General Advice/Tips for PvP - Possible repeats, falling on deaf ears.

MasterAtin

My Lords and Ladies, where do I begin?

I'll start with the basics.

Buffs, stims, class/role, gear, collaborating with other players, and fighting other players.

Buffs - Probably the most easily fixed. Based off of my experience, I have seen many players lacking in class buffs and a stim. Granted, a stim isn't that important in 10-64 PvP. However, having one in level 65 can boost your stats quite a bit, and obviously, improve overall performance regardless of role. You can buy stims, greens, blues, purples for dirt cheap at 65.

Invest, get some stims (purples persist through defeat, and last 8 hours!)

Class buffs are also an easily fixable issue that many players shouldn't be facing. A lot of the time I see players (friend and foe alike) joining the frey with fewer or no buffs at all. Sometimes they are stimmed, sometimes not. Some of these players also have a combat stance/ technique/power cell. Simple speculation and probably the most likely explanation would be that after they died and respawned, they forgot to spam their buffs. Granted some players may not be able to give themselves all the class buffs, but even the endurance buff will make you last a little longer.

Remember to buff yourself. If you see another player who is unbuffed, and it is safe to do so, click him and hit your buff. EVERY LITTLE BIT HELPS!!!

Class/Role. Know your class, your role, essentially what you're getting into. Familiarize yourself with the strengths and weaknesses of your class, and know what you're good at. Maybe it's hard to focus a target as a melee, so, role a range class. If your spec is heals, bolster your team by keeping them alive. Do what your spec is intended for. You will be far more effective than trying to do damage while in heal spec.

Gear. Probably the most important of my list, as without having proper gear, you will be a sponge for absorbing massive amounts of damage, terrible heals, and every enthusiastic, dedicated PvP player will hate you for life! PvP gear isn't always immediately available when hitting 65. That being said, if you play your cards right, like you should, for your sake and the sake of other players (who take PvP very seriously) you should have done PvP prior to reaching 65. Both for the sake of saving up comms and getting experience in PvP altogether.

Prepare for PvP. Both in terms of resources (warzone comms) and experience. Lowbie (10-40) PvP is a farm fest for experienced players. Commendations are a dime a dozen. Again, invest and prepare. 204 (lowest 65 PvP gear) is extremely cheap, and the PvP quests will bury you in comms. Invest and prepare.

Collaboration with other players. Probably one of the most important. Working together with other players is essential in winning, or even performing well in a warzone. Chat is your friend, probably your biggest friend. Communicate with your team, let them know if you are going to do anything out of the ordinary. Let your team know if an overwhelming force in coming towards the objective you have. Furthermore, I cannot stress this enough. Difficult to explain, so an example will have to do. A friendly player is capping an objective. There are enemies nearby. Use stuns, knockbacks, or rooting/bindings to buy your team mate more time. Chain lock your stuns to also buy more time. Pay attention to what is happening, how your team mates are involved, and the status of nearby enemies. Use wisdom and common sense to determine the best course of action.

Lastly, fighting enemy players. Many players have become accustom to the mindless drones in PvE. This AI enemy will never run away and break line-of-sight with you and they will not back down. They will fight you till they are dead. Players will behave very differently. They will use every tool at their disposal. If they are a dual spec capable of healing themselves, they will stun you, and/or break line-of-sight to regenerate their health. They will try and sustain themselves AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE. They will not fight "with honor" range classes will do their very best (if they are skilled) to maintain a good amount of distance between you and them. They will root you and run away if you get to close (sorcerers...) *See Bronn vs. Ser Vardis GoT*

Essentially, DO NOT make it easy for an enemy to kill you. Keep moving, use the environment to break line-of-sight with your target. Some melee classes have a channeled melee attack. Continuing to move will make it harder for them to use it (see master strike/blade dance and ravage) as these abilities can do quite a bit of damage.

Fellow PvP players, let me know if I missed anything, feel free to add. I saw these as just the basics that apply to every player and every class, a general sense of things per say. NO doubt there are PvP guides for every class and every spec.Sometimes I feel like I'm talking to a brick wall half the time.