LvD is the 5th anniversary celebration event????

Drachehexe

Yeah, I know I've been outta the loop on this one but I suddenly have a whole different perspective about this.

Initially I was "meh" on the whole thing. The event itself is neither creative or clever but I didn't think it the proverbial "slap in the face" <takes a drink> long term players claim it is. If this event were standing by itself I would still hold on to that sentiment.

This even isn't standing by itself though, is it? This is SWTOR's 5th anniversary celebration event. Seriously? What in God's name is wrong with you Bioware?

Now I wholeheartedly agree that veteran players should be pissed off. Although most of them seem to be pissed off for the wrong reasons.

Be angry veterans. Be very angry.

Do not be angry because this event is requiring you to rehash old content to participate. Do not be angry because the event rewards will not be awarded retroactively. Be angry because on this 5th anniversary Bioware chose not to honor the journey taken by you up to this point.

Anniversaries are to celebrate and reflect on the journey you have already taken, not the journey that yet lies before you. Anniversaries are supposed to remind us of our victories. Make us contemplate our defeats. Anniversaries are here to let us show the world that we are still here. That we still stand. That all the blood and tears we have shed to this point mattered.

This "celebration event" does absolutely none of that and that is truly the real tragedy here.

Edited by Drachehexe

I would be less sad about them not doing anything to celebrate the 5th than I am about this event being in "honor" of the anniversary.

Maybe they should go back to handing out fireworks.

:t_frown:

Edited by AlienEyeTX

This is SWTOR's 5th anniversary celebration event. Seriously?

Don't take this too seriously. They were looking for something to fill the time between Chapter 16 and Season 2 to encourage players to stay subscribed, and 5th anniversary is the best way to market it. The event was not designed around the 5th anniversary.

But isn't the actual anniversary date Dec 20th? This event is either really early, or they are just stretching it out to 5 months long.

Pretty sure this event will be at least 4 months long. Might as well stretch it out until the end of the year. Might as well never end it.

Oh, wait, might as well never start it.

Don't take this too seriously. They were looking for something to fill the time between Chapter 16 and Season 2 to encourage players to stay subscribed, and 5th anniversary is the best way to market it. The event was not designed around the 5th anniversary.
Perhaps. But it is offered up as the 5th Anniversary event.

It's like your wife handing you a plate of monkey poo, then telling you, "This is your 5th Anniversary dinner, honey. Enjoy!" Perhaps she didn't go out and get monkey poo specifically for your anniversary. Perhaps she just happened to have some leftover monkey poo in the fridge and reheated it on a night that happened to coincide with your anniversary. Either way, you're eating monkey poo on your anniversary.

It's like your wife handing you a plate of monkey poo, then telling you, "This is your 5th Anniversary dinner, honey. Enjoy!" Perhaps she didn't go out and get monkey poo specifically for your anniversary. Perhaps she just happened to have some leftover monkey poo in the fridge and reheated it on a night that happened to coincide with your anniversary. Either way, you're eating monkey poo on your anniversary.

Or not eating it. It's your choice.

But we all know that the only way to keep her happy is to eat the monkey poo. If you don't, she might not be around long enough to serve it again.

I'm assuming the LS/DS is "part" of the 5th anniversary celebration, but not the only thing that will be done. They'll probably have something else that's for veterans as well. This is a summer event leading up to the 5th anniversary and trying to spark people to play more over the summer and stick around to the next chapter and the 5th anniversary.

The only thing I wonder is where the legendary Thor comes up with these analogies... is it perhaps mere creativity or events closely based on reality... or maybe perhaps a parallel dimension where Thor marries a monkey... or maybe that's this universes standing in terms of Thors relationship?

Or not eating it. It's your choice.

But we all know that the only way to keep her happy is to eat the monkey poo. If you don't, she might not be around long enough to serve it again.

not sure I'd use wife in an example, as it's a lot easier for us to play a differant game then to get a= differant wife. fact of the matter is I know a pretty large amount of people who have left to go play TESO. others who are playing TSW... and a few who have basicly said they're playing WoW now. if Bioware wants to focus souly on the new churn customers, good luck to them. but they can't expect those of us who have been around awhile to stay. right now a lot of us are feeling a little betrayed

Very true. I, for one, am not eating the monkey poo. But I fear enough players will to create the illusion in the minds at EA/BW that players enjoy eating monkey poo.

