Lana Beniko Romance Bug

JemRei

This is from my original post about this issue.

Here are my transcripts from CS.

Star Wars: The Old Republic Customer Service <support@swtor.com>

To ----------------------- Apr 1 at 4:51 PM

Greetings,

I am Protocol Droid M0-T0, Human-Cyborg Relations.

Thank you for contacting us about the issue you encountered. This particular case appears to have been caused by a bug within the game that will need to be corrected in a future game update and as such, cannot be corrected by Customer Service.

To allow us to identify and correct these issues, we would request that you submit a Bug Report on this issue. Bug Reports submitted though the In-Game Help Center go directly to our development QA team and not to Customer Service. To submit a bug, you can type /bug in your chat window or select Bug Report from the drop down when creating a new ticket in the In-Game Help Center.

We also recommend checking the latest patch notes at http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes for information on any fixes or changes in our game updates or our Known Bugs list, located at the top of our Bug Forums which can be found here: http://www.swtor.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=417.

We would like to apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused, and to thank you again for the valuable feedback you have provided. Please do not hesitate to report any other issues you may encounter while playing.

Galactic support is our specialty…

Sincerely,

Protocol Droid M0-T0

Star Wars ™: The Old Republic™ Customer Service

I asked "So, should i not finish the chapters with that char until it is fixed?"

This was the reply :

tar Wars: The Old Republic Customer Service <support@swtor.com>

To --------------------- Apr 3 at 4:49 AM

Greetings ------------,

Thank you for contacting us regarding not getting the option to lock in a Romance with Lana Beniko in Chapter 9.

The issue that you have been experiencing is known to us and our Development team/Studio are in the process of investigating it further at the present time.

I'd say you can continue on with your Storyline for the moment ----------- - this issue will have to be fixed with a game patch - and once that's done we can hopefully retroactively apply the option to your character.

We regret that we will be unable to provide you with further updates on this issue here in Customer Service, but recommend checking the latest patch notes at http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes for information on any fixes or changes related to this issue.

We would like to apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused, and to thank you again for the valuable feedback you have provided. Please do not hesitate to report any other issues you may encounter while playing.

Regards,

Mike

Star Wars ™: The Old Republic™ Customer Service

Now you can invite your friends to try out Star Wars: The Old Republic for free. Visit http://www.swtor.com/info/friends for more information, and help them get started today!

We would love to hear your feedback on our Customer Service and invite you to fill out the following survey to help us to continually improve our support!

https://www.research.net/s/TOREN?c=N2-H224116379

So there you go.

So, after 4 months of talking with customer service about this bug, and getting numerous different responses and answers, this is what I got today from CS.

Dear ******,

Thank you for contacting Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Customer Service. I have responded to your query in-game and, for your convenience I have included a summary of the response below in case you are unable to access the in-game mail at the moment. Please note – at times, cases and responses from Customer Support may appear blank in the in-game help portal. If you have accessed your case and are unable to see a response from us, please respond to this mail and myself or a colleague will respond as soon as possible.

"My name is Mark and I'm reaching back out to you regarding your question about resetting your progress for Knights of the Fallen Empire to get back the option to romance Lana Beniko. In this case I'll have to apologize for the incorrect information previously given stating this was a bug. While it can be confusing, it is working as designed and there is nothing in the works to be fixed. To make up for the confusion and incorrect information a bit, I was able to grant 200 Cartel Coins to your account. Unfortunately though any conversation choices made are permanent, and customer service does not have the ability to undo any of these choices."

To check back on any details of the case, you can do so at any time by logging into the game on any of your characters and opening the Help Centre. All cases you have submitted will be listed in the Request Help section, alongside the response from us. All cases are set to resolved once a response has been sent however if you would like to discuss this case further, you can do so by replying to this email or creating a new case in-game.

As always, at BioWare and EA, we strive to provide you with the world's best customer experience for the world's best games. We're always interested in hearing back from you, the player, about your experience with our Game Advisors so that we can improve our service to you.

We would appreciate it if you could take the time to fill out a short survey about your most recent support experience with us. We would greatly appreciate any feedback you may have as we're committed to making sure you always have a personal and positive connection to our game, our people, and our community.

Thank you for playing Star Wars: The Old Republic.

Regards,

Mark

Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Customer Service

So there you go guys, if your Lana romance was messed up even after choosing every option you were supposed to, you are basically SOL.

Edited by JemRei
Errors

There are people who had the romance lock-in option visible on their screen the day before a patch, and escaped out before choosing. Then they logged in the next day, did the same quest on the exact same character and the romance lock-in option was missing. How to the devs explain this behavior? Someone who had this happen needs to provide video or screenshot proof and bug it on that exact character. All the numerous people complaining about this problem can't be wrong.

The fact that romance bugs can go on this long does not instill confidence in me about playing future characters through KOTFE.

I know that the people that have continued the storyline after encountering this 'bug' are out of luck, but I figured I'd copy another post I made on this topic for anyone that it might help, as I found a work-around that did trigger the Lana romance for me after it initially bugged out.

I hadn't played my DS JC in months, so I'd completely forgotten whether I had actually chosen the flirt options with Lana, even though presently I like the idea of a romance with her. I got to the cantina scene of chapter 9 and had no option to (flirt) talk to anyone. So, I reset the chapter on a whim, and when Theron showed up, I took every flirt option with him that I could, just so I'd get the (flirt) talk option in the cantina, and hopefully the ability to romance Lana through that.

So I get to that cantina scene again, and this time I do get the (flirt) talk option. However, when I select it, I have the option to (flirt) talk with Theron, or just plain talk to Lana. A bit dejected, I figured I'd just talk to Lana and carry on with the story sans romance.

However, when I spoke with Lana privately, during the second set of dialogue, there was in fact a flirt option available that let me lock in the romance. I have no idea if this is a bug or due to a bug, or whether I just found a weird work around, but I'd love to know if flirting with Theron, selecting the (flirt) talk option in the cantina and selecting to simply talk to Lana enables anyone else to get the romance lock-in with her.