So about the JK General title

MoronicGenius

Why on earth would you still be granted the "Master" title when you are a DS JK? She flat out tells you that you are not to become a Jedi Master. You're then made General without being given a title for it? Just why? Having the title of General would be one of the coolest things ever as a Dark Jedi. I heard it was taken out just because some idiots couldn't deal with their choices having consequences in a video game about choices. Is there no way to have this reinstated? It's hella immersion breaking, that's for sure.

Yep, you heard correctly. Because people whined about not getting the "Master" title.

...despite being told, flat-out, "you're not a master, your heart is too dark/you're on the edge of darkness."

People complained, so they added back in the title despite the dark-side Knight never being made a Master. My guess is they took out the "general" title so people with a light-side Knight wouldn't complain about THAT, too.

I doubt they'll add it back in, sadly...

That's depressing. Welp. There went all my hype for that storyline. I guess I'll just do smuggler then. I've hear that's a lot of fun. Someone should really try to contact Bioware about this, not that I think they'd do anything about it. Of all the things to change because of "feedback". Jesus.

Putting spoilers for the Warrior and Inquisitor stories, just in case.

I heard it happened with the "Emperor's Wrath" title for the Sith Warrior as well. Too many people complained that they wouldn't get the "Darth" title and be epic like Darth Vader, despite the Warrior not being on the Sith Council like the Inquisitor (who are the only people that are awarded the title during the SWTOR era), so they took it out and gave Warriors the "Darth" title instead.

Edited by Ellyria

Putting spoilers for the Warrior and Inquisitor stories, just in case.

I heard it happened with the "Emperor's Wrath" title for the Sith Warrior as well. Too many people complained that they wouldn't get the "Darth" title and be epic like Darth Vader, despite the Warrior not being on the Sith Council like the Inquisitor (who are the only people that are awarded the title during the SWTOR era), so they took it out and gave Warriors the "Darth" title instead.

Actually there are other Darths who aren't on the council.

Darth Baras and Thanaton were both Darths before making it onto the council.

So we lost two of the coolest titles in the game, who are also heavily connected (I'd even argue important) to their respective stories to some idiotic whining drivel. The "Master" and "Darth" titles are so boring and generic too. Such a shame, truly.

Actually there are other Darths who aren't on the council.

Darth Baras and Thanaton were both Darths before making it onto the council.

Ah, true enough. I must be mixing up the lore: only a Darth can be on the Council, but you don't have to be on the Council to be a Darth.

Still miffed about the Warrior's original title being removed. Boo.