you won't be able to continue using your physical key after all this blows over.

To the contrary, I've seen things saying you can only remove a security key once. So if I remove my phys key and add a mobile key, I won't be able to remove the mobile key to re-add my phys key. Oh who am I kidding, they're never gonna fix it anyway, might as well go back to FFXIV.

Eh, I get the anger and frustration, but some people would rather get mad at BioWare, then do that. (Or they have a Windows phone like me, and can't add the SWTOR Key app. :p) Maybe it's a good thing I can't get logged in. Need to finish homework for school. :D

You can use microsoft authenticator on a windows phone to set a mobile key

Use this one at this link

Edited by OwenBrooks

Getting mad serves no purpose though. Either you wait patiently, or you make use of the workaround. As I've already posted you can use winauth if you don't have a suitable mobile device. Or you can use Google authenticator on your windows phone.