I fear the same thing. I am not eating the poo, either. I'm sitting at the table, but I'm not touching that entrée.

not sure I'd use wife in an example, as it's a lot easier for us to play a differant game then to get a= differant wife. fact of the matter is I know a pretty large amount of people who have left to go play TESO. others who are playing TSW... and a few who have basicly said they're playing WoW now. if Bioware wants to focus souly on the new churn customers, good luck to them. but they can't expect those of us who have been around awhile to stay. right now a lot of us are feeling a little betrayed

I agree that the last thing I'd worry about is "losing" a wife who serves monkey poo on our anniversary. But you're right ... it's not as if SWTOR is going to change the locks and throw our clothes on the lawn if we don't play this event.

But isn't the actual anniversary date Dec 20th? This event is either really early, or they are just stretching it out to 5 months long.

swg Release date was 2 days and 13 years ago.

I agree that the last thing I'd worry about is "losing" a wife who serves monkey poo on our anniversary. But you're right ... it's not as if SWTOR is going to change the locks and throw our clothes on the lawn if we don't play this event.

Been there...I mean, um, that would be bad.

Maybe, or if we unsub and go play something else, they might decide to strip us of our names and give them away...sort of the same thing...

But yeah, I'm at the party, but I won't be eating the meal. Monkey poo gives me gas.

Maybe, or if we unsub and go play something else, they might decide to strip us of our names and give them away...sort of the same thing...
Not really the same thing. Your example is more like if I decided to leave my monkey-poo-serving-better-half to shack up with an old girlfriend ("Hey there, WoW, how you doin'?" :cool:). I can't really blame my wife for locking me out then. My example discussed only skipping a meal of monkey poo.

Not really the same thing. Your example is more like if I decided to leave my monkey-poo-serving-better-half to shack up with an old girlfriend ("Hey there, WoW, how you doin'?" :cool:). I can't really blame my wife for locking me out then. My example discussed only skipping a meal of monkey poo.

There are three possible outcomes of the monkey poo meal:

1) You eat the monkey poo, even though you don't like it, and are then subjected to meals of monkey poo as long as you two are together, because she thinks you like it.

2) You don't eat the monkey poo, but it wins first prize in the recipe contest at the county fair. She continues to make monkey poo for other people, but you never get to have any.

3) You don't eat the monkey poo and her best friend tells her that monkey poo does not taste good and that nobody will stay with a person who serves monkey poo. She cries and then gets the recipe book out and tries something else. No guarantees on whether that something else is good... but, at least she tried!

I think it's absolutely ridiculous that they ask veteran players, players who have been here since day 1, to grind through another 8 characters, do a load of flashpoints etc for the 5th anniversary "celebration".

This is not celebrating. This is a joke.

The only way they can turn this around if they make those objectives retroactive....THEN will it mean they actually acknowledged dedicated long term players and reward those who have supported the game for so many years by letting them get these rewards faster.

Long term players deserve to get these rewards quicker through retroactive objectives when celebrating five years.

Yeah, I know I've been outta the loop on this one but I suddenly have a whole different perspective about this.

Initially I was "meh" on the whole thing. The event itself is neither creative or clever but I didn't think it the proverbial "slap in the face" <takes a drink> long term players claim it is. If this event were standing by itself I would still hold on to that sentiment.

This even isn't standing by itself though, is it? This is SWTOR's 5th anniversary celebration event. Seriously? What in God's name is wrong with you Bioware?

Now I wholeheartedly agree that veteran players should be pissed off. Although most of them seem to be pissed off for the wrong reasons.

Be angry veterans. Be very angry.

Do not be angry because this event is requiring you to rehash old content to participate. Do not be angry because the event rewards will not be awarded retroactively. Be angry because on this 5th anniversary Bioware chose not to honor the journey taken by you up to this point.

Anniversaries are to celebrate and reflect on the journey you have already taken, not the journey that yet lies before you. Anniversaries are supposed to remind us of our victories. Make us contemplate our defeats. Anniversaries are here to let us show the world that we are still here. That we still stand. That all the blood and tears we have shed to this point mattered.

This "celebration event" does absolutely none of that and that is truly the real tragedy here.

acutally in a way it does it reminds u of the journey to took...to get to where u are

THEN will it mean they actually acknowledged dedicated long term players and reward those who have supported the game for so many years

If you instantly become satisfied with retroactive rewards then you completely sell out on what a 5 Year Anniversary should mean for a long time player and maxed level characters.

Long term players deserve to get these rewards quicker through retroactive objectives when celebrating five years.

No, long term players deserve much, much better than that on an anniversary. They deserve an event worthy of their max level characters. Events that remind them of great moments and challenges that test their gear and skill. Ceremonies and festivals. Galaxy spanning scavenger hunts.

I will say no more. (cue applause)

Edited by Drachehexe

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.