Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

12X XP again ?

BreadKing

Pretty much went over this in the last producer stream and they said it won't be coming back any time soon.

Level sync + complimentary XP boosts + New armor set (when they fix it) is apparently faster leveling then 12x according to them.

People had estimated that the new "purple mission" format that 4.0 introduced moved the bar so that the post-4.0 "standard" is approximately 5-6 times the original rates. Double xp events from there get us up to something comparable to what 12x was like. And things after 4.0 seem accelerated a bit beyond the 5-6x that the numbers would suggest anyway since 4.0 also made it so that most things scale rewards to your level instead of having a set level. (So if you're level 30 and running what used to be a level 20 class mission on Nar Shaddaa? You aren't getting 5-6 times the value of a pre-4.0 level 20 mission. You're getting 5-6 times the value of a pre-4.0 level 30 mission. This is why people can hit 50 or even hit 65 before finishing chapter 1 of the class story now. So 12x on top of the current rates? You'd see people hitting the level cap before finishing the capital, probably.)

Thanks everyone for the info I want it back lol

Why? I'm currently leveling a toon through Dromund Kaas that is already level 35. It's incredibly easy to level now and having 12x XP return now would just be insultingly fast leveling. It would basically be a cheat code.

Why? I'm currently leveling a toon through Dromund Kaas that is already level 35. It's incredibly easy to level now and having 12x XP return now would just be insultingly fast leveling. It would basically be a cheat code.

how though?

If your on Drummond Kaas & on level 35 how?

how though?

One flashpoint --story-wise, that'd be Flashpoint: The Black Talon that takes you from origin-world to DK in-universe-- gains a lowbie damned near 3 levels now, or maybe even more.

Do all the "Introduction to..." missions whilst on Fleet, and especially the PvP one, whilst using the XP boosts you got from previous class/major quests, also do the [HEROIC] missions on both planets, and I can totally see it happening.

The fact is, levelling is much too fast now, to the point that it's almost meaningless.

E:

S/he probably meant that they are near the end of DK, and probably did all the quests there. Yeah, I totally can see it, like I said.

Edited by midianlord

how though?

The Intro to WZ and daily WZ mission is purposely ridiculously boosted. At level 10 they're rewarding 100k XP, takes you to level 20 in no time.

Do the intro to Strongholds and crafting and that's another good chunk of XP. Finally Flashpoint intro and you will be level 30 with little effort.

What would motivate BioWare to bring it back for another short time?

So good for leveling new character!

I am so wanting it back! even if only for a week

Anyone what he chances of it coming back is?

LOl relax with your 12x EXP boost! There are some new players (yeah even now) who want to feel the story for the first time and exp boost will make their journey unbalanced. My friend came to swtor just when 12 exp boost was and he reached 65 lvl on Taris lol. My friend were confused about it because he was just in the middle of he's story.

NO exp boost pls!!!!

I've got a trooper not yet done with Coruscant who's L36 or so. A couple of WZs, a couple of GSF matches, Esseles by mission giver, and Korriban Incursion by GF, a major and a minor XP boost, and the Story XP boost in Perqs maxed out. I'm hoping to get to 65 by Pub taris end, just so I can stop fiddling with my gear and start building cash and alliance crates off heroics (and do the planetary bonus series as long as I'm on the planets, since the pointers are no longer on fleet and the missions are tagged for 60+)

I think 12XP has become somewhat obsolete ever since early 4.0, and that's why we won't see it anytime soon.

Look at all the changes during this content cycle. They increased the experience gain from planetary story arcs and class missions by 600% each. That's essentially 12XP by running both class missions and planetary arcs simultaneously. This means that exploration missions have become somewhat obsolete for leveling. You can level solely by doing those two things. I'm doing that as we speak. My Togruta Jedi hasn't touched any exploration missions. Despite that, I'm staying ahead of the curve with class missions and some heroics for the proper gear.

Add 25% XP boosts to that equation, and then add another hefty bonus for the new armour set six piece bonus. All of that combined make for a twelve XP leveling experience - if not even faster than 12XP. 12XP has become all but useless with all those changes.

Is Black Talon soloable at that level?

I've been running Black Talon for the last two years I think with just a companion. That's fresh off Korriban with just the basic stuff done. No WZs, no GSF etc. Way too easy, boost is not needed.

12XP was around before patch 4.0. Once 4.0 came out they changed the amount of XP that Class and Planet story lines give out. I honestly don't see a ton of difference between doing just the class quests and mixing in a War Zone of Flash Point here and there to break things up. I personally feel that the pacing is about the same as when we had 12XP.

Don't forget that you can use the Cartel XP boosts and that you can boost War Zone, Flash Point, Class Stories, etc. by another 30% via Character Perks. Add in 10% for a good guild XP boost and you will find yourself leveling at a very good clip.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.