Server Transfers (No, not about the price of them)

MadDutchman

Just something I've been thinking about for awhile, it would be really nice if server transfers were purchasable from the CM as a token (like character renames) which can be sold on the GTN.

This would give us another means to transfer characters if RL funds are short (and makes BW the same amount of money).

Wouldn't that mean that they'd still cost 1000cc. The action of transferring costs 1000cc from the website. So you'd still have to use the monthly stipend or purchase the CC's with cash.

Or did you have something else in mind? Like them being purchasable from the CM then able to be placed on the GTN to sell/buy for credits?

An idea I came up with, since in another post a few people think I have such a toxic attitude towards beggars, was maybe BW can have a promotion. Something like "Return to SWTOR" for former players.

The promotion would be along these lines:

To quallify, player accounts would have to have been inactive for 3 months or longer. An email could be sent to those inactive account holders. BW would decide who qualifies for transfers based on their data. Those that qualify would receive a code, specific to their account, that they can use. And since it will require the promotion code, they wouldn't have to put an "end-date" on it.

Returning players under these circumstances could be offered the following:

• Subscribe for 30 days and receive 3 free, one way, transfer tokens.
  • Subscribe for 60 days and receive 6 free, one way, transfer tokens.
  • Subscribe for 90 days and receive 9 free, one way transfer tokens.
  • Subscribe for 6 months and receive a single, one way, transfer token for each pre-existing character.

This way, it's win-win. BW gets subs and people that qualify get their transfers.

Wouldn't that mean that they'd still cost 1000cc. The action of transferring costs 1000cc from the website. So you'd still have to use the monthly stipend or purchase the CC's with cash.

Or did you have something else in mind? Like them being purchasable from the CM then able to be placed on the GTN to sell/buy for credits?

An idea I came up with, since in another post a few people think I have such a toxic attitude towards beggars, was maybe BW can have a promotion. Something like "Return to SWTOR" for former players.

The promotion would be along these lines:

To quallify, player accounts would have to have been inactive for 3 months or longer. An email could be sent to those inactive account holders. BW would decide who qualifies for transfers based on their data. Those that qualify would receive a code, specific to their account, that they can use. And since it will require the promotion code, they wouldn't have to put an "end-date" on it.

Returning players under these circumstances could be offered the following:

• Subscribe for 30 days and receive 3 free, one way, transfer tokens.
  • Subscribe for 60 days and receive 6 free, one way, transfer tokens.
  • Subscribe for 90 days and receive 9 free, one way transfer tokens.
  • Subscribe for 6 months and receive a single, one way, transfer token for each pre-existing character.

This way, it's win-win. BW gets subs and people that qualify get their transfers.

What about existing players on existing dead servers though? We reward their loyalty by making them pay 1000CC or are we back to the "too bad you should have paid the 90CC" argument from the other thread?

What about existing players on existing dead servers though? We reward their loyalty by making them pay 1000CC or are we back to the "too bad you should have paid the 90CC" argument from the other thread?

If BW determines a server is "Dead" then it's up to them to decide if those players qualify for free transfers. But instead of what they did with the other server mergers, they can offer up a limited time transfer to a "server of choice" within a target list.

In the case of server mergers, those that don't take advantage of, or don't resub until after, the "server of choice" option, will be subject to be moved within the region they are in (East Coast to East Coast, West Coast to West Coast, etc.). If those players are unhappy with where their characters ended up (much like I was after the first 2 mergers), then they can either pay the regular cost to transfer, or re-roll, on the server of their choice.

Even transferring 1 character will guarantee that all legacy achievements will be transferred as well. (For instance: If I transferred 1 character to Harbinger, where I had previously deleted all of my characters, I'd be starting out over there with legacy level 50, all datacrons, companions, legendary, and numerous other achievements. Plus whatever credits I send over). So it wouldn't be like I was totally starting from scratch. You can level up a fresh character in just a few days and have them in full 208 gear when they hit 65 without having to spend a single credit (other than travel costs).