Gunslinger dirty fighting, really doesn't seem...DIRTY.

TalonVII

Made a gunslinger recently for craps and giggles and even named him Deadpool(well a variant of it with some spanish accents) because why the hell not. Ofcourse chose dirty fighting because come on, deadpool here.

But something I've noticed about dirty fighting, IT ISN'T DIRTY. It honestly feels like a knock off of sabotage. Really need to put in some attacks, that hell even if they don't do a lot of damage, least they look COOL and well DIRTY.

For example one ability I'd trade out shrap bomb for an ability I'd call "Take a knee". You do a knee to the gut then you take a knee, put your left hand gun under the chin then pull the trigger. Ofcourse it's not a kill shot (well unless you do it to a low health kill) but THAT would be a dirty move.

Then I'd take hemorrhaging blast and REALLY make it a dirty blast. And ofcourse you again have to be up close, but you basically kick the guy in the back of the leg to force him down to one knee, then you literally shot him in the back.

Again not an instakill unless against a low health enemy and he can get right back up after the shot is done but again, now you're fighting dirty.

But I know this is only a pipe dream at best, but a guy could dream right.

umm no. A better solution is to Rename the spec. Gunslingers are a Ranged DPS class. the change you give as an example would make it a Melee class. You'd also be taking out a key rotation ability only for looks?

• 2 weeks later...

for raiding, DF is pretty much a rotational thing, as it is a dot range spec.

In pvp, I find myself using a lot of the other things more, as a defense. Like dirty kick. But I also use them when mobs get to close, to stop one so I can wreck the other, those tools help me manage my priority as far as who gets attention first.

If it's just animations you like, ... ? try... watching movies?

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...