The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Give us a dye kit system

Let us choose how to mix and match out outfit coloring using a coloration kit. The kit could house as many colors as are possible for one article (I'm guessing 4?) and would fit into the dye module slot.

The dye kit would accept the primary, secondary, and any further coloring options to be applied to the article in question. Once the color dyes are placed in the kit, you create a custom color kit dye module that can be used in place of other dye modules.

This would allow for many different coloring options. Introduce color modules for the additional parts of armor pieces that aren't affected by either the primary or secondary colors. And all the color variations can have a primary, secondary, and any other number to follow.

They would be the same as using any other mod in that retracting it from they item would destroy it, so the kits would need to be common enough either as a crafted item or something that players could have continued access to them and not be solely dependent on luck to be able to make these.

Don't get me started about the dye system in this game. :rak_04:

Try any other game out there, even the pay to win types, and they all have one thing in common over this game, a way to dye your outfits when and how you like as many times as you like.

I'm fine with them monetizing it, but there needs to be a system where you can get that secondary colour as a stand alone, or mix and match your own primary and secondary combos.

For example, I would like a med red/med red, but no matter how much money i'm willing to throw at them, it's not going to happen under the current system as it simply doesn't exist.

It's as if the boss gathered them in a room and said, Right! let's design the worst possible system your twisted minds can come up with and he even offered a prize for it, to get the imaginative juices flowing.

He exclaims, it must be the most inhibitive, restrictive and user unfriendly system you can conceive for your entry to be taken into consideration.

What we ended up with was a product of that session in my opinion. :p

Don't get me started about the dye system in this game. :rak_04:

It's as if the boss gathered them in a room and said, Right! let's design the worst possible system your twisted minds can come up with and he even offered a prize for it, to get the imaginative juices flowing.

He exclaims, it must be the most inhibitive, restrictive and user unfriendly system you can conceive for your entry to be taken into consideration.

What we ended up with was a product of that session in my opinion. :p

Based on what I've seen that wouldn't be a surprise to learn is truth.

I'm shocked at the color combinations I've seen, like who would ever? Sometimes i run through every outfit with these to see if anything makes those colors look tolerable together. I mean more power to you if that's the colors you've been waiting for!

There are multiple complications I've run into; from finding where to get the dye, or earning rep to get access to either a dye or pattern and then of course finding the right combination with the piece to get the effect I'm looking for.

Give me a primary and a secondary in every shade and color and then whatever else I need to change those spots that currently are locked from color manipulation, there are a lot that just don't color well.

It's hard enough finding that piece that looks just right, it shouldn't be harder to get the colors as perfect as well

• 2 weeks later...
Just go look at the LOTRO cosmetics system.

Import that.

Job Done.

All The Best

thank you, lotro kicked ***, they kinda messed up on the game a bit, well not messed up but coulda made it better, it is better than swtor, 1000% more content, graphics 1000% better, engine is written 1000% better and u dont get memory holes, or horrible lag everywhere. Trust me i played up to 75 and raided, the classes on there were epic i loved the ability to craft the epic armor too

I would love the GW2 style dye system in SWTOR. Let us independently dye primary/secondary/tertiary, let us learn a dye forever once we unlock it. Add a ton more dyes and release a few new colors every month. The price of colors would go higher to compensate for the fact they're not one time use. Sell "dye swaths" on the CM for CCs to buy the ability to unlock shades.

Yeah, give me the LOTRO cosmetic system and the music system. (Really the best parts of the game.)

Most of the time, it's hard to find a dye color that looks good with SWTOR outfits. They look oddly painted on or don't go well with the non-dyed parts of the armor piece. In LOTRO, most cosmetic items that look fantastic in nearly all of the available colors.

The "Lord of the Rings Online" music system is used in an annual player event that attracts over 4,000 player logins at the same time. It has been featured in newspapers and gaming magazines in multiple countries. Does SWTOR have anything like that?

Edited by Xina_LA

Just go look at the LOTRO cosmetics system.

Import that.

Job Done.

All The Best

LOTRO's is great, so is GW2's ... SWTOR has a very basic dye system, and is the only game I play that doesn't let you reuse dyes (like in GW2, once you get a new dye, you have it always).

BDO has 1 time use dyes too

I'm not concerned really with one time as much as choosing the combination. Having each color available as a primary secondary and tertiary and being able to arrange them as I want. I could use a primary pale yellow, secondary deep red, and tertiary black as an example. I have no idea how that would actually look but getting a chance to put together a group of colors as you want them is key.

Having access to a multitude of color Sade's would be great too. Maybe even material base like denim, silk, or metallic would be helpful and make it more fun.

I don't like how many combinations are not available and how many of the available options are ugly.

1- dye system for clothes

2- that also mean fix the clothes that have spot that cannot use dye !! seriously , brough an armor for my BH and both her arm are brown while the rest is black.....

3- dye for Mount .

4- RED MEAN RED . DARK RED MEAN DARK RED NOT BROWN COLORED DIRT LIKE...

Get your colors right! geez...

• 5 months later...

This really needs a refresh. It sucks not being able to find the colors you really want to color your clothing.

A dye kit would offer so much more in the way we can color our cloths.

Offering colors from either crafting or the market that are primary and secondary and even offering tritionary would be awesome.

Using a coloring kit to open up single coloring slots were I can add specific primary dye and an additional specific secondary dye would open so many more possibilities.

The market could focus on a wider variety of colors and effects and not restrict themselves to simple color combinations that may or maynot gain attention.

Establish the baseline hues, pale, light, medium, dark, and deep on all the color options, purple, red, orange, yellow, green, blue, pink, brown, and gray, with black and white. Then you could add other colorations like aqua or fushia. You could additionally add in other tones or hues like, neon, subdued, or metallic.

Without the need to combine them into selections you could really open the pallet of possibilities in colors for everyone to mix and match in their own ways.

Please consider this in a armor dye revamp, I know it would be really a greater option to have.

The dye system we have now, wouldn't be bad if they weren't trying to rob people.

We got some of the most ugly of color combinations, because they wanted to give us a lousy range system to purchase dyes from.

What they could have just as easily done is make the dyes and then charge 1 CC for whatever dye you wanted.

I promise you, if they did this, they still would have made lots of money! I've had outfits where I needed to use multiple dyes to get the right combo of colors on the outfit, because Black/Black needed a White/Black Bracer for instance. :p

I also doubt it cost that much to make it, where they needed to charge 2000 CC for Black/Black dye. :p