The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

So who is looking forward to seeing lots of different trooper types in the new SW?

DoothVooDeer

As we have all seen in the trailer for rouge one there is considerable development into the different designs of the troopers.

it appears that a teaser screenshot showcase another new trooper, and i being a massive fan of "clone wars style and legions" was just wondering what do we think we can expect to see trooper wise?

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Star-Wars-Rogue-One-Just-Showed-Off-Type-Stormtrooper-133417.html

New player? why not get some extra goodies on your adventure by simply clicking my referral link.

http://www.swtor.com/r/cbtSBh

Edited by DoothVooDeer

I'm amazed the first order even had the resources to build a new deathstar object like the Star Killer base. How they are going to fund their war effort after the collapse of the empire after all these years...

Captain Phasma is a far greater traitor than Finn ever was. If someone from the First Order ever finds out Phasma was solely responsible for aiding Finn and the resistance fighters disabling the defenses to the Starkiller base, Phasma will be in far greater military justice penalty than Finn.

Edited by Falensawino

I'm amazed the first order even had the resources to build a new deathstar object like the Star Killer base. How they are going to fund their war effort after the collapse of the empire after all these years...

Captain Phasma is a far greater traitor than Finn ever was. If someone from the First Order ever finds out Phasma was solely responsible for aiding Finn and the resistance fighters disabling the defenses to the Starkiller base, Phasma will be in far greater military justice penalty than Finn.

Well that actually shows, while the Empire was destroyed, they still have a *** ton of resources. Though I fully expect if that's what a smaller FO has, that the Galactic Empire shows some big tech feats in the EU since they logically would have vastly greater resources at their disposal.

Also totally agree on Phasma, loyalty to the FO my left foot. No matter how small the risk it may have seemed, she still shouldn't have done it, I hope she gets what's coming to her in the next movie, probably shot.

I'm ok with new types of stormtroopers in the new Star Wars, but I'd rather not see them in Rogue One or any other "pre-episode 4" movie. Not without a good reason we wouldn't have already seen them

If they're specialized troopers only deployed in certain environments / conditions, and those conditions weren't present in the battles we saw in the OT, that's good enough a reason for me. Pretty much every unique environment we did see in the OT did have a different Stormtrooper variant present, that being true for the environments we didn't see seems legit.

If they're specialized troopers only deployed in certain environments / conditions, and those conditions weren't present in the battles we saw in the OT, that's good enough a reason for me. Pretty much every unique environment we did see in the OT did have a different Stormtrooper variant present, that being true for the environments we didn't see seems legit.

But are they a different "type" of trooper, or is it just specialized armor? Like when America sends troops to Afghanistan and they wear one type of camo, then send the same soldiers to somewhere else, let's say a jungle country. Are they different troopers? No, just uniform specialized for the environment