is this game no longer Canon?

DronoPuddinpie

Personally I love this game and era. The OT era has just been done to death. I love the original movies but I don't need a rehash of an era I've read stuff/played games on for decades. I'd much rather be playing this and reading this era than following the new stuff.

I agree with this. I am a big fan of the storylines coming out of the 8 classes and the worlds re-imagined as they were thousands of years before the OT.

My problem is, I personally loved Rogue One and I think it's a top three Star Wars movie all-time for me. That being said, I sat through the movie thinking "this wasn't how my Death Star plans were discovered." I think there are definitely some things they could have worked around with what is now Legends canon, and they didn't have to wipe the slate clean with everything.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
I think at some point Revan should be mentioned at least. I wouldnt want all of TOR to be canon anyway because if you think about it, how much do we know about the ancient Egyptians from thousands of years ago? Not much at all really. I would like to keep TOR and A.B.Y. seperate. This way Bioware can keep telling their stories and Disney theirs. :D

Love this era? But we know how this era turns out. :p

I'd rather see us into a future era of the SW universe.

Only in the most generalized ways. Maybe they just find all the stuff from this era more appealing than later ones. I certainly feel that way compared to the sequel trilogy. And I really don't feel the need to add anything more to the OT era because it's already complete. I was actually surprised that I enjoyed Rogue One.

An original story in the far future might be interesting, but I don't think we'll ever get something like that. Wasn't the Legacy comic series sort of considered controversial even before Legends were decanonized?

Edited by OldVengeance

Only in the most generalized ways. Maybe they just find all the stuff from this era more appealing than later ones. I certainly feel that way compared to the sequel trilogy. And I really don't feel the need to add anything more to the OT era because it's already complete. I was actually surprised that I enjoyed Rogue One.

An original story in the far future might be interesting, but I don't think we'll ever get something like that. Wasn't the Legacy comic series sort of considered controversial even before Legends were decanonized?

No idea on the comics. I only read the books, not the comics.

I know I would have liked a Star Wars MMO that took place during Luke's time at recruiting new young Jedi :)

1. Ummm dark force ghosts.. how the f word can Disney say they don't exist?? There is Aloysius Kallig, Horak-Mul, Kalatosh Zavros, Ergast,Revan,Bastila Shan,Valkorion ,Darth Marr and.. Rajavari ( you meet him on Tython and your companion cannot see him,because he's a force ghost, not a hologram) . All important in their era. Disney should quit this canon -non canon bs, this game is STAR WARS, so everything in it should be canon.

2.Vizla - Viszla?? Big deal.. the name is a very popular Hungarian family name in real life and exists in both forms, so i might say Pre Viszla is obviously a descendant of Shae Vizla.

1. Ummm dark force ghosts.. how the f word can Disney say they don't exist?? There is Aloysius Kallig, Horak-Mul, Kalatosh Zavros, Ergast,Revan,Bastila Shan,Valkorion ,Darth Marr and.. Rajavari ( you meet him on Tython and your companion cannot see him,because he's a force ghost, not a hologram) . All important in their era. Disney should quit this canon -non canon bs, this game is STAR WARS, so everything in it should be canon.

2.Vizla - Viszla?? Big deal.. the name is a very popular Hungarian family name in real life and exists in both forms, so i might say Pre Viszla is obviously a descendant of Shae Vizla.

I think you totally missed the part where SWTOR isn't canon anymore. None of those characters even exist as far as Disney is concerned