Courting Gifts Still Not Fixed - Solutions!

OOJames

Please community, add your name to this to make sure the issue is not buried. Pressure a change!!

For a kind of important aspect of the game (getting your fav character to max influence) this needs to fixed be 5 months ago - and yet it isn't despite numerous bug reports.

Please either fix it or...

1) Provide a vendor where gifts can be exchanged for something else.

2) Remove courting gifts completely - especially from crew mission results.

3) Come up with a different solution.

Anyone else have any ideas?

Come on get to it!!

Edited by OOJames
Highlighting

If they do anything besides actually fix the Courting Gifts themselves, it'll only continue to fuel suspicions that they actually broke romances and not the gifts themselves.

A removal of them or an exchange vendor would just be the easy way out, without ever having to admit that the "story driven" expansion broke so many personal character stories.

I was able to use Courting Gifts on Vette after I got her back through the Chapter. She received a decent amount of points from them. So perhaps they only work now after you continue a romance. As if, you need to re-establish and make that final choice.

Vette always gets "Like" value (4x multiplier) from Courting Gifts. This would be boosted to "Love" value (16x multiplier) if in relationship. She only gets "Like" value from existing or continuing romances now. No more than, say, Talos, or Bowdaar or even M1-4X have always gotten from them.

Doc gets "Love" value from Courting (and Luxury) gifts regardless of romance status and has been the only economical use of Courting Gifts for the last 8 months.

Edited by docbenwayddo

If they do anything besides actually fix the Courting Gifts themselves, it'll only continue to fuel suspicions that they actually broke romances and not the gifts themselves.

A removal of them or an exchange vendor would just be the easy way out, without ever having to admit that the "story driven" expansion broke so many personal character stories.

Agreed. Hopefully they take some of the down-time between chapter 16 and season 2 to reevaluate/fix all these bugs and make sure the second half of the expac doesn't suffer from the same lack of proper bug testing and QA.

I think at this point if they cannot fix courting gifts properly, is just add courting gifts to the romancable companions as a favourite gift regardless of romance progression.

I know that this would technically not be 100% correct, but I have got so many courting gifts now and I don't think anyone favourites them so it's almost a waste giving it to anyone else.

I know that this would technically not be 100% correct, but I have got so many courting gifts now and I don't think anyone favourites them so it's almost a waste giving it to anyone else.

I'd argue that getting *something* from them, even if it isn't as much as you'd like, is less wasteful than just sitting on them, unless you *know* that they will be fixed soon.

I'd like to see them fixed but if that isn't feasible, I much prefer the vendor idea to just removing them. If they remove them entirely, people would have wasted resources on them for nothing.

I think at this point if they cannot fix courting gifts properly, is just add courting gifts to the romancable companions as a favourite gift regardless of romance progression.

As it says upthread, they're Doc's 'love' gift regardless of gender or romance status. If you have a Knight, you could make good use of them there.