point of clarification RE Dark V Light and transfers

Floplag

OK, im pretty sure this works how i think it will but second opinions welcomed.

Situation, i have 0 char clots, and am not buying any. I do have a free transfer on account. So the plan is to use that to send a random alt i dont use to another server to setup legacy then use that server to do the event.

Now, the goal is to have the stuff on my main, so im assuming that legacy bound stuff will work cross server in this case since legacies are tied?

Where are the gotchas im not thinking of here...

Thoughts?

OK, im pretty sure this works how i think it will but second opinions welcomed.

Situation, i have 0 char clots, and am not buying any. I do have a free transfer on account. So the plan is to use that to send a random alt i dont use to another server to setup legacy then use that server to do the event.

Now, the goal is to have the stuff on my main, so im assuming that legacy bound stuff will work cross server in this case since legacies are tied?

Where are the gotchas im not thinking of here...

Thoughts?

Legacies do not become linked by transferring to another server. You copy the legacy to the destination server, but going forward, anything that happens to one legacy does not happen to the other. If you were to get everything accomplished that you wanted to during the event, you could load up a character with all legacy bound items and transfer them back to your original server, at which point they would then be a part of that server's legacy and could share the gear with your main and other characters in that legacy.

Apparently, some of the rewards will be bind on pickup (the cartel market stuff) so you won't be able to move that around, though it will be unlockable in collections, so you could unlock it account wide and use it on other servers after you collect all the pieces of a particular set. Also, other rewards will be account wide, so those will be a non-issue for you.

yes i realize i would likely have to re-transfer when done but thats better than buying a bunch of char slots

Its absurd they didnt allow for that as part of the event i know many people who like me simply have no room for new alts but thats only one problem i have with this event.

You would need to transfer a character back to your home server with any legacy gear and to update your original legacy after the event is over.

This above.

As for legacy being tied, not sure what you mean by that. Yes a transferred character will take any unlocked items across to new server such as Decorations, legacy level etc. etc. . Gear won't go with transfer unless the transferred character either is wearing, or has gear in that characters inventory or cargo hold. . If that's what you mean? if not then sorry I have misunderstood your post OP.

A free transfer if you only have one may not be worth it. Reason is unless you can get a second free transfer you will end up paying more for the transfer back than it would be to buy a character slot. Unless you were going for the full 8 character level and need 8 slots. If so, I wish you all the best for that. Character slot are on sale next Tuesday on the day of the event. Though last few weeks sales tend to be up a few hours later in the day after server go back online.

Edited by Nevaeh-Heaven

yes i realize i would likely have to re-transfer when done but thats better than buying a bunch of char slots

Its absurd they didnt allow for that as part of the event i know many people who like me simply have no room for new alts but thats only one problem i have with this event.

That depends. Eric said they will be putting the server slots on sale so if they are cheap enough it might be better to buy the slots.

That depends. Eric said they will be putting the server slots on sale so if they are cheap enough it might be better to buy the slots.

Well it would have to be dirt cheap to be worth it, well see. like maybe 90ish at most. Trust me i would rather do this on my home server but till i know im looking into options

Well it would have to be dirt cheap to be worth it, well see. like maybe 90ish at most. Trust me i would rather do this on my home server but till i know im looking into options

You only need 2 slots in order to do the event, since once you unlock the achievement, it is unlocked legacy wide and that character can be deleted to make room for another one.

Only really applies to Legendary Tier, if you don't want to bother with that one, you only need 2 slots with no need for deleting.

Either way, 2 slots will probably be a lot less than 1000 CC for the transfer back.

You only need 2 slots in order to do the event, since once you unlock the achievement, it is unlocked legacy wide and that character can be deleted to make room for another one.

Only really applies to Legendary Tier, if you don't want to bother with that one, you only need 2 slots with no need for deleting.

Either way, 2 slots will probably be a lot less than 1000 CC for the transfer back.

good point, perhaps true, well see what they give us