Will new servers be labeled?

salvadorellama

As you (BW) add new servers over the EA period, will you label them as new servers? I have no desire to search for a server where all the people have already created their max number of characters and names are hard to come by.

I made a thread before the wipe asking if you (BW) would limit players to 2 characters until the official launch to avoid names being gobbled up, but that thread got deleted.

I could save the webpage and cross reference it, but it'd be alot easier to know whether or not you plan to label them (but I guess I will anyway just because it's so hard to get an answer about anything out of a game developer).

I'm just asking if you can/will at least label the servers. Throw us people that didn't win the lottery a bone.

Edit: Yes, I've seen the thread http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=254

but no one has clarified if new servers are going to be labeled as such when they open.

Edited by salvadorellama

I know I'm not supposed to, but...bump.

I'd really like to know if new servers will be labeled as such...anywhere...

I also realize there are a million people complaining about different things and the Yes, I know moderators can't be everywhere and read everything (but I don't want my query to be lost before it has a chance).

Edited by salvadorellama

I doubt they will be flagged as such, the only obvious signs of it new being perhaps a lower population, The best I think you can hope for is to jot down all of the server names now and cross reference when you start the game.

Jot down? Nah. Use File->Save page as...

I did, I'm just saying it would be nice if they would label the servers somewhere...either on the server thread or in the game.

You KNOW some people have been creating names on every server all day long just so they have first rights to all the names on all the servers they want.

They will most definitely tweet about a new server going live. Keep watch over their twitter.

Pass. I don't tweet.

All they have to do is type in "new server as of (insert day here)" on their server thread.

I don't even have a "smartphone" (no use for one) and have no idea how twitter works and no desire to learn.

Yeah, it would be nice to have some sort of system to let us know, and like the poster above said, twitter will probably be everyones best bet.

Me and my mates definitely intend to hit a low pop server, I'm not sure about everyone else but naming my character is quite important to me and the name campers seem to always ruin that. One can always be hopeful though, and as always, losing your preferable name isn't the end of the world, but it sure is a hindrance :p

Pass. I don't tweet.

All they have to do is type in "new server as of (insert day here)" on their server thread.

I don't even have a "smartphone" (no use for one) and have no idea how twitter works and no desire to learn.

I dont have a twitter account either but that doesn't mean you just cant look at their twitter page. Bookmark it and pretend its a web address at swtor.com if you have to. They tweet everything important.

Yeah, it would be nice to have some sort of system to let us know, and like the poster above said, twitter will probably be everyones best bet.

Me and my mates definitely intend to hit a low pop server, I'm not sure about everyone else but naming my character is quite important to me and the name campers seem to always ruin that. One can always be hopeful though, and as always, losing your preferable name isn't the end of the world, but it sure is a hindrance :p

Hitting a low pop server at this point it futile unless you plan to wait until after launch. Low servers yesterday are full today. Low ones today will be full tomorrow. Tomorrow's low servers will be full the day after.

As they add more people to the game and add servers along with it to keep up, the only low servers will be those introduced after release next week.