'Local Social Settings' in AppData...

lymphangioma

After recently setting-up a new rig to play SWTOR, I've decided to migrate all my existing settings over to my fresh install of the game (whatever can actually be transferred).

Anyhow, while searching through the "hidden" AppData Folders to retrieve my GUI Profiles and such, I encountered a file called 'Local Social Settings' - which also includes a few random numbers and my character's name.

Needless to say, I'm curious to know how relevant this particular file happens to be (and it's exact purpose) before extracting and possibly adding to my new install.

If any well-informed individual could possibly shed some light on this matter, it would be very much appreciated.

One more thing... Bioware, please get rid of BitRaider. You've taken an otherwise "nearly" flawless masterpiece, and tarnished this fantastic game with such a head-ache inducing launcher that would make anyone cringe with Sith filled angst.

Yeah yeah, I know it can still be changed to the older (more efficient) SNN version with some minor tweeking, but the user should unquestionably have the "option" from the get-go.

I certainly hope whatever financial incentives you're receiving from using BitRaider are worth all the customers being alienated from this whole debacle.

Sheesh, it's like running a Lamborghini with a Fiero engine. :(

Edited by lymphangioma

Social settings ? I guess that's your Social Points ?

That's what I kinda' figured as well... but my "Social Points" are still there. Anyhow, sorry to resurrect this thread, but does anyone else have any idea what this "Local Social Settings" (in AppData) file might be used for? Thanks.

The only thing I see in mine are notes from the friends list.

Unfortunately, it doesn't automagically populate the list if copied. You still need to manually add all of the people back to the list first, at which point you can log out, copy the file, and log back in, with any notes you had (usually) intact.

The social settings file is nothing more than the "comment" you can set for people on your friends list.

While your friends are stored server-side, the comments you might add about them are saved locally in that file.