The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Lightsaber Whip

One of the more odd weapons ever seen in the star wars universe is the lightsaber whip. Since we now see the unusual force pike ingame, it isn't much of a stretch to add saber whips. All they have to be are free-flowing lightsabers that make a whippy sound when jedi flail them about.

Please add as a platinum item and people will fall head over heels trying to get it simply because it's unique and ultra-rare

This is not as easy as you think it is.

Put simply, they would have to redo the animations for every single lightsaber ability and flourishes and cutscenes etc. You can't just make it "free flowing"

While it would be neat, this would be way more work than they are likely ever to do.

This is not as easy as you think it is.

Put simply, they would have to redo the animations for every single lightsaber ability and flourishes and cutscenes etc. You can't just make it "free flowing"

While it would be neat, this would be way more work than they are likely ever to do.

I've often wanted to see this myself but agree it would a nightmare to implement.

I wonder if they couldn't implement it as an off-hand only for Sentinels & Marauders?

I'm sure that there would still be a lot of challenges, but you never know.

That only eliminates the issue of cutscenes and reduces the number of abilities that would need to be done, would still be massive